Do we need to pick open daffodils before sunday's frost?

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Like everyone else I suspect, I have lots of wide open daffodils. Will these blossoms survive the upcoming dip to the low 20's? Or do I need to pick them first and enjoy them inside?

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Don't know the answer but I will probably bring some in, just because.

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

I will too.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

At least we've had a while to enjoy the daffodils in this very unusual winter. I have astilbe foliage up that I covered with mulch. Not really sure what's the best thing to do.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

yikes,, I was just telling my husband I am going to pick a valentine bouquet tomorrow. The high winds and cold I think will really wipe them out. I would rather cut and enjoy them, than wait and see them turn to mush.. although they might be ok, I know they can withstand cold temps. It's been so warm too,,,???

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

My established daffodils are mostly up already. But, I was tardy putting out some new bulbs,which are just starting to break the surface now, so should get a second crop in a couple of weeks when the cold snap is just a memory.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I picked some,, gave up,, too cold and am on crutches temporarily. The cold did melt some of them, but some ok. Didn't go out and check my camellias.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.