Hello From Northern Nevada

Winnemucca, NV(Zone 5b)

New to dave's and wanted to say hello.
Moved here in 2010 and even though I am an experianced gardener, ( but not with names ) I am finding lots of challenges here with growing every thing. I gardened for many years in a very predictable zone 6/7 and very little of what was applied there applies here. This area is High Alpine Desert and the temp swings are extream (lows can be-5 to -15 and the summer highs are regularly above 100) . Not only from season to season but even day to day at times.
I am hopeing to learn as much as I can from others in zone 5 areas as well as those in very arid high heat areas.
I have lots of work and learning ahead of me and know with very creative gardening and the experiances of others, I can make this work
Wish me luck cause I got a feeling I will need lots of it!

Liz

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG and you have my wishes for good luck with your plants in a gardening zone that's new to you. I'm sure many DG people in your area will be happy to help you.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Liz! There are lots of friendly, helpful people here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Winnemucca, NV(Zone 5b)

Thank you!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh HI and Welcome Liz, very nice to see you here! Goodness yes, you'll have oodles of help and encouragement here, and you'll have fun while learning, too!

Very happy gardening to you! =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.