Pet Clothes Patterns

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Back in October, I rescued a puppy from the doggy jail....a 2 year old Peek-a-Poo . . we named her Zoie Star.

I had bought her a new dress to come home in, but surprise to me, she LOVES being dressed!!! So I have been busy
making a few dresses using 'home made' patterns. . some good, some goes straight to the trash *LOL

She loves to go shopping but she can't wear the same dresses over and over.

I would love it if anyone has patterns to share or give or trade. Looking for MEDIUM patterns.

Thanks bunches,
Tiffanie & Zoie Star

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 9:19 AM

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Your doggie is an absolute doll!
Have you tried looking for dresses on Ebay? And sometimes walmart or kmart will put dresses on clearance at the end of summer. I think Target carries dog clothes too. Petsmart, but they are $$. I don't sew dog clothes for mine, so sorry I can't help there...

you might try advertising on Craigs List, that you are looking for some.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 10:21 AM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

This message was edited Sep 29, 2012 1:43 AM

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I do have some store bought outfits, but I like to make my own cause they really do tend to get expensive!!! I have material, just wanting some new patterns.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

AWE!!! You are such a good Mommy and Zoe is a doll and one lucky little girl :) We have a Maltese son and while I can't put dresses on him (pout) he likes clothes too to keep him warm...especially when he has to go outside and do his thing. If you can find out what size she is in baby clothes, then you can look at baby girl patterns and alter them if needed to fit Zoe.

Connie

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

have thought about the baby clothes . . might go by goodwill and grab a dress to tinker with....

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Tiffany, Zoie Star is just beautiful and obviously has a good home now. We have a 6-year old male Yorkie. I can't sew a lick, but have knitted lots of sweaters and vests for him. Pet clothes can be so expensive bought off the racks.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Expensive can be an understatement especially for the truely spoiled ones!!! *LOL*

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

OMG - How adorable. I love the outfit. I used to make fun of people who had pictures of their pets on their walls but that was before we had children. We always had dogs. Now we have pictures of our dogs everywhere. The kids tease us because we have more pics of the dogs than the kids! We have two street urchins - Austin & Queenie. Queenie is a bischon poodle mix and has a nice wardrobe but nothing as fancy as your dog. I guess we better step it up a notch.

Thumbnail by roserairie Thumbnail by roserairie
mulege, Mexico

Zoe is adorable. I, too, would suggest checking out patterns for baby cloths since you already have fabric. The Men in Black II director said that the dog who played Frank and who wore "men in black" clothes in one scene loved to be dressed up. The dogs is my favorite part of the movie, especially when he's singing. kb

mulege, Mexico

You can buy clothes for dogs at www.dharmatrading.com. Can be used for ideas. kb

mulege, Mexico

At hamiltonbooks.com there are two books on making clothes for dogs. One is "Bow Wow Wow" and the other is "Dress Your Dog." Both are deeply discounted. kbb

mulege, Mexico

Today I found a site at esty that sells patterns for crocheted hats for dogs.

Will this never end?

katie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.