Your opinion on a floor plan, location of garage

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

What would you think of coming in from a garage into the master bedroom/bath?
I think this would be handy because when my husband came home from work covered in grease, which he does everyday, he could undress and go straight to the bathroom without having to go through any other part of the house. Great for my dirty garden projects too, come in use the bathroom or clean up without going through the house and be more private.
On the other hand for the kids or unloading groceries it wouldn't be as handy, and would have to use the front door, going outside, even though the front door is close to the garage.
What do you think? I am concerned of course how this would affect resale. Most of the floor plans I've looked at, have the garage coming in to a utility room (washer/dryer area) but then if you undress there, you have to walk through the house.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!