Big Red Wagon

Highland, UT(Zone 5a)

Does anyone here have this daylily? If you do, is it really as good as advertised? I REALLY want to get it, but it is just much too expensive right now, but if it really that good--maybe I could figure something out.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

My experience with daylilies that cost more than I can really afford.... well, some of my favorites or cheapies I paid $5 for, they perform just as well and for the money I have been disappointed in the costlier ones. I like to wait until a daylily has been around a while to see what others think and if the price drops. My idea is that a daylily that stays pricey for several years is probably not a prolific increaser. You have to make sure also that it will perform well in your zone. I have some EV DOR, and some SEV but I prefer the SEV where I am, they perform better for me. ( or should I say, where they are, in MO)

maybe someone else will have some specific info on the one you are interested in.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

dspack.. I have this daylily & it is a great daylily to cross several great daylilies, You can cross it with..
1.Violet becomes you.
2.Crazy Ivan.
3.Shipwreck Cove.
4.The Dark side.
5.Rumble In The jungle.
It does best with any dark eyed daylily, I spent over $5,000
on Daylilies last year & have several more comming this spring.
Roseguy888

Cartersville, GA

Good to know, Roseman. We have it coming in the spring from the Gaskins. We have noticed that Floyd Cove has used BRW a lot in their hybridizing program, and it has made some very beautiful offspring.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Another great daylily to use on the dark eyed Daylilies is Tal Of Gascone. I bought a triple fan of it for $279.00 & another new dark eyed that I just bought is called..IAM BIGTIMER I bought if from Nicole Harry-Devito & I have 2 plants of The Dark Side from 2 venders.

Cartersville, GA

We have Tal Of Gascone coming in early April from Nicole. I must jot down some crosses to try this summer. Thanks for the information.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.