So! We won!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Tooting my own horn!!!!!
I work in the garden department of Home Depot in Wilmington, NC. They have, before I started there two years ago, had a booth at the Wilmington Garden Show. I convinced them to enter this year. They've won Best in Show every time they entered in the past, so there was , you know, "no pressure". ;)
Well! We won! Best small booth and Best in Show. Our theme was vertical gardening; (kinda had to since I was only allowed a 10x10 booth). I designed and built most the six projects we displayed.
Here's a few pictures of: the booth, the ribbons we won, the gutter garden, the chainlink garden, me, my dog Sugah and my Department Head. The last one is Sugah in her HD outfit after rolling a LOT in the mulch.
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Sumter, SC

Congrats, Barb, for a job well done. Sugah, who will always be Sugahbama to me, is precious.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

WTG! With vertical gardening in mind .. this may interest you ..

Gardening with 4" PVC pipe

http://www.pvcplans.com/pipe-garden.htm

I think this is brilliant!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

way to go that is awesome. Now you gotta come see your dad and come to my place and do my yard.

Lavina

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Thanks y'all!
Sugahbama was as big a hit at the show as our gardens.
Love the pic of the PVC garden. One of the gardens I built for the show used a vinyl gutter, a similar idea to the pipe.
Since we did so well, now they want me to build a garden in one of the bays in the outside area of our department. Ah, the downside of fame...;)
Once concern I have with this is if we have a big storm, (hurricane, etc), the project could be destroyed. Something like these pipes or a gutter could be taken down easily.
Barb

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Barb, are those burlap "containers" on the chainlink fence? I instantly thought that this would be a way to keep plants out of the reach of my chickens, and still use the fence for support. I love it, the whole thing looks very practical, and more important, DO-ABLE!
Thanks for sharing:)

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Yes they are, with a weed block layer on the inside. They are stapled to 2x8 treated lumber that is screwed into the poles supporting the chainlink.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Congratulations! Well Done!
Entlie

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Thanks!

Wilmington, NC(Zone 8a)

You deserved to win. Your exhibit was wonderful

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Thanks!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.