(PaulFrom AL) Paul Daniels

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Paul Daniels, known to us as PaulFromAL joined us on May 5, 2008. He was such a great storyteller and folks across many forums loved to see his posts. He was active in the Mid-South Forum, Coneflowers, Roses, Parking Lot and many other areas of the community.

He loved to post pictures of his gardens and they were a showcase. Many of us envied how neat and beautiful they were. He also enjoyed feeding the birds and between his lovely gardens and the feeding stations, was able to attract a huge number of species.

Paul was also quick to help the newbies in the 'Beginner' areas, offering advice and suggestions in such a kind manner that you could just about see him smiling as he typed. We'll miss his gentle humor and quick wit.

You can follow this link to his obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/annistonstar/obituary.aspx?n=paul-william-daniels&pid=155661403

Thumbnail by melody
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Although I didn't 'know' him, my condolences to the family.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I felt like we were good neighbors. Followed his postings on DG and his website and on to Facebook. It was joy and a wonder to read his essays. He touched my heart in many ways. He will be missed.

Christi

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Gosh...just found this......he had such great stories. I will miss him and his humor.

so sorry I'm seeing this for the first time. I enjoyed his wit and humor so hmuch. He had so many wonderful stories to share. I believe God gives us a gift and trains us so we'll be prepared for the next journey in our lives.
I'll continue to pray for his family.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Crossville, TN

I am so sorry to hear of Paul's passing. He will be missed here. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Jo

Dahlonega, GA

Just found this . He came back for a short while and I encouraged him to write more, then he disappeared .
So sorry this had to be .I miss him

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sad to know there will not be new stories from such a great storyteller as Paul. You will be missed our gardening friend. Hope the link to those stories is reposted here for others to read in the future.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Linda Hux Daniels is on Facebook and has posted a lot about Paul. Last Saturday there was a celebration of life in his garden for their many, many friends. Paul was a one of kind.....and one of the very best. Only 63 when his fight with cancer came to an end.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That sounds like a perfect tribute to him.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.