Introductions!!!

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi....as you can guess my name is Chris :-) I'm new to this forum so thought I might introduce myself and am hoping you all will tell me a little about yourselves!

I live in Wisconsin with my husband, dog, 2 cats, 4 chickens and a lot of fish! I started taking pottery classes about 9 years ago and love it! I have a full time job so pottery making is more of a hobby for me at this point (I dream of retiring and making pottery full time)

I have a small studio set up in my basement which has pretty much all I need to make pottery at home (wheel, extruder, slab roller, kiln and a slew of tools and glazes!) but continue to take classes cause I work from home and it gets me out of the house!

So far I love making all sorts of things handbuilt and on the wheel. I mostly use white stoneware with cone 6 glazes but also enjoy majolica (low fired, terra cotta clay) and porcelian.

My family is kind of getting bored with my stuff so it's now accumulating and I'm considering starting to sell it but can't decide on pricing or how to deal with the taxman (my husband says I worry too much!).

About the Picture: This is a bunch of greenware I've made, need to make more before I can bisque fire as I've committed to filling the kiln this time! Alot of this is buff stoneware, a new clay I decided to try :-) (seriously I can never stick to one thing!)

Anyway, that's me...I look foward to meeting you all and sharing pottery making tips!

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!