CLOSED: INTEREST THREAD PERENNIAL PLANT SWAP 'APRIL TILL SEPT "

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A WAY OF ADDING MORE NEW PLANTS TO YOUR GARDENS FOR JUST THE COST OF POSTAGE :)
POSTAGE IS WHAT IT COST YOU TO SEND TO ANOTHER GARDEN FRIEND ; HOW COOL IS THAT .

EACH MONTH WE WILL SHARE 5-6 NICE SIZE PLANTS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IN A NURSERY IF YOU WAS TO GO BUY THEM.
THEY MUST BE LIVE HEALTHY PLANTS ,

I WOULD LIKE TO FIND AT LEASE 12 PEOPLE , YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR EVERY MONTH BUT YOU MUST SEND IN THE MONTH
YOU SIGN UP TO SEND .

APRIL WILL BE OUR 1ST MONTH TO SHARE PLANTS THERE IS REALLY NO LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY YOU CAN SHARE AS LONG AS YOU SHARE NO LESS THEN 5 .

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIST THE TYPES OF PLANTS YOUR LOOKING FOR . & WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT :)

USUALLY I CAN FIT 6- 12 PLANTS IN A LARGE FLATE RATE SIZE BOX & IT COST ABOUT $8-$11. PENDING ON WHERE IT GOES.
I DO NOT USE THE FLATE RATE FOR THEN IT COST MORE , BUT YOU CAN FIND NICE BOXES FROM LOCAL STORES & THEY MAIL CHEAPER SOMETIMES THEN THE FLAT RATE BOXES DO.

THIS WILL GIVE US ALL TIME TO CHAT ABOUT THE TYPE OF PLANTS WE HAVE HOW THEY GROW IN OUR ZONE & IF OTHERS WOULD LIKE TO TRY THEM .
SOME PLANTS CAN BE INVASIVE IN SOME AREAS SO KEEP THAT IN MIND ALSO .

PLEASE SEEDLINGS DO NOT OR WILL NOT COUNT AS A PLANT . BUT CAN BE SHARED . LET US KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PLANTS YOU WANT TO GROW . HOPE YOU WILL STOP IN & CHAT WITH US .
SUSIE

P.S
We Do NOT Expect you to send every month but just the ones you sign up for this is just a great way to add more plants to your landscape @ a cheaper Cost then Ordering them :)

also just wanted to mention I Do Not Mean to sound rude or Mean in anyway but if anyone has had More then
3 NEG FEED BACK They will Not be able to JOIN UNLESS They send Their Box 1st & It checks out ok .
I'm Sorry I Do not like to turn anyone away Nor do I Like to Judge anyone , But I Do Check Just so I can make this a fun &
Safe trade for everyone .

MEMBERS

DEEJAY9/SUSIE
FRUITOFTHEVINE/SUSAN
PAINTEDACRES/JILL
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY/KATHY
GOLDHILLAL/
MINNESIPPI/ STEPHINE
CRIT/PATTI
TINA_A/TINA
OUTLAWHEART81 / KELLY
CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRISTINE
POISONDARTFROG / ALANA
RICKCOREY_WA / COREY-------MAYBE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
MUD_ELF
SCBUTTERCUP /
HAPPGARDEN
CVILLE_GARDENER/CAROL
BLUESPIRAL / KAREN
CHEERMOM /
OBERON46 /
CHELLFLOWER

NEW WANT & HAVE LIST THREAD : NO CHAT PLEASE

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

WISH LIST

DEEJAY9
DAYLILIES -- ONES I DON'T HAVE ON MY TRADE PAGE
IRISES ---ANY I DON'T HAVE
SIBERIAN OR JAPANESE IRISES
DIANTHUS
CONEFLOWERS
BULBS
DAISY'S
MUMS
CONEFLOWERS
BRUGS DBLS OR TRIPLES
RHODODENDRON ROOTED CUTTING REALLY WELCOME I HAVE NONE
AZALEAS --- I HAVE ONE RED ONE
FOTV
Tall Garden Phlox
Bearded Irises.
Agastaches,
Salvias,
Lilies,
Daylilies.
PAINTEDACRES

WARRIORSWIADOMKATHY
Phlox other than david white
Dwarf named iris;
Daylilies, pink, red or purples;
Alstromeria Sweet Laura (Z5);
Aruncus;
Campanula Chettle Charm or C. punctata
Cherry Bells
p. Pantaloons;
Bergenia;
Cimicifuga (any);
Dicentra spectabalis or any of the formosas;
Digitalis p. Pam's choice or Pam's Split;
Heuchera or heucherella (any);
Rodgersia (any);
Sanguisorba obtusa (Burnet);
Lilies (no orange), any of the Trumpets
Orientals, O.T.s, L.A.Hybrids;
Lily of the Valley ;
Veronicastrum (want the blue variety).
GOLDHILLAL
MINNESIPPI
CRIT
Scented Geranium. I have Citrnella
Ivy (trailing) geranium
Carniverous plants
Scented/flavored herbs.
Any sweet smelling flower gardenia, jasmine, tuberose.
All colors of iris, regular and fancy.
Hummer and B'fly attractors & hosts
Day Lillies
Lily (especially the very fragrent ones)
Hosta's
Shrimp plants
Lolipop plants
Any kind of unusual plants like the 2 above
Ferns
Hibiscus, double and single.
Dahlia's
Agastache (sp. wrong)
Coneflowers
Columbine
Penstemon
Intersting tropicals & unusual plants (inside or outside)
Surprise me!!!!!
TINA_A
OUTLAWHEART81
CZIMMERMAN00
Coneflowers other then white or purple
other heuchera
ferns
cimifuga
clematis
ligularia
rose
cimifuga
coneflower other then purple or white
Zebra grass or maiden grass

pretty much anything!
POISONDARTFROG
Cannas
Dahlias
Iris, all but one species
Daylilies
Hibiscus
Lilies, any kind
Surprises

RICKCOREY_WA
DIAMOND9192002
MUD_ELF
WOULD LIKE ALL TYPES OF BULBS FOR HER ZONE
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
Asiatic, Orientals and LA lilies
Named daylilies
Tiarellas
Clematis
Cannas
Dahlias
Phlox
Columbine
Geraniums
Hostas
Peonies
Agastaches
Heucheras
Siberian, Louisiana, Japanese & Bearded Irises
***************************************************************************************
SCBUTTERCUP Z8
Lilies of the valley
Lenten rose
scented geraniums (rose or citrus especially)
Anything fun for my mostly sunny 5b yard, with dry shade
surprise me (except no cannas please)
*******************************************************************************************************************************
CVILLE_GARDENENER/CAROL
I would love some of the Sweet Dame's Rocket. ♥♥♥
And other heavy reseeders. Things that would be good in a Mesic prairie or pine barrens ... or a meadow.
Anything on my DG Wants List, ornamental grasses, daffodils, lilies, crinums, hardy passiflora, clematis.
***********************************************************************************************************************************

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 4:58 PM

This message was edited Feb 20, 2012 9:37 AM

This message was edited Feb 24, 2012 7:01 PM

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 11:35 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

What a cute gardening girl you found there, Susie, and a great idea to bring back monthly plant swaps. Any perennial is fine with me. To name just a couple I'm shy on are Tall Garden Phlox and Bearded Irises. I'm always interested in adding Agastaches, Salvias, Lilies, and more Daylilies.

Would you please sign me for April to start?

Now How Did I KNOW you would be the 1st :) I Sure hope you & I also get a chance to swap this year I Have a few on your list to share .I figure A Gardener can Have Just SO MUCH As far as TOOLS < BOOKS< & Hand Cream .

Now Its Time to GET down & Dirty with NEW PLANTS :) I have My Brother here 24/7 with me this year So I Know we will get much planted . well Welcome aboard Fruity I Know Others will Join us when they get there GARDEN GLOVES OUT :)))

We can edit our 1st post as we find Plants we would like to add then when it is time To start trading we can Move them over RIGHT ????

As You All Know I Love ANYTHING I DON"T HAVE :) HEHE

DAYLILIES
IRISES
DIANTHUS
CONEFLOWERS
BULBS
DAISY'S
MUMS
EVEN PLANTS I DON'T KNOW I MIGHT LIKE TILL YOU SHARE WITH ME :)

Weatherby, MO(Zone 5a)

Hi - I'm very interested, but will need more information. I'm new here, but garden quite a bit. I have many many Daylilies, Bearded Iris and Siberian Iris, as well as some ornamental grasses and a few Hostas. If you'll bear with me as I learn the ropes here, I'd love to join up.

Jill

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I want in!!!! Not sure if I can start in April yet, might have to wait and see what the weather is like (still a snow month and we are above avg. so far this winter every month). May and onward is a definate. Will probably edit later to add more of what I want. LOL.

Phlox other than david white such as paniculatas and divaricatas; Dwarf named iris; Daylilies, pink, red or purples; Alstromeria Sweet Laura (Z5); Aruncus; Campanula Chettle Charm or C. punctata Cherry Bells or p. Pantaloons; Bergenia; Cimicifuga (any); Dicentra spectabalis or any of the formosas; Digitalis p. Pam's choice or Pam's Split; Heuchera or heucherella (any); Rodgersia (any); Sanguisorba obtusa (Burnet); Lilies (no orange), any of the Trumpets would be treasured, Orientals, O.T.s, L.A.Hybrids; Lily of the Valley ; Veronicastrum (want the blue variety).

Those are a few of my wants, I'm quite sure there are others.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Please explain plant seedlings

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Oh, I guess that means to send divisions.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I want in - not sure what month or what I want - but I want in :)

Gm & welcome as soon as i can go get on my other computer i will add your names & fill you all in on more details had to type much on this one with missing keys :) so will be back later with more info .

if you have question please feel free to ask i will then answer the best i can . back later
susie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I want in too!!! Just saw this on the Trades forum. Won't be able to do every month but maybe a few. I'll let you know when I have things to trade and want in on a month's. Here are a few of the things I would like to have, but would enjoy plants not listed that I'm not familiar with but you like in your garden/house. I have more shade than sun in my gardens. I really need some plants that do good in all shade and doppled sun/shade

Scented Geranium. I have Citrnella
Ivy (trailing) geranium
Carniverous plants
Scented/flavored herbs.
Any sweet smelling flower gardenia, jasmine, tuberose.
All colors of iris, regular and fancy.
Hummer and B'fly attractors & hosts
Day Lillies
Lily (especially the very fragrent ones)
Hosta's
Shrimp plants
Lolipop plants
Any kind of unusual plants like the 2 above
Ferns
Hibiscus, double and single.
Dahlia's
Agastache (sp. wrong)
Coneflowers
Columbine
Penstemon
Intersting tropicals & unusual plants (inside or outside)
Surprise me!!!!!

Thanks DJ!

WELCOME ALL where to begin let me start with
paintedacres/jill ---interested, but will need more information

each month I will draw names match each other up with a person to share plants with . Usually you will not be sending to the same person that will be sending to you . So no chance of sendint the same type of Plants .

it would be much easier if you could put a list of your likes or dislikes Here On This Link
(COMING SOON)
This way the link will be at the top of our FORUM so when you are sending plants to someone you can tell pretty much what they
would like .

It would also BE VERY HELPFUL If You Update your trade page as to what you already have Such as if you have Named Daylilies & Want more we don't what to send what you might already have . Just a suggestion .

all i ask is when you sign up to a month to send That you will please hold up your end & Send on time your membership HAS TO BE PAID Up , Please send me your Name & MAILING ADDRESS if you are not in the Address exchange .

We don't expect you to dig up a plant & send the whole plant :) but if it is Big enough to divide & Share we ask that the roots are washed & Wrapped for protection.

we try to find at lease 1-2 plants that our partner has on their list of wants .
we ask that all plants are marked as to what they are .

Goldhillal : you ask what are seedling I'm talking about Little plugs plants that you might start from seeds , you can share them
with your partner if you like as extras , but this swap is for Nice Mature type plants that you can buy from a Nursery but they come from your gardens :))))

cuttings are not considered a plant , but you can share them as extra as long as you ask your partner .

this will not be a secret swap you will know who is sending to you & Who you are sending to .
there will be NO GIFTS Other then PLANTS .

you can share as many plants as you can fit in a large flat rate or med flat rate

well i have to get back in with daddy you all have a great day ask away if you have more questions we are here.
susan or crit can help :)))) also

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I want in too please. I'm not sure which months I will be able to participate, but definitely want to.

welcome Tina_A you can pick & choose the month you want to play all i ask is that everyone who signs up for a month they will keep track of the forum as often as they can so that if i or their partner has questions for them about plants they can be answered .

you can ask a few who have traded with us before we are looking for health plants to add to our gardens & I Must remind some that there are some PERENNIAL'S as you all know do not like to be uprooted when they have not bloomed so yes they will or may WiLT & look very dead but keep in mind that as long as it is planted watered & left alone it will come back the next year , as long as you get it in the ground & watered.

I Think one report i got when i held these swaps was that a gal sent 1/2 her garden dirt in her box to her partner for the plants were not washed off , & Not wraped & nothing marked as to the name of what she sent. the receiver was not happy with the gals dirt or plants for they were also small .

i do not want anyone to be disappointed . as you all know with the cost of postage & plant it is very expensive by time you pay $7-$14.Per plant then $15, postage that is allot. this way you are paying just for the postage to share your plants so to get GREAT PLants You need to send Great plants .

Not sure how the rest of you feel but i would be willing to pay $15-$20. for postage to send great plants as Long as I know i will also be RECEIVING GREAT PLANTS.
& I Hope others feel the same way.

well off to get my day started here ya all have a great day & welcome . to all . let us know what might help us make this more interested for others :)

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I would love to join, but probably not every month.
i go with mittsy to plant cycle meeting which are great amd i always bring home bunches of plants that i'd love to share here.
I love making hydrangea cuttings, and i'm sure my buddies will be getting a lot of them! :)
And if you can pack a box like me, you can get a TON of plants in a medium flat rate box. ;)
Question!!!!???
A lot of times i plant cuttings and divisions, these are planted in new potting medium, these are generally new starts, is it safe to wash them before mailing them? New to this.

Hi Kelly Welcome ROOTED Cuttings In clean soil is fine to send in the soil . the trade I was talking about was a new Gardener whom just dug up the plant left roots muddy & laid the plants in the box with no wrap around each plant at all.

Please root extra I would love to try some :))) I'm on my laptop so will add your name to the top list when i get back out to my other computer.
off to start super back later
susie

Elk Horn, KY

Would love to join in on a few months swap. Probably not all though. April & May . For now. Might end up joining them all. Lol!
My have list..
heuchera rubyy bells
coneflower powwow wild berry
coneflower white swan
Coneflower bravado
dianthis super parfait raspberry
anchusa blue angel
agastache astello indigo
Scabiosa ritz rose & ritz blue
theres lots more, but all i can think of
My want list
Coneflowers other then white or purple
other heuchera
ferns
cimifuga
pretty much anything!

welcome Christine Have missed you I Remember a few of you in a couple swaps or trades :) Good to see you :)

OH BOY Do I See many Plants I Would love to Have :)))) can hardly wait to start Sharing :)
Also I Need to go into my trade to remove a few for i traded away & Some did not make it but if you see something in my HAVES You Are welcome to ask .

& also If you want to trade with More then one Memeber in our group you are welcome to do so but I Would like to try to Keep track so that I Do not put you with that person In Another MONTH Dose that sound right ???Been a long day super is over & It is my time now to play in the dirt or sit back & relax right now it is my coffee break then off to plant a few seeds .

I just got my seed order from seedman co I ordered
cosmo " HAPPY Ring
True Irish shamrock--trifolium repens minor
golden goddess---bidens ferrulifolia
snowbird--nolana paradoxa
citronella--mina lobata
aphrodite red---alyssum
green mist --ammi visnaga

Hope i can get them to grow :)

also just wanted to mention I Do Not Mean to sound rude or Mean in anyway but if anyone has had More then
3 NEG FEED BACK They will Not be able to JOIN UNLESS They send Their Box 1st & It checks out ok .
I'm Sorry I Do not like to turn anyone away Nor to I Like to Judge anyone , But I Do Check Just so I can make this a fun &
Safe trade for everyone .
well off to check my other forums
susie

Evening everyone.

USPS has a new Size C Regional Flat Rate Box that looks comparable to a #7 Priority box. I ordered a pack of the C's last night, will wait til they arrive and compare one side by side with #7, Med & Lg Flat Rate as well. I would not use Regional Size A or B for this swap as they are too small. The reason I brought up Regional boxes is it's more economical to use if you end up mailing to someone who lives close to you than using a Med or Lg Flat rate. You probably already know, but if your post office doesn't carry a good selection of boxes, like our little rural one doesn't, you can order them at www.usps.com. They're absolutely free, no charge for the boxes or postage from the distribution center to you.

SuperThrive is the product I use to revive perennials that arrive a little limp, and perhaps haven't decided where to plant them right away. They perk up in a day or two, depending on the plant. There are other vitamin-laden products, although SuperThrive is the only one I've been able to find locally.

I've always tried to send divisions of mature perennials that I would be happy in turn to receive. Those of you who have traded and swapped with me before know they're packed and wrapped and stuffed very well, and they are labeled.

Edited to say it's good to see new faces!

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 7:19 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

deejay ... you will like Ammi visagna and yes they are easy to grow and ocassionally will reseed. Mine got beaten up by the hail last year so were very short, only in the 6-8" range instead of the 2-3ft.

Pix is Adenophora l. Ladybells (related to campanulas)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

TY Kathy I Hope I can get them to grow I Need easy :)))) Got to share stopped to get gas today Bought a $2. lotto ticket just scratched it off & its a $50. winner way cool guess i can go get more seedling starter mix tomorrow & get more of my seeds started . :) HEHE.
well it is time for me to lay back 6am comes to soon :))
susie

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I would like to join, if I may. I would be interested in participating in April.
Alana

I KNEW YOU WAS WATCHING US ALANA ;) I JUST HAD THAT FEELING SO COOL.
looks as we are recruiting some really great members .

APRIL MAY & JUNE ARE USUALLY THE BEST MONTHS TO TRADE FOR IT ISN'T SO HOT & OUR PLANTS ARE JUST WAKING UP
& MUCH EASIER TO DIG UP & SHARE .

TODAY IS OUR LAST SUNNY DAY FOR AWHILE SO I HOPW TO ENJOY IT;) I CAN HANDLE THE COLD JUST NOT TO COOL ON SNOW FALL :(.

WELL OFF TO PLAY BACK LATER

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for setting this up, Susie!

I don't have naything to offer YET, but I have some hopes, and i'll let you know if any materialize.

If several of the Salvias I started last year come back from roots or re-seeding, I'll ask to join for one month.

Also, if my giant blue Delphinium or that fancy dark red lily decide to spread, I'll be able to divide and offer them..

And I expect some Brunnera (Siberian Bugloss / False Forget-Me-Not) [P 3-7] to establish themselves soon and multiply, but maybe not this year.

I doubt if anyone would want orange Siberian Wallflowers or snapdragons, but I expect to have those.

I hope people also mention how they pamper bare roots plants when they trabnsplant them: I have a bad track record of planting things in the Fall, and never seeing them come back up.

Just checking in again before shutting down for the night, and had to give a big wave Hello to you Alana and Rick.

New title for Susie: Mindreader.
I expect to participate in April, perhaps May, and again in September. June through August has proven to be just too hot for my comfort and the comfort of the plants.
Have a great day, folks.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Count me in! Does bulbs and tubers count?

WOW We have Rick & Anita Oh So cool & Welcome can you believe we have 13 all ready for the MONTH Of Arpril :)))

Anita in Pass Plant swap that we have done Bulbs are ok to share but we didn't count them as a rooted plant .
but you can share if you have extra .

Lets all make a small list of maybe 6 type of plants for the april swap Then if we get any of those plants we can cross off or if you want more leave for the next month you play.
I Can put your list of 6 plant up top so others can see then & No ONE Has to hunt for them :)

well i have been planting My daisy's & Dahlias we up that I Had Planted last friday so today I repotted them .
also planted some Kale & Weather Grass today so will see how long it takes them to pop up :)

anyone here have the Poor man's weather Grass ?? or have tried it yet ??

Where do we post? Are we posting haves or wants?

Have: old fashioned daylily, shasta daisy, fountain grass, pink knockout roses

Wants: Ferns, Bleeding Hearts, Coral bells (bright colors), dahlia, elephant ear, hardy geraniums, hydrandea, dbl peony

No - nos: vines, trees, pink plants

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 8:34 PM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> WOW We have Rick & Anita Oh So cool & Welcome can you believe we have 13 all ready for the MONTH Of Arpril :)))

Sorry, I was saying that WHEN and if some things I have multiply enough to share, THEN I'll join for a month. Right now I don't have anything to share except cold mud and a few common but NO ID bulbs.

I'm wishing you all well, and hoping I have something to offer later this year.

Corey

Susie,,May I join up for this too???

I am working on getting all my plants from the old house and will be able to share all my extras here. I am going to start a new garden here at the new place. Right now I just have some sedums, lots of hostas and a few other things.

I will be moving all my plants you all sent me last year up here too as they show up from winter dormancy. Will get a list made up as I can find out what survived a summer of neglect. I do know that all my Cannas made it and posible my ee's. I will also be able to share more of my lotus plant this year. I will have lots of Asiatic Lilies too, and hopefully my irises and daylilies.

Elfie aka
Kris

Welcome Kriss I Didn't Know you had Moved hope you can get your other plants not easy starting over :( .

Rick you can Join any month you want . As of yet Many of us do not have anything to trade till APRIL & MAY many of them will be waking up about then :).

I Also wanted to mention That if your planting annual or perennial seeds & have seedlings to share you may do so but are not counted as the 5 Rooted plants. we are not sending any Gardening gifts in these boxes , UNLESS You Want to Share Gloves , Spade, Planter.
ECT BUT That Is UP To You.

OK NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ALL .

Are there any of you who would Take a Box of garden Items or Handmade store bought or other Items from NEW MEMBERS Who would like to add to there GARDENS But have No Plants to Share ???
This way they can Join Us . But we can NEW MEMBER Next to there Name Anyone willing to do this let me know , I Would be will to do a couple that way .

well off to put super on & I will be back soon .

I would do that for a new member. If we send doubles would that count? I have a ton if daylilies and Shastas to divide and just a couple of the fountain grass.

Elk Horn, KY

Want.....
clematis
ligularia
rose
cimifuga
coneflower other then purple or white
Zebra grass or maiden grass

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Who are the new gardeners here?I might have some goodies to share for postage, seperate from the trade. Could do a few. I can think of a bunch of things that need dividing to help them get a start on their gardens.

Pix: verbascum phoenicium, mix
Pix: hesperis matronalis, v. f.
Pix: centaurea montana Amethyst in Snow
Pix" salvia nemerosa
Pix: linum perenne Flax

The above are plants that I have plenty of to share.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

I am always happy to get these:
Cannas
Dahlias
Iris, all but one species
Daylilies
Hibiscus (no syriacus)
Lilies, any kind
Surprises

I battle to control Yucca's and Iris pseudacoris and would not want to receive any more of those.

This message was edited Feb 20, 2012 1:15 PM

This message was edited Mar 12, 2012 6:21 AM

kathy I would love to be your newbee friend those are beauty ful :)

i'm with you alana I Have more then enough yuccas & Iris pseudacoris so anyone wanting some just say so i will put you on my list for them when we trade with each other :) .

well off to take care of my plants then i have to come sit with daddy today so you all have a great day will try to get back here soon.
please check top to make sure i have your list correct.

susie

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Dee....I would love to trade for some of your iris.. I checked on them in the plant files and it sounds like if you keep them away from ponds they aren't such ramblers. I don't have a pond within a quarter mile and is on the other side of the road, lol.. So I am definately interested. Let me know.

Pix is centaurea montana Amethyst in Snow

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

kathy is that Amethyst in Snow blue & or white as it looks ??? i have oe that is BLUE but to try to share the plant i have to get out my HATCHET it is like Elephant Grass to get out there is no way i can dig it out.
but i love it . i Just wish it wasn't so hard to split it .

as for the Iris pseudacoris it is not near any water either i Have been updating my want list today while sitting here with daddy . so forgive the wishes but it is better then to list them all here .

you can look up the type of plants you want & if you go to the bottom of page click on add to wish list or want list.
it is that easy . then we can see what your talking about . & know if we have it to share with you.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

deejay...center is blue and the rest is a glistening white. Blooms all summer for me when deadheaded. I have the blue variety, and am still looking for the pink one. I have many other centaureas too, check out my have list. Ya I know, I also need to update my haves and want pages, been working on that a bit also.

I used to have dealbata also but just didn't like getting transplanted that year, was full grown and I guess I didn't divide it down enough.

What happened to the part of the post you had up for newbies? That's what my above post was in reference, lol. So you wanna make sure that one of the months we do a trade,LOL. You got alot of pretty iris or even the iris p..?

Pix is centaurea montana
Pix is centaurea phygria
Pix is centaurea phygria
Pix is centaurea macrocephala

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

As for plants for newbies I was just asking in case someone ask to JOIN That don't have anything to share this way we can help them out also . I Have loads of plants I can share . what I will do is put plants for postage next to our name but they have to fit into a flate rate box for them or they can dmail us .

anyway yes i have the blue one would like the white onne & maybe the yellow one if they are not invassive are they ??? do they reseed??

has anyone seen the new 'ACROCONA PUSCH DWARF NORWAY SPRUCE "? I saw it in one of my new Perennial books fall in love
with it . if any of you have it growing wild around you i would love a start of it .

well off to start super back later

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.