CLOSED: Thumbnail of Sock, Sniff and Sip swap ***REVEAL PAGE 2****

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Robin here is what they are .
PUMPKIN TREE
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/ornamentaleggplant.htm
http://www.amishlandseeds.com/eggplant.htm
they are also in the eggplant family .
They are just fun to grow & Use in arrangements. more like a little bush .

EASTER EGGS is also MINI Eggplants
fun to grow

Been a very long day & I'm Very tired out & Need some rest . will try to get back in later to tell ya about our
day with daddy.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

How many of the cones do you want? They won't weigh much but give me an idea of the size box as in Priority Mail boxes: Small, Medium and Large. I'll get them off to you.

OH, and do you want the opened or unopened ones? Or some of each?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sherri, I don't know about your temps there.. but here it gets up to high forties some mid fifties right now, ground is not frozen, and we are due for rain soon. It has been down into the teens, but was told you can plant bulbs as long as there are more days above freezing than there are below.

hope this helps///

Pacifica, CA

wow great boxes arriving!
mine going out tomorrow

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

great! I'll plant some bulbs.

Crit- med or large will be OK. preferr open c0nes.

thanks

Okie Dokie ...... will get them gathered up for you!

Afternoon everyone just got home a bit ago & Found two boxes for me to open one for daddy but this one is all mine Look what
my buddy Mechelle/GardenQuail has shared with me

SOCKS--there is 3pr Nylon crew socks, 2 pr of SNOOPY Valentines socks ,
SMELL---a Bottle of Suave Mango Mandarin Body Was & A Bottle Of VANILLA Body Butter
SIP -----GHIRARDELLI Hot Cocoa Mix & Organic French Vanilla Ground Coffee

& Look I Have a New Deep COFFEE CUP Love it thank you for a great box I will Enjoy it all .
Have to go start super ya all have a great evening will try to get back later .
TY MECHELLE
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, I love that mug and the socks and everything else, Susie. Grrrreat job, Michelle.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Great box Susie.. I love that mug! According to the tracking number my box should have landed today. Fingers crossed.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

My Goodness, Fruity! You outdid yourself!! Thanks so much for the wonderful box!! Here's what was in my box:

Purple bath sheet (makes me want to go to the beach,it is so big and nice)
Foot massage
Fuzzy soft striped socks
2 Pr. copper ion socks (geez... i need those!)
Vanilla creme wafers (like fancy ice cream places stick in your ice cream-i'm hungry already)
Aladdin insulated coffee cup, purple yet!
Bag Seattle coffee- I like straight coffee, no added flavors-just right for me
Ghirardelli dark raspberry squares- DH and I sampled this first
A hand knitted washcloth-nice. I intend to use it to set hot dishes on the table
Box assorted herbal teas-I already opened and had some
Anna's almond thins-love these!
White fudge covered pretzels-yum
Lindt White coconut bar-Yummy
2 jar candles: Cranberry Mandarin and Island Luau- nice
Puffs plus lotion-for those real sniffs!
Burts Bees set-This is great stuff
Bent and Wiggly puzzles-I had never seen these before, but I like the straight line ones
Birds and blossoms mag- had been thinking about ordering this
And a beautiful card

Wow! Santa came and her name was susan! Thnks so much. Now if I can get this pic to load...

Thumbnail by goldhillal

wow! you guys have had some sweet smelling , boxes stuffed with all kinds of wonderfuls sips and sweets and stuff!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susan, you really stuffed that box! Nice job!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice box, Crystal. Great job, Fruity!

I'm still stuffing myself on those delicious kumquats. Sure beats the little hard sour ones I buy in the grocery. ;-)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Glad you like, C'ville.
I keep some in a dish on the counter and nibble several time/day.

What a rain! Everything around here is floating. Yard is like a swamp. Little over 3 inches last few days.

Oh deejay ..... how exciting for you. A box for daddy and one for you. Such great smelling stuff Michelle sent you. Wish we had scentaDG so we could get of whiff of what everyone gets!

Love the snoopy socks, they remind me of the ones I got! ^_^

I too like BIG mugs and that one is so pretty! You will have to tell us all about that Hot Cocoa. I bet it is heavenly!!!!!

Great job Michelle!!!!!!

What a wonderful box Crystal! Our Ms. Fruitiness has done it again! ^_^ I love raspberry and chocolate. You have to let us know how those are! All your 'purple' stuff makes me jealous ... even a purple coffee mug! How awesome!

Please explain to me what copper ion socks are? Never heard of them.

GREAT box of Socks, Sniffs and Sips! Good job Fruity!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

My box left today, hopefully the post office will be kind and it will arrive gently...lol. Have a great day!!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

My box went out today as well!!!! :) hope it gets there ok. Awesome boxes ladies loooove the sock monkey! Doh! Why didn't i think of that?! ;)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Copper ion socks help keep foot odor down. Have not tried yet, but it sounds like a good idea.
Remember "odor-eaters"?

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

According to the tracking my box has landed, sort of. A notice has been left. Fingers Crossed!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

So glad you're enjoying your goodies, Crystal! You'd mentioned liking lavender scents and Hyacinths, couldn't find either, so I went with a purple theme. I shop sales year-round for swaps or gifts and just added a few fresh goodies like the chocolates and coffee. And I'm glad you're a coffee drinker, just sorta winged it from your list.

Copper ions inhibit the growth of bacterial odor and are supposed to wick moisture away helping to keep feet dry. The ions also don't wash out in the laundry. My husband used to wear a man's brand of these socks when he was working and had to wear steel-toe boots year round. My feet sweat year-round and bought myself a pack of these a while ago. Even in a house with hardly any humidity, my feet feel softer.

I have to say the MB powder is oh so nice... ;D

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I wasn't home today when my box got here. I have to wait until tomorrow for them to bring it back. I stomped my foot and through a tantram. Oh well, I'll live. I finish shopping and packing my buddys box and hope to mail it by the end of the week. Things have been so crazy here. Sorry to my buddy.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Oh, Robyn, how frustrating! Hope you receive your box tomorrow (Wednesday)!
Linda (tatters55), thank you so much for everything! I received my box yesterday (Monday) afternoon, but had to wait for my husband to get home to help me ID some things. Thought I'd post earlier today, but didn't quite happen... Anyway, here's what Linda sent me:
Celestial Seasonings teas: "Peppermint" "Wild Berry Zinger" and "Bengal Spice" (says it's a caffine-free chai).
Hershey's Bliss "White Chocolate Hot Drink Mix".
A bag of Hershey's Reese's, Hershey's Milk Chocolate, and Hershey's Special Dark hearts.
A heart-shaped box of Elmer Chocolate.
Dr. Scholl's Spa Collection Socks (2 pairs of fuzzy socks with rubberized soles; one pair is pastel green and one pair is pastel purple).
Dearfoams slippers (black, each with a bow).
2 packages of tea lights (fresh linen scent).
Cinnamon spice cake candle in a miniature cast iron skillet. 6-inch diameter glass candle holder dish (looks like a plate) to hold pillar candles.
Metal scent stand: the bottom part holds a tea light that heats scented wax melts that you put in the top part.
Plus scented wax melts to go with it: 4-pack of orange, 4-pack of melon, 4-pack of cotton breeze, 3-pack of vanilla, and 3-pack of apple cinnamon.
Hand-crafted ceramic mug (beige color on inside and on bottom-half of outside, and top-half of outside is brown with a scroll-work pattern).
And, a blue travel mug!
My husband still needs to take a picture for me. Hoping he can take one soon so I can post it. Couldn't quite wait... had to try those Hershey's chocolate hearts :) What a yummy snack!
Michelle

This message was edited Jan 24, 2012 10:54 PM

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

OK, now I have posted twice with both disappearing. AARGGH!!!!!! I received a wonderful box with many turquoise goodies from Sharon.
a turquoise bath towel along with a turq & yellow hand knit washcloth,, tin of divine luxury wafers w/ hazelnut creme filling, Lindt Intense Orange filled dark chocolate bar.Anna's delicate Swedish ginger thin cookies, Ghirardelli dark & mint chocolate squares, Bag of Flops white fudge covered pretzels.Lipton iced tea to go (in turquoise box), Turq Aladdin travel mug, great to drink the Seattle's best level 4 coffee (in turq. bag!) + turq. box of Puffs w/ lotion. Also my generous Buddy included two fragrant glass covered candles- one in cranberry-mandarin & 1 is peach-mango.
I am overwhelmed with her fruity generosity & eyes are dripping. The Feb/march issue of Birds and Blooms (now how could she know that my subscription just expired?)! And a word search book + wonderful Burt Bees tips and tows kit. I also received a hot pink pair of soft fuzzy socks w/ rubber dots on soles to prevent slipping and 2 pr of Dr Scholls copper defense ion socks.

I can't tell when I last received a gift or surprise box, and am at a loss for words.

Thank you so very much, Susan for the lovely gifts. Am still under the curse of the bug so many of these things will be especially handy now.

right now I feel very warm & cuddly inside.
Love & hugs to my DG Buddy,
Sheri/ BirdieBlue

Pacifica, CA

wow nice boxes!!!!!

mine should be there today

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Birdie, sounds like you got a nice box of goodies too! Pictures please?
Michelle, hope you enjoy the teas, chocolates and candles?

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Birdie, hope you feel better soon, that box should help! Flops? What a cool name, here we just have "White Chocolate Pretzels". I will need to expand my looking, I am a sucker for cool names.

We are getting drowned here this morning, raining so hard I can't get outside for chores. And under a tornado watch/warning. Evan is getting hail at school, Houston proper has a bunch of power outages and they won't get this storm for a couple hours yet. I am going to get my rain gear on, hope it hasn't dry rotted (VBG), and go check for newborn lambs. Don't need to drown any.

Later,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Birdie, hope you feel better soon, that box should help! Flops? What a cool name, here we just have "White Chocolate Pretzels". I will need to expand my looking, I am a sucker for fun names.

We are getting drowned here this morning, raining so hard I can't get outside for chores. And under a tornado watch/warning. Evan is getting hail at school, Houston proper has a bunch of power outages and they won't get this storm for a couple hours yet. I am going to get my rain gear on, hope it hasn't dry rotted (VBG), and go check for newborn lambs. Don't need to drown any.

Later,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from joeswife :
I have to say the MB powder is oh so nice... ;D

Happy to hear you like it. I do too. :)

JOY STAY SAFE , SURE HOPE IT ALL GOES AROUND YOU . oops sorry for the caps but did ya hear me :) ???
stay dry , reminds me of the time i had little twin goats & our weather was so bad I went out brought them into the house boy did they have fun & i had a few messes but they were so darn cute at the time it didn't matter :)

be safe in TX Please

WONDERFUL goodies Michelle!!!!!!!!!! Yummy eats and sniffs. Lots of good chocolate stuff! (We keep the chocolate makers in business. lol) I am going to have to try some of the deerfoam slippers one of these days. I like the full shoe slipper. LK does a great job of packing a box, doesn't she????? Can't wait to see the picture!

Yes Sheri .... looks like our own Ms. Fruitiness has 'done it again' with a wonderful swap box. Several things have my mouth watering! The dk choc and orange and the dk choc mint sound wonderbah. I am going to have to get my DH some of those ion socks, they sound terrific. Love all the turquoise stuff and travel mugs. Turquoise is my 2nd favorite color after purple! ^_^ (Just a hint, when I am typing a long post, I occasionally highlight and copy what I have typed so if it disappears, I can just paste it back and not have to type it all over again. Works for me) Waiting with baited breath for pictures!

Oh, did I forget to tell you girls part of this swap is to send a sample of all your goodies to the hostess to be sure they meet inspection/guidelines?????? ^_^ J/K of course, but wish I wasn't!/i>

Joy, you be careful out there checking for lambs in that weather. Keep in touch so we all know you are OK. Hope all the little lambie-pies are ok, too.

Yes deejay. I've had my time with baby calves in the house in front of the wood stove. Had the carpet covered with a tarp so all the messes were on that. Calf messes are worse than goat messes. lol I had one that I wasn't sure was going to make it. Was having to force feed it with a tube to get some warm milk in his tummy. Checked on him all through the night. Woke up to hear a calf bawling and I thought it was one of the kids pressing a magnet on my fridge that would bawl like a calf. I got up and there he was, standing at the end of the hall calling to his "momma" for breakfast! I was so happy!!!! Then when the kids would press the magnet, he would bawl back to it. LMBO It was such a hoot. I LOVE baby animals!

According to my Crystal Ball (and the tracking #'s you've sent me....lol) we should have 3 delivering today and 1 tomorrow!~ Yippee!

Please let me know if I miss someone, at the first post, as receiving their box. I appreciate it.

From what I have, these still have to receive their box. Let me know if I am mistaken!

Fruity/Susie
monkeymomr/Robyn (redelivering today)
tater55/LK
rvnsbrk/Neener
rouxcrew/Joy
Robynznest/Robin
happgarden/Joyce
lizrainey/Liz
Tina_A/Tina

Well the worst has passed us, we are now right on the ending edge and the rain has died to a bare sprinkle. Did go milk and feed goats, they cannot wait and I have a nice loafing barn up there so they were happy. No one else is though. Haven't seen any new lambs, something I am grateful for, spent a couple hours out there opening up drainage paths. Lots of pyrotechnics but none were hitting around me so I was fine. Hooked up one of my audio books and listened to it the whole time I was out there so I was entertained rather than worried. Came in to take a break and get a bite of lunch, then I will be back out there trying to keep the water moving. No trees down, no power outages, no tornadoes nearby so we are good.

Joy

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

No package here Patti and mine is in the air, will dmail you later with the del conf #.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Good Lord! My box from Liz came today. She and I swapped a long time ago during the first Halloween swap I did. She was awesome then and age hasn't hurt her a bit! :0)

The box was bursting with:

Donut House K- cups,
A nice assortment of hot chocolate mixes
Aloe infused socks (I love these, they really work)
A ton of chocolate including a chocolate and bacon bar which I have heard is a really delish combination. (I'll let you know after I have dinner)
A pack of tissues that look like $100 bills and they say "Sniff" on them
A wonderful smelling pear candle... and...
The end all of everything...

A pair of gorgeous , handmade slippers that are just right and are so cleverly made they are to die for. Beautiful beadwork and they even have some little no slip dots on the soles. Wonderful Liz, really cool! They are almost too pretty to wear, but I am going to anyway.

Hope I didn't forget anything. This was a wonderful box full of goodies that was way above and beyond. Still trying to figure out how you knew I loved mint so much.

Thank you so much my dear.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Everyone is getting such great boxes. Isn't it amazing all the different things this groups came up with.

By the way chocolate covered bacon IS fantastic and very easy to make.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.