CLOSED: Thumbnail of Sock, Sniff and Sip swap ***REVEAL PAGE 2****

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hello everyone. We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1237157/

*****REVEAL PAGE! This is where we will reveal our secret swap partner and show the wonderful goodies that she has sent to us. Please have your camera's located and charged :-) so that you can post pictures of your goodies as soon as you are able. Boxes should start landing very soon so be watching for the mailman!******

This is a person to person secret swap, with each person given a buddy to send to.

The SOCK could be anything from warm fuzzy socks to wind socks. Any type of sock would work

The SNIFF could be anything scented such as candles, bath items, good smelling food, etc.

The SIP could be any type of beverage to sip such as coffees, teas, hot chocolate, wine (hmmm), etc. (Please be sure if you send something liquid, that is is packed well in bubble wrap, so it does not break!) You could also include something for your buddy to sip their beverages 'from'.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges) Please include your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post for the socks.The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. You are not required to include every item on someones list, this is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 15, 2012.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post. Sign-ups will be through January 10, 2012 and swapee's assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by January 31, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I'm looking forward to doing this swap and hope everyone else does too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Participants>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like/Dislike link is posted next to the names for your convenience

Crit/Patti - Hostess - December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8946898 & January 2, 2012, 12:49 PM,
Post #8951445 Received from deejay9/Susie

monkeymomr/Robyn - December 28, 2011, 04:00 PM, Post #8945601Received from joeswife/Debra

taters55/Linda Kay - December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM, Post #8929881 & January 2, 2012, 06:56 AM, Post #8951034
Received from jab91864

rvnsbrk/Neener - December 16, 2011, 05:54 PM, Post #8932477 Received from lizrainey/Liz

joeswife/Debra - December 26, 2011, 10:16 PM, Post #8943769 & December 27, 2011, 09:59 PM,
Post #8944989 Received from Cville_Gardener/Carole

Robynznest/Robin - December 15, 2011, 03:36 PM, Post #8930890 & December 16, 2011, 03:29 PM, Post #8932293 & January 4, 2012, 12:28 PM, Post #8954281 & January 12, 2012, 08:53 PM,
Received from Outlaw81/Kelly

deejay/Sue - December 15, 2011, 06:00 PM, Post #8931068 & January 12, 2012, 07:57 PM, Post #8965393
Received from Michelle

Fruit of the Vine/Susan - December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM, Post #8938814 & January 2, 2012, 9:33 PM,
Post #8952217 Received from Robynznest/Robin

Cville_Gardener/Carole - December 16, 2011, 02:12 PM, Post #8932167 Received from goldhillal/Crystal

GardenQuail/Michelle - December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM, Post #8932757 RECEIVED FROM TATER55/LK

jab91864/Julie December 17, 2011, 11:50 AM, Post #8933159 Received from Crit/Patti

Tina_A/ December 19, 2011, 03:42 AM, Post #8935117 Received from rvnsbrk/Neener

synda/Synda - December 27, 2011, 12:10 AM, Post #8943825 Received from rouxcrew/Joy

goldhillal/Crystal - December 29, 2011, 07:15 AM, Post #8946314 & January 3, 2012, 09:01 AM,
Post #8952577 Received from FOTV

OutlawHeart81/Kelly - January 8, 2012, 01:40 PM, Post #8959285, January 12, 2012, 05:32 PM,
Post #8965208 (shoe size 5/6 or boys 4) & January 12, 2012, 10:35 PM, Post #8965560
Received from Synda

BirdieBlue/Sheri - Received from FOTV/Susie

rouxcrew/Joy - December 16, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8932422 & January 2, 2012, 06:26 PM, Post #8951943 &
January 12, 2012, 05:10 PM, Post #8965188 (shoe size 8)

lizrainey/ - December 15, 2011, 10:15 PM, Post #8931367 & January 3, 2012, 06:40 AM,Post #8952459 &
January 12, 2012, 08:54 PM, Post #8965470

happgarden/Joyce - January 2, 2012, 12:56 PM, Post #8951453

This message was edited Jan 31, 2012 2:01 PM

Thumbnail by Crit
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Guess I wanted to be first ...........LOL

And ,Boy do I feel like a dunce !!!!!!! Rick got home and was going through the box again to show him and found one more thing hiding in the bubble wrap that Rick loves so much !!!!!!!!

A PACKET OF GHIRARDELLI PEPPERMINT HOT COCOA !!!! umm,umm ,yummy.............

Thumbnail by synda
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Ah, but I thought I was gonna be first! :)
Synda, good thing you found that cocoa... wouldn't want it to get away :)
Crit, how did you ever keep it a secret from yourself that Susie was your swap buddy? heehee :) Sounds like you got a neat box there :) Those flower pots sound cute!
Michelle

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I agree Michelle ......that cocoa was like a bonus find ......LOL !!!!

Patti ,you got all kinds of Awesome goodies !!!!! Great job Susie , I love everything !!!!!! Japanese Cherry Blossom is to die for !!!!

I am setting here with a pair of my new socky's on and my footsies are so warm and happy !!!!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I am so glad you liked the box Synda, it was such a problem getting it packed and I did miss a few recipes that I was going to send you, sigh. Hey, let me know about the peppermint cocoa, it looked so good but they only had one and being the magnamenous person that I am, I gave it to you. I am glad you looked to the bottom!!!!!!
My personal fuzzy socks are on a shelf at the moment, it was 77 today! And, Jam has decided that they look like a destuffed toy and are his to play with. Which wouldn't be a bad thing except the others want to steal them, then the tugging starts. I had a cute Christmas pair with little white fuzzy cuffs, no more. One is big enough for an elephant, the other is aerated.
Glad you are happy girlfriend!

Joy

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Crit My apoligies for the messed up card, I Had it all typed ready to print out on the card so it would be nice & Neat But My Printer would not print so i put that card in the box went to the post office came back to find that the printer went haywire & Printed out the 3 I could not get to work so here sets 3 pages of the list for you , so sorry but happy you like .

my feet are so cold tonight after walking out here in the new snow we got just since Super about 2 in so far. calling for up to 5-6 possible by morning . so told jim he will have to shovel me a path if he wants help in the morning :) .

Daddys NEW HEARING Aid came today I Had to try it on him for Jim & I Both Are loosing our voice telling him the time every 5-10 MINS . but His hearing is to far gone & This is not going to help him so JIM Is using it :) Just kidding.

well much to do tomorrow so time to go lay back ya all have a great weekend.
susie

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Joy Hope you have had an AWESOME Blessed Day !!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Everything is GREAT Susie. Get some rest and relax!

JOY! Was it your birthday?????????? I always look in the mornings, but they may not of changed it yet when I looked.

Well then.............. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Watch your mail, buddy. Your SSS's are in the wind. What fun it was putting goodies together for you and they actually fit in a #7 box, got a little break printing my own postage and it was even better than using a Flat Rate box the stuff would not have fit in anyway.....who hoo!

My puter keeps freezing and I have had to reboot three times in the past hour, might be time to upgrade this old dinosaur again that been like Old Faithful since 2001. Might be time to spring for a fancier one and get in the 21st Century. Just don't relish the thought of typing on an itty bitty little keyboard.

Joy's homemade goodies are always good. Loved the pot you decorated, Susie, and also the froggie flag.

Seeds! Why didn't I remember to include any? Oh well, maybe next time.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

awsome boxes for everyone so far, love the story about the critters with the socks. I love those flower pots, so cute!

My box came today, just unpacked it.. Gol,gee oh my gosh was the words out of my mouth, buddy carole, I think I went over my 10 pound lift limit carrying it from the table to the recliner where I sit.. LOL
so many cool things! Joe already claimed the blue glass candle holder as his next subject to photograph, he likes things like that, and how in the heck did you know I collect blue glass?

Collge girl was eyeballing the adorable sock monkey and I couldn't resist eating two of the lindt chocolates, but will take pictures of everything tommorrow after work. It is way over stuffed, I love it all, Joe even asked me if I was sending a Thank You card he was so impressed. ;D

I had to reset the postal meter at work, guys, and shipping and postage has gone up , so really , really appreciate the box even more, since it must have weighed a ton.
the honey from your area with the comb intact arrived safe and sound, as did the tennesee whiskey, which will taste good in the peppermint hot choclate I think. I also love the hiyacnths and can't wait to put them out in the triangle garden with the tulips. Socks feel so warm, and will keep my cold as ice feet
warm at night a long time. Thanks for those too!

already tasted the loverly choc pomegranites and yummy, will have to put those in my out of sight out of mind drawer by my recliner for late night snacking.
Candl in glass arrived intact and smells heavenly, so do the other candles. My sniffer says yummy.
I love tea and hot cocoa both and the types you sent are some I have never tried, can't wait!

the vanilla, peppermint and other seasonings are going to be used a lot, and I am biting at the bit to try the tomatoe paste. there is more, but I don't want to use up the whole thread, buddy carole, I feel so special to have recieved so so much from you. Made my cold achy bones warm and fuzzzy.

Happy Birthday Joy, you deserve the best and hope your day was excellant!

Hi, all.
Debra, how cool! Another lovely-sounding box! But, oh, do tell what else was in it :) Remember, I won't be able to see the items in the picture, and I'm having so much fun hearing about what everyone else has received. All terrific ideas for the next time I do a swap like this :)
Crit, sent you dmail :)
Michelle

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Whew! Glad its there okay, Debra. I had a ball putting that box together. I didn't know you collected blue glass but it kept calling your name. LOL.

I love the way Joe gets into it. Lucky you! I hope he enjoys everything too.

The honey with the comb came from a vendor at our local Farmers' Market. I am their best customer. LOL. It's local, organic, raw, unfiltered and unprocessed. We eat about a jar a month. The Jack Daniels is sort of a local product too -- not too far from here. We don't drink a bottle of that every month though. :-D)))

Such great boxes arriving daily and more flying through the air. This swap was too much fun!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

P.S. I'm glad College Girl likes the sock monkey with the Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. It really is good stuff ... whether you're prone to "monkey butt" or not. Just sayin' ....

:-D))) :-D))) :-D)))

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Big thank you to my partner Crit !!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I walk into the computer room and see I have a pkg on the computer desk. I got home from work later last night made a beeline to change clothes and start dinner. All anybody said was I put the mail on the desk...no Hey you got a package and it's with the mail.

So on with the photo and description. Everything was wrapped so nice and neat, Crit you have far more patience than I do....lol. I hate to wrap, Christmas is torture for me.

There is an electric candle warmer. (GREAT...on my list to buy myself and hadn't done it yet)
a honeydew melon candle in a jar ...smells so delish!!
Paradise Punch votive
Raspberry votives
Orange vanilla votives
Scented pinecones
Tangerine/Grapefruit foam bath mix (I bet this is going to be good!!)
a tin of hot cocoa mix (the tin itself is a keeper, cute and small enough for my stash box)
red and green reindeer socks that are very fuzzy =o)
Pink and purple monkey toe socks...lol
Snickerdoodle decaf flavored coffee.. this will be great in the evening when it's too late for coffee but I am feening for some!!!
French roast dark whole bean coffee (starbucks)...I am nothing without my caffeine buzz in the morning!
and last but not least a Tulsa Oklahoma fridge magnet

Great gifts and much appreciated, Thank you again !!

~Julie

My partner's pkg will hopefully be going out on Tues or Wed, I am waiting on something to come in the mail to add to the box.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by jab91864

Oh I use powder, I have to.. I wear two layers of tights and cuddle duds under my work pants for the car lot here in winter..( that is kinda hard on senstive skin) AND I had a sock monkey when I was young... IT"S MINE! is what I told collllge girl... LOL...
will post pics when I get off at work today.. and tell more about what I got.. off to get ready for work.. Love ya!

Julie, what a great box! I love voltive candles.. those sound devine.. Starbucks is really good, what a caffiene buzz! And, I love your socks, those are going to make your feet JOYOUS. ;D

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yummy box, Julie. ^_^

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like the postman is getting busy with deliveries! Love all the boxes coming in! Mine went out yesterday, and I forgot the card, so that will be going out separate today. Sorry buddy.
Crit, I will send you the tracking number shortly.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr-eat box Debra! I know you are excited, as are we to see the pic. Monkey sock puppets .... I remember those! (telling my age here!) And to have monkey-butt powder too .... oh, to die for. ^_^

Glad your box arrived in tact Julie. I had a lot of fun putting it together. As you can tell, I'm quite the 'sniffer'. Love good smelling waxes and candles, etc. Don't know if you noticed but the cocoa is peppermint cocoa. What is better than mint and chocolate, I ask you???? I LOVE the Starbucks dark coffee's, heck.... I like any dark coffee but theirs is just 'better' if you know what I mean. The pinecones I picked up out of my yard and pour my scented waxes over them when I want to change scents. ^_^ I hope you enjoy everything. The wrapping of each item idea came from Fruity. She always has things wrapped so nice it is like Christmas every swap!

Speaking of pinecones. Could anyone use some mini pine cones for crafts or something? We had 3 of our pine trees die during the drought last summer, and they have the cutest little 'mini' pinecones on them. I will send out a box to anyone who wants some for the postage. I also have a few of the pinecones that hadn't opened yet and are just long and skinny. Just let me know.

Everyone has done a great job of describing their boxes so Michelle can join in our joy of all the great things we have received. Those that haven't received, please remember to do so too. Heck, we all love hearing everyone's descriptions of their prizes. ^_^

okay, I didn't mention I also got some special daffodils, some pnut butter brittle , some lovely soap, and some great teas.. a lucious candy bar, spices, seasonings , and it is great to try new teas.. here is a picture.. hope u can ss it, I tried to get it all in, with my two little baby sanseverias to help hold stuff up..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is a close up of the candle holder and socks and spices and seasonings..

Thumbnail by joeswife

and a close up of the monkey..and the jack daniels and other goodies..

Thumbnail by joeswife

the lindor candies were first to be tasted, and gone now.. LOL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Goodness, that must have been a huge box! Who is it from?

WOW Debra ..... and I thought the FIRST post was a lot. Carole really did a bang up job on you!!!!!!

Just went horseback riding. It's 35* but nice and sunny. Was VERY pleasant going West, but freakin' COLD coming back home going east! I'm going to try one of my new teas now!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

NICE BOX DEBRA & just wanted to let you know daddy got his card & had him puzzles for awhile telling him that you was his aptopted daughter in KS but couldn't fool him for long :) hehe Thank you so much & He said he will pray for all my gardening friends :) Thats daddy .

Big brother is fixing Fish Fresh Blue Gill that a guy from the church brought over today for daddy , so Me I'm Going to throw a can of soup in a bowl NUKE it then have me a couple of totties & Watch a movie . so Good Nite to all & Thank you all for the best wishes :)
susie
Hey crit when you try the BLUE BERRY Tea let me know So i will know if i sould try it :) 'TRUTH GIRL'

Yes, it was a nice box from Carole, and I just came in from freezing my tai tai's off planting the new bulbs out front with the other swap bulbs.. Can't Wait till Spring, hope they do th, some of them are tipping out, and it was down to 7 derees today when I went out to work..
I havn't ridden a horse since Beauty, back when I was 16, and she bucked me off.. Sun is shining so was a nice day to ride horses..
Tea is GOOD!

mmmmm hot toddies.. LOL would love some fresh fried blue gills right now.. lucky guys!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey thanks girls for the b'day wishes, it was last Sunday. Wow, what great boxes!!!!!! I agree that this was a fun one to shop for, I kept coming up with ideas. I remember sock monkeys, I have made a few in my day, even a sock elephant although he looked nothing like the picture when I finished, he was very sad.
It was 77 yesterday and 40 today, then tomorrow it will be back in the mid to high 70's again! My poor trees are thinking it is spring, hope they don't get bit.

A couple of my antiques are starting to bloom, gotta love the old ones. This is Belinda

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Hi, all.
Julie, what a fun surprise to discover! And such treasures inside :) With everything all wrapped, too... adds to the suspense! Clever idea :)
Debra, thanks for telling us about all the other wonderful surprises in your box :) What fun! I do hope those daffodil bulbs come up nicely for you. That will be an extra fun treat :)
Hmmm, hadn't thought of including a card... sorry, buddy. I did put a note in the box though, so you will know who it's from :) Will keep the card idea in mind for future swaps :)
Michelle

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful rose, Joy.

And look at the fabulous goodies you received, Julie & Debra. Good for you!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I didn't include a card either... couldn't squeeze another thing inside. LOL. :-D))) Debra, the daff and hyacinth bulbs have been chilling in the fridge so they should be on schedule to bloom ... I hope.

Unwrapping is fun but I just throw the paper away so prefer mine not wrapped. It's an eco-thing. :)

wow! had to be suddenly woke up by MOM.. ARE YOU TAKING ME TO WORK ? geeze! here I thought I would be able to sleep until noon or so .. okay. I am done griping.. time for tea..
My box was perfect , and I am so eco minded I am saving all the padding, pads and box for next swap LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's where they came from originally. Other swaps. LOL. It does my heart good to see them continuing on another journey.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, what great boxes and the imagination of this group is way out there. Still waiting for a certain thing to get here, but I'm kind of glad it is a little late cause I have a couple more ideas that I want to check out and maybe put in the box.

What are Pumpkins on a Stick. Never heard of Egg Gourds, Can you take a different pick of those.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Forgot to say Happy belated Birthday Joy.

No worries Michelle. I didn't put a card in mine either. Just a handwritten (chicken scratch!) note in the very bottom telling what everything was that wasn't self explanitory.

Yes Robyn, I will take a closer pic for you. Someone (crs...don't remember who) grew them last year. They are so cool.

I reuse my paper and packing too. It is hard for me to throw anything away! Just ask DH! ^_^

So glad everyone is having fun with this swap. I thought about doing one for several months before I finally did, then I had to think of something fun and clever. SO glad it has worked out!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow. what cool gifts. I had a sock monkey-Jimmy, as a wee one. He got lost during one of my many childhood moves. Oh, and those tiny cones are perfect for pot-pouries. I used to make different blends and would hunt far & wide for them. I'll send you the cost of shipping. Just let me know the amt.
I didn't put much on my list, but will say that nearly everything listed so far (except the liquor) would be great. So much dark chocolate confections have made me drool. LOL I'm getting better and will be shopping Mon & Tues.

Sheri/ BB

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

forgot to ask---is it really still OK to plant bulbs??

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.