Using a rural mailbox for garden tool storage

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

I have a rural mailbox that the previous owner left that I'd love to convert for small garden tool storage. Relocating that mailbox would save me a lot of walking from backyard around the side of the house to garage every time I needed my garden trowel, my gardening gloves, bug spray, wipes,etc. I'd like to make it decorative..maybe by using stencils to creative a design. Having never used stencils before, it looks pretty simple if I get the stencil brush/brushes and follow instructions. Would I need to spray the box after I stencil it with some type of sealer? I guess it would be good to prime it first with a paint used for metal?

If anybody has done this project before and has pictures of your finished project, would you post them here so I and others can view them? Thanks!

This thread has 71 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!