Rare, antique and unusual Phlox paniculata

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Hi all,

I hope this is appropriate to post this here, but I wanted to call attention to a nursery that specializes in rare cultivars of Phlox paniculata that are available no where else. It is called Perennial Pleasures, located in Vermont, and they are offering 75 cultivars on their website this season! Have any of you ever even imagined 75 different phlox in one place? I have a dozen or so types on order from them for this spring. I have no affiliation other than being a happy customer, but I wanted to point them out in case anyone else here is a phlox fan. Their website is http://perennialpleasures.net/

I am especially excited about a found type called "Old Cellarhole" which is described by the owner of this nursery as being the most fragrant phlox of all!

Dreaming of spring,
Ispahan

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for providing the link. Very interesting nursery. I've bookmarked it for future ordering!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have it saved as well

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I am happy to hear that both of you liked the link for Perennial Pleasures. Phlox are such a glorious and under appreciated flower!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am adding many to my garden this spring to carry blooms into fall.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info. Just beautiful!!!!! There's one I looked at 50-60", oh how I love tall plants, lol. Kathy

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Warriorwisdome ! which one was 50-60 inches?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Russian Violet phlox 50-60", wouldn't that be just amazing? I just happened to look at a few that really spoke to me, lol.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Ohhh boy that are beautiful

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful, Kathy...as usual.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Lol, thanks pirl, thats in the upper part of the garden (4 or 5 years old). Sure hope the deer look the other way this year. Some of my new columbine didn't get a chance to bloom last year as those four legged critters kept lopping them off everytime they got ready to bloom. They are the "Sweet Rainbow Series", and 'spose to be fragrant. Atleast the main plants got a chance to really fill out being prunned that much. Sure wish my lilies would multiply that fast when the d--r nibble at them. And thanks ge.

Pix is dianthus, sorry can't remember what cultivar, grown from seed and transplanted in the border last year. (not the best photo but still an unusual)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.