CLOSED: Birthday Club February 2012

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Chris, did you get my card? I mailed back on the 22nd,

Joy

yes,, much better...lol

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Chris, glad to hear you received the card :) Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
Hmmm, a scented card... clever idea!
Michelle

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Chris!! I hope it's a fun day for you. Do you have to work or can you get a day off to yourself? Sure Hope LK sstops by with another one of those fabulous cakes she finds somewhere.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Plenty of cake for all to share!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! Hope your day is filled with wonderful birthday surprises and you have a fantabulous day!

Happy belated birthday iris and Happy Birthday Chris!!!!!!

Iris, did you get my card?

Joy

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Yes I did Joy! Thanks! I did get a couple more cards yesterday and will post who those are from this evening (I know one was from Michelle).

Thanks!

Blackshear, GA

Joy,
Did you get my card? It was late...sorry, but you should have gotten it a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Birthday Chris!

Yes I did, I am sorry that I didn't get it posted, it really made me smile! Thanks so much!

Joy

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Happiest Birthday, Missy Clan! Have a beautiful day and year, my friend.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I have tried like a dozen times to say happy birthday to Chris. My post does not show up,,,whaaaa

Trying again.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Thumbnail by

LOL!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Yep LK..that's a cake. :0) I'll have a piece right now.

Been painting all day. I am whipped and heading to the shower. I must be getting old. This is all getting to be too much for me.....sigh....

I did have help today. First they brought me a brace of mice and then they decided to help paint.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

A brace of mice?

Love seeing those kitties all grown up, Neener.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm cracking up over that 'fairy' you put on here Elfie LOL.. I'm afraid to ask who that is :)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes..it's been a good day :) I went and signed all the preliminary papers for buying the house..nice birthday present. lol
I'm reading all the different ideas for the pergola and thinking..I'll never live up to what they want to do LOL.. I agree it's going to need vines, but I'm not sure what one yet. I love clematis, morning glory, hyacinth bean, and on and on.. so who knows what will wind up there lol.. but I don't want bees around where I want to sit..hmmm.. a dilemma

Joy..forgive me! I DID receive it and thought I had posted, but evidently not! I love that little dog.. he is soooooo cute! With that dirty face and looking as if he's saying "What? I didn't do it". Adorable! Thank you :)

Neener, I did have to work..with the mandatory OT, if I use PTO then I still have to get my 8 hours of OT-so in 4 days, I have to work 40 hours :) It's best to not take a day off right now LOL

Thanks again everyone.. it's great to have such good friends :)

{{{{{ Hugs }}}} We all love you, Chris. I thought today if you get that adorable house, it'll probably be your best B-day present.....ever!

Hi, all.
Oh, Chris, what a lovely birthday present... a house! :) That's really cool that you got to sign the papers today. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you! Looking forward to hearing that you're moving in!
Hmmm, more cake... yum!!!
Michelle

Athens, PA

Can't wait to see pictures of the house - oh and the yard! How big is the lot? What kind of landscaping is there Chris? Our yard started out with nothing but a dog run. I was so excited!

Yes it is me in the pic...lol. I morphed my face in over someone pic I found on the web....

Athens, PA

ooohhh.... that could be fun. How does one morph into other photos Kris?

You know she has that magic wand and lots of fairy dust...lol

Athens, PA

This is so true!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Carolyn, it's a pretty small lot which I really wanted..didn't want to have to do a lot of mowing :) I think the lot is like 0.13 acre lol.. It already has some landscaping, so I can't wait to see what pops up this summer for me :) I hope to get to talk to the sellers about what they know about the plants.

I thought it was you, Elfie LOL... too funny :)

I received a card today from Debbie.. thank you! :)

Here's a few of the pics from the realtor's website... I don't get the furniture, darn it..but I do get the appliances :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell Thumbnail by ClanCampbell Thumbnail by ClanCampbell Thumbnail by ClanCampbell Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Chris, that is so pretty! Let us know when you have those feet propped up on the deck, and your sippin on that margarita!

It's obvious how much the sellers took great pride in it, Chris, both inside and out. I'm so happy for you!

Athens, PA

Chris

I love it! It is just adorable. I know you are going to be so happy there. I love the kitchen and the dining room - do you cook? I love to cook.

So thrilled to see the pictures - thank you for posting.

Hi, all.
Chris, it will be fun to discover what's already growing in your yard and plan your own special additions! :)
Debbie, glad to hear you also received my card :)
Michelle

I have a program that has a magic wand to cut and paste..lol

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Love your new house Chris! Inside and out! What fun to decorate to your taste and to see what plants may be coming up this season! Congratulations!

Debbie

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

FINALLY.

I figured out where Neener got her name. ;)

http://youtu.be/StqXsArefxU

xox
A.

lol

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

LOL!

Athens, PA

That is so funny!

It must be good video! I'll have to watch it on hubby's laptop since I don't have sound on my PC, which is almost 10 years old and is dying a slow death.

Had a good day weeding and started a few flats of veggie seeds. Impatient me will be looking at the light stand in the morning to see what's popped up :0)

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Oh Chris ...... your house is cute as a button!!!!! So cozy and cute! I know you will love it there and playing in your yard!

I can't believe it!!!! I bought cards for everyone, and even some coming up so I was ready, and I can't find them!!!!! I am so mad. I am going to start digging in my 'hidey' places again and see if I can find them. As soon as I do, I'll get them in the mail. So sorry I'm even later than I was!

Athens, PA

Quote from Crit :

I can't believe it!!!! I bought cards for everyone, and even some coming up so I was ready, and I can't find them!!!!! I am so mad. I am going to start digging in my 'hidey' places again and see if I can find them. As soon as I do, I'll get them in the mail. So sorry I'm even later than I was!

You have no idea how glad I am that you said that. I thought I was the only one that seemed to do things like that!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Amanda where do find this stuff?!?! ") You are sumpin' else girl.

Just got back from a quick trip to spend some girl time with my Mom. We went to the local flower show which has been declining a little bit more every year. We won't be going again next year I can tell you unless something changes. Big building. Half of it was "landscaping" displays which consisted of a lot of hardscaping and a few piles of mulch with daffodils stuck in them. The other half of the building was vendors. Probably at least 50 of them and of those 50 there were 1 or 2 that had plants for sale. 2 Orchid growers and all the rest was Chinese crap with a few handmade items thrown in. There were at least 5 or 6 people selling dip mixes of every variety known to man. Flower and Garden Show??? I musta missed something.

Anyhoo, I did spring for an orchid since none of mine are blooming this winter. For Michelle since she can't see the picture, I'll try to describe it. It is a rich yellow and orange color with a magenta throat. Hope it manages to survive and rebloom next year.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Those bloom colors are rich and saturated.

One of these years we should get a bunch of peeps interested in going to the Philadelphia Flower Show. Too late this year since it's tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.