Noid Help

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Got the first noid from Michigan Bulb a couple years ago for Daring Deception. The second one from Walmart for Pardon Me.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

One more Pardon Me mistake.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

This was substituted as somethink else from M/B. I believe it is Fairy Tale Pink. Not what they said it was. Am I correct? Second one was another Pardon Me mishap ! Mike

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

On your last post Mike, it looks like Fairy Tale Pink to me.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That looks like FTP to me, too. I couldn't tell you what they others are.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the input Cindy and Karen.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Could the first one be Crimson Pirate (Sass 1951)? stats: 30",Dip,4",Dor,M,Noc,Ext,Sp

How big is your NOID?

This message was edited Feb 12, 2012 9:27 AM

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You are welcome Mike. Check the reviews on Michigan Bulb in the Garden Watchdog. I don't think they are too good. I personally would not buy from them. My father has bought from them and hardly anything lives.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That CRIMSON PIRATE does have a striking resemblance to your red NOID, Mike. I have CP myself and didn't catch that.

Karen

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

There are also some differences, but that could be individual garden variance.

Here is the Plant files link: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/26583/

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

It's sometimes hard to tell a flower in it's first, or even second year of bloom, as they don't really come into their own till year 3. For this reason I feel only pics of blooms on well established plants should be put up in the plant files or other databases.

Karen

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

You are right Karen. I feel the same. Here is my Fairy Tale Pink Mike. It has been in the garden since 2008. This is last yr

Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

So true. FYI, my Crimson Pirate was purchased from Leightonhill, AKA Lisa Rodway, from the LA and planted the spring of 2009.

Mine bloomed for a long time. It started in early June and continued to have blooms into late July! As I recall there was another thread that talked about a NOID that might be Crimson Pirate here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1203494

I went back and looked at it and one of them was one of yours Mike. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8779230
LOL Is this the same one or a different plant?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Laura, it look totally diffrent to me. I will pay closer attention this season. This one seem to have more substance (whatever that mean) LOL!! My CP came from Walmart for Pardon Me. The one above came from M/Bulb for Daring Deception.
Crimson Pirate clump shot
Picture of said noid earley in the bloom season

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bev, I will put this one down as FTP for sure. thanks for the input. Mike
BTW, how is the hand doing? Ready for spring?

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

I think you are correct. Well, you will just have to keep looking. :-(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.