An Afternoon at the Huntington

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Decided to let all the work wait for a day and Lynda and I spent the afternoon at the Huntington. Here are the pics from the conservatory

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

#5 not a very good shot, but wondering what it is

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thumbnail by ted5310
Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Glad you mentioned this thread in the January post. I get stuck on the monthly orchid thread, and never think to look at anything else. Great pictures! Too funny about the genetics post - I think I took an aspirin after that, too!

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Great shots, Ted! The unknown white flower reminds me of some type of Lonerica. Is nothing tagged there? I haven't been there since I was a kid.

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanx, It's surprising. Most of the plants outside, and we are talking a large outside -120 acres- are marked with plaques. Sometimes you have to look to find one that is marked because if a number of same plants are in the same area, only one is labeled. But when it comes to the conservatory, almost nothing is marked. And then when you look at the orchids, nothing is marked. Well, virtually nothing. Sometimes there is a plastic plant label that's too worn to be able to read much or will just have a number on it. Or too far away to read. Very disappointing. But who knows, someone here may recognized one of them.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

What a shame! They are all pretty though! Probably just as well. If I don't know the names, I can't add them to my want list. LOL! Thanks for the pictures!

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

A delightful tour...made my day.

Jim

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, thanks, Ted. #5 is not looking like an orchid though. As for the idents., we have the same problem at our botanical garden. It's frustrating when you see something you might like to track down.

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Your probably right about #5, but the full plant, #8 was too good looking to pass up. LOL

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I must have missed #8. I agree with Carol. That def. looks like a Lonicera (honeysuckle).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.