CLOSED: Sock, Sniff and Sip swap ***NEARING THE END****

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hello everyone. We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1238685/#new

*****NEARING THE END..........REVEAL PAGE!***** This is page 2 where we will reveal our secret swap partner and show the wonderful goodies that she has sent to us. Please have your camera's located and charged :-) so that you can post pictures of your goodies as soon as you are able. Boxes should start landing very soon so be watching for the mailman!******

This is a person to person secret swap, with each person given a buddy to send to.

The SOCK could be anything from warm fuzzy socks to wind socks. Any type of sock would work

The SNIFF could be anything scented such as candles, bath items, good smelling food, etc.

The SIP could be any type of beverage to sip such as coffees, teas, hot chocolate, wine (hmmm), etc. (Please be sure if you send something liquid, that is is packed well in bubble wrap, so it does not break!) You could also include something for your buddy to sip their beverages 'from'.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges) Please include your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post for the socks.The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. You are not required to include every item on someones list, this is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 15, 2012.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

This has been a GREAT SWAP and I am so proud of all the swap senders! We still have a couple more, so watch for your boxes!

Participants>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like/Dislike link is posted next to the names for your convenience

Crit/Patti - Hostess - December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8946898 & January 2, 2012, 12:49 PM,
Post #8951445 Received from deejay9/Susie

monkeymomr/Robyn - December 28, 2011, 04:00 PM, Post #8945601Received from joeswife/Debra

taters55/Linda Kay - December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM, Post #8929881 & January 2, 2012, 06:56 AM, Post #8951034
Received from jab91864

rvnsbrk/Neener - December 16, 2011, 05:54 PM, Post #8932477 Received from lizrainey/Liz

joeswife/Debra - December 26, 2011, 10:16 PM, Post #8943769 & December 27, 2011, 09:59 PM,
Post #8944989 Received from Cville_Gardener/Carole

Robynznest/Robin - December 15, 2011, 03:36 PM, Post #8930890 & December 16, 2011, 03:29 PM, Post #8932293 & January 4, 2012, 12:28 PM, Post #8954281 & January 12, 2012, 08:53 PM,
Received from Outlaw81/Kelly

deejay/Sue - December 15, 2011, 06:00 PM, Post #8931068 & January 12, 2012, 07:57 PM, Post #8965393
Received from Michelle

Fruit of the Vine/Susan - December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM, Post #8938814 & January 2, 2012, 9:33 PM,
Post #8952217 Received from Robynznest/Robin

Cville_Gardener/Carole - December 16, 2011, 02:12 PM, Post #8932167 Received from goldhillal/Crystal

GardenQuail/Michelle - December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM, Post #8932757 RECEIVED FROM TATER55/LK

jab91864/Julie December 17, 2011, 11:50 AM, Post #8933159 Received from Crit/Patti

Tina_A/ December 19, 2011, 03:42 AM, Post #8935117 Received from rvnsbrk/Neener

synda/Synda - December 27, 2011, 12:10 AM, Post #8943825 Received from rouxcrew/Joy

goldhillal/Crystal - December 29, 2011, 07:15 AM, Post #8946314 & January 3, 2012, 09:01 AM,
Post #8952577 Received from FOTV

OutlawHeart81/Kelly - January 8, 2012, 01:40 PM, Post #8959285, January 12, 2012, 05:32 PM,
Post #8965208 (shoe size 5/6 or boys 4) & January 12, 2012, 10:35 PM, Post #8965560
Received from Synda

BirdieBlue/Sheri - Received from FOTV/Susie

rouxcrew/Joy - December 16, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8932422 & January 2, 2012, 06:26 PM, Post #8951943 &
January 12, 2012, 05:10 PM, Post #8965188 (shoe size 8)

lizrainey/ - December 15, 2011, 10:15 PM, Post #8931367 & January 3, 2012, 06:40 AM,Post #8952459 &
January 12, 2012, 08:54 PM, Post #8965470

happgarden/Joyce - January 2, 2012, 12:56 PM, Post #8951453

Thumbnail by Crit

Here is another one I just thought of while typing another post.

Barking up the wrong tree.

Or .... that dog won't hunt. Meaning that isn't a good idea.

I was reading a post or article or something to do with gardening yesterday, where the writer referred to the sink as zinc. I thought that was really odd.

I say sammich instead of sandwich, just being silly. I didn't know other people really said it that way. lol

I love reading all of these sayings and things. How fun!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

cool. here's one I use a lot. when someone asks me how I'm doing today, I reply "I'm right as rain, it's the rest of the world that crazy"

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

My Granny from Tennessee used to say go warsh yer hands in the zinc, and she also said go get the frashlight to help you see outside.

How about this one? Do you ever say "I'll be out of pocket this afternoon"? This means you will be unavailable in the afternoon.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Reply to "How are you?" "Fair to middlin' "

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Patti, thanks for the new page :)
Michelle

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

In July... "Are you going to the 4th, or is the 4th coming to you?"
Going to the 4th meant you'd be on vacation. Coming to you meant you'd be home.

I liked your Granny's sayings, LK.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Guess that shoe is fittin kinda tight... eh?
what my grandma used to say when I got mad cuz she was right and I knew it...

great swap and chat.. supposed to get rain here tonight.. what ever happened to winter is beyond me..

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

OMG, monkeymomr sent me the bestest box and it was packed to the topped and past...rofl.
I just got home from a meeting and tore into it.
I have taken th pics but will need some time to fix them.
You did a great job everything was all wrapped and it is just chocked full. I will post the pics in a moment but wanted to let you know I got it....
Way cool! All my favorite things!

1st picture:
lots of tea - this will be great this weekend when it snows
Baby bath for night-time, I am so itchy that will be wonderful, winter is so hard on my skin
Decadent hot chocolate mix - which the name alone sounds wonderful
Oh my cow, is on top of the chocolate, I will post a better pic of her, Robyn painted it and she is just too cute. Wait til you see her up close.
Bath ball fizzes, how fun
Lemon straws those sound wonderful and I bet they just melt in my mouth
Peanut butter cups..wow
See that pink heart? It smells wonderful and is so pretty
Next to it is Don Gustavo - which look like chocolate blocks and smell amazing, Robyn you will have to help me with those, because the box is in Spanish
Then there is another yellow glycerine soap with love birds in it, next is red soap with a rose, then a beautiful blue/green with a shell, then a beautiful square of pink soap. Can't wait to use them
M & M's love these size I can keep track of how many I eat...rofl guess that is good and bad...rofl.
Then bags of seeds with the neatest labels on them, chives, pink bachelor buttons, Chinese houses, hosta "Big Daddy", purple bachelor buttons, and sweet sultan.
Now you would think that is it, but wait there is more!

Thumbnail by happgarden

Look at these socks and the hair twister towel, too cool! They are wonderful and I love the colors! So fun and soft!
Wait there is MORE!

This message was edited Feb 2, 2012 8:40 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden

Next is the prettiest wind chime, altho Robyn knows it is windy here she said they would be good for a little bit, wellll, they are going in my garden room way too pretty for the elements. Reminds me of the dream catcher that my nephew made for me.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2012 8:49 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden

Ok, you all will love the cow, she is just a cutie. I need a name for her........hummmm
You did amazing for your first swap, and since you have been sick and a DGS in the hospital I don't know how you did it, it is a perfect box for me. I am overwhelmed at the effort you put into it. Dang you can't tell in the picture but she has a trowel in her other hand.

Thank you so very much.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2012 8:50 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I got the neatest box from Tina today! I am leaving at 4 in the morning for a sheepdog trial in MS so I ran to the PO right at closing in case something was perishable. I tell you, she packs a mean box.
First I got four pairs of fuzzy socks! All colors so I can be a fashionista. A wonderful lime candle that smells great. A box of rose soaps and a floating rose for the bath that lights up as it floats around the tub.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Next we have the sipping part. She sent me bunches of teas. Coconut chocolate, chocolate ginger, and one of the flower teas that open in the pot. Cool, and I have the little glass pot just for that. Also some peppermint, Earl Grey (my fav), and apple pie tea. There is also a great mug that says "I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter."

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

My last group is the bestest. It is the chocolate group. I got chocolate covered raisins and almonds, an emergency bar of chocolate, and a chocolate calculator! I also have chocolate flavored lip gloss, lotion and and hand cream.

If I have left something out I apologize, I am dead tired and need to be in bed for that 8 hour drive tomorrow. All the chocolate is going with me! And at least one pair of socks and some tea.

Thanks again Tina, it was awesome!!!!!

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

goodness! loverly boxes, lots of cool stuff!
Tina and Robyn, great job.
Robyn, I didn't know you had been ill... hope you are feeling better and that your DGS is doing okay too..

Wow, look at all the goodies in those boxes! Love the sound of all those chocolates, tea's and drinks!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Lotsa very cool boxes love the PiGGY So cute but then I'm such a critter lover :)

All I can say is WOWZER. Robyn and Tina, you guys did awesome for your first swap!!!!!!!!!!! You are 'old pros' at it now!!!!!

happ, how about Daisey for your little cow? Or Pansy? I love the little purple flowers all around her! (course, I love anything purple!) She is so cute, she needs an upbeat name.
I agree, your box HAD to of been packed chock full! I can't believe she got all that stuff in your box! The wind chime is gorgeous!!! I love the dream catcher and feathers. I agree, I would keep that inside too. ( I have a couple of delicate wind chimes that I hung in my bathroom.) Love the bath fizzies. lol All the chocolate and teas ..... you must be in hog heaven!! Congrats on a great box happ, and to you too Robyn for packing it!!!

Joy.... first off I want to say "GOOD LUCK" (or should I say 'break a leg'?) at the sheepdog trials today! Hope the weather is nice in MS, it is rainy here today. YEA!
Love the Hershey's collection! Never seen anything like that. A chocolate calculator??? LOL Too cool group. Great rose things! You will be set for your baths for a while now. Lime candle, hmmmmm. Never seen one of those. You will be cozy comfy with your great socks and yummy teas. I can just see you curled up with your robe and socks on, sipping some tea after a warm bath with your rose goodies. ^_^ I LOVE the coffee mug!!!!! I have a magnent on the 'fridge that says that. lol

Well, that is the last of the boxes and what boxes they were!!!! I am so glad everyone got such great goodies! and am so pleased everyone had a good time! I always enjoy seeing what everyone else got too. I will leave the thread open for a couple of days so we can continue to chat. Even after it is 'CLOSED', you can still post and chat for as long as you like.

THANKS to all the participants for making this swap a success. It couldn't of happened without all of you. I hope you will join again next year.

Patti

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 8:45 AM

Thumbnail by Crit
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much Patti, I've had a wonderful time.

uuummmmmmmmm! chocolate.

Save the planet, it's the only one with chocolate.

Thanks for the great swap Patti!

TY PATTI FOR +BEING ON TOP OF US ALL :)) YOU cAN PUT YOUR NAME ON THE PRO LIST IT HELPS TO GIVE SOME OF US OLD TIMERS A CHANCE TO SIT BACK & GUIDE YOU NEWBIES TO TAKE CHACES :)))
YA DONE WELL.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad you like your box. The ladies at the my post office are so nice. They looked at the box and decided it didn't look fat at all. LOL. I had so much fun with this. We are all feeling better here, thank you all for asking. I'm going to watch the threads on the other swaps even though I'm not participating. It's just so fun to read the reveals. Have a great day everyone.

Waving to ya'll! Fabulous job Robyn and Tina. Glad you're feeling better, Robyn. I can personally attest our Tina packs a mean box.

Which dog(s) are you running, Joy?

I have never seen Hershey's lotion in a bottle like that, or the lip gloss or hand cream. Wonder if they cut the calories out? lol

What about Petunia, the pig, happ? Before I clicked on your socks pic, it looked like they were hanging on a clothes line.

Settled down in poplar ills, MS. Had a lesson with my mentor today and Jam looks ok. I will be running him for the first time in Nursery and I truly don't expect him to do well but he is here for the experience. Next year will be his true Nursery year but all the exposure will do him good.
I will also be running Lite in Open, her first outing in a year. Can you believe I haven't broken into the chocolate yet? We will be noshing at the trial tomorrow.

Thanks so much for hosting Crit!, can't wait till next year.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm glad that you like everything. I got most of the chocolate stuff at Cracker Barrel. I'm taking accounting this semester and my class loves my chocolate calculator.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Hey, what cool boxes! All kinds of neat surprises :)
Joy, I wish your dogs the best with their trials! And, enjoy the chocolate :)
Thanks again for the swap, Patti. Turns out it was perfect timing for me to be able to participate.
I'll post the pics of my box soon as I can. Keep reminding him, but haven't gotten them yet... sigh...
Michelle

OOOOPS!!!!!! My bad. Seems there is one more box to be received. Will anxiously await delivery of that!!!!!!

monkeymomr got my sox on, had some hot tea and oatmeal for breakfast. It is cold and rainy and dark here, but my feet are warm and so is my belly thanks to you...rofl. That box was so full and bulging..rofl. You have good tape...rofl.

I love the name Pansy for my Cow, perfect!

You are so welcome. With all my kids being grown I don't really shop for anyone anymore, they would rather have gift cards. Shopping for someone else is a blast. I can't wait until next year. Already eyeing stuff.

^_^

We don't have kids, Robyn, but often give my MIL gift cards, or pay a bill for her, or give her a 'book' of stamps since she pays her bills the old-fashioned way. She's always very appreciative. It's also fun to receive a box a goodies someone picked especially for you.

I heard from BirdieBlue/Sheri. She is in the hospital with MRSA and is hoping she doesn't have to go into ICU. She has been sick off and on since December. She believes she got the MRSA from a bug bite but doesn't know for sure. Please keep her in your prayers. If you get a chance, you might drop her a get well soon dmail. I'm sure it would make her smile.

Patti

MRSA Not Fun I Had it about 4-5 yrs ago & My Niece Just spent OCT 30 th NOV 26 th In The Hospital with it then she went home with a Nurse who came in daily to give her the IV Drip lasted 4Hrs a day. That went on right up till Xmas Week . She is finely back to work.

get well soon sheri

oh no! Poor Sheri! Prayers for a speedy recovery..

That's awful. I hope she gets better very soon.

We're all here for you, Sheri. You take care and hope you're feeling better real soon.

I am going to go ahead and mark this swap as closed. When and if Sheri is able to send her box to fruity, fruity will post pics of it then. In the meantime, if you want to continue to chat here, feel free!!!!

Once again ....... Thanks for a terrific swap. So much fun and such good participants. You made it easy on me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.