VaLenTiNEs DaY Swap *** INTEREST THREAD***

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

~*~*~*~*~*THIS IS AN INTEREST THREAD FOR A VALENTINES SWAP~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sign-ups will be from now until January 31st.
Boxes are to be mailed out no later than February 10th.
Boxes should be mailed Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve for this Valentines Day swap, and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges, I don't burn candles, my favorite scent is gardenia, etc.) If you think of anything else you would like to add after posting, please go back to the original post and edit so it is all in one post. The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. Senders are not required include every item on someones list, or include only things on the list. This is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 28, 2012 to participate in this swap.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post. Sign-ups will be through 8:00 a.m. CST January 31, 2012, and swapee's assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by February 10, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I'm looking forward to doing this swap and hope everyone else does too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

****PARTICIPANTS****

Crit/Patti - January 25, 2012, 08:20 PM, Post #8982386

goldhillal/Crystal - January 18, 2012, 09:38 PM, Post #8973587 RECEIVED from Bettypauze 1/31/12

rouxcrew/joy - January 18, 2012, 10:34 PM, Post #8973622

GardenQuail/Michelle - January 26, 2012, 04:02 AM, Post #8982551

deejay9/Sue - January 19, 2012, 02:24 PM, Post #8974378 & February 1, 2012, 05:44 AM, Post #8990363

FruitoftheVine/Susan - January 19, 2012, 05:36 PM, Post #8974680

Bettypauze/Betty - January 21, 2012, 03:09 PM, Post #8976712
Please see this post from taters55 regarding what can NOT be sent across the border:
January 22, 2012, 05:58 AM, Post #8977296
Also, FruitoftheVine posted IDEAS that can be sent: January 22, 2012, 06:47 PM, Post #8978139

lizrainey/Liz - January 23, 2012, 10:49 AM, Post #8978932

happgarden/Joyce - January 29, 2012, 12:00 PM, Post #8986580

taters55/Linda Kay - January 29, 2012, 04:53 PM, Post #8986917

scbuttercup/Judy - January 29, 2012, 08:11 PM, Post #8987223

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 9:42 AM

Thumbnail by Crit
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I will be the first to toss my hat in this ring. Sounds fun!

I like:
chocolate anything
homemade goodies, jams,jellies,etc
lavender scented anything
old souvenir spoons
anything gardening
wind chimes
anything crafty or arty that is handmade

Do not care for:
scents of melons and other veggie or fruits products
anything with hot pepper (even mildly hot)

This message was edited Jan 20, 2012 10:21 PM

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll give it a whirl!
I like
things made with love, jams, crafts, etc.
chocolate, not a fan of really dark stuff
more chocolate!
cooking stuff, herbs, spices, etc.
tea, any black type is always good
gardening things
crafted bird houses
feeders
fun things
suprises!

Don't like:
scented oils
gnomes or angels
knick knacks

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012 11:55 AM

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Sounds fun :) I'm interested, too.
Michelle

Great girls .... will put you down. That makes 4. That's enough for a swap don't you think?????

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry for taken so long to get here been busy today BUT I FOR 1 better sign up for i NEED lots of VALENTINES hehe & chris offered to be mine also :)

COFFEES ALL FLAVORS,
CANADIAN MIST ,
SEEDS, BULB
, GIFT CERTIFICATES ,
IOU'S ,
SHIRTS XLG,
SLIPPERS WITH SOLES 8-9 ,
WRINKLE CREAM TO MAKE ME LOOK YOUNGER :) HEHE
NAIL DECALS , POLISH, SPARKLES
PAINTED STONE OR FLOWER POT , ANYTHING GARDENING

so cute FRIUTY
#####################
Ya'll are all my Valentines ♥
#####################

This message was edited Jan 19, 2012 6:50 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

Glad to have you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Make that 5, Patti.

chocolates, prefer dark, but it's all good
homemade goodies, apple butter, jellies, jams, relishes
wines from other areas
candles with earthy musky scents, also clean scents like linen, citrus, vanilla, peppermint and beachy / ocean scents
apple cider, lemonade, hot chocolate
pecans, cashews
peppermint melt-aways, Peppermint Patties (lol)
coffee, can use beans, grounds, or pods
XL T-shirt, all kinds of socks, wear size 8 shoes
have pierced ears

Dislikes
especially sweet scents like Tuberose & Gardenia
walnuts, chocolate covered cherries

#####################
Ya'll are all my Valentines ♥
#####################

YEA FRUITY!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to have you!

Great, detailed list there! Thanks

Victoria Harbour, ON

If you don't mind me, this Canadian gal who loves swaps and has no sweetie to treat me on Valentines Day I would love to join you!

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllll-right Betty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to have you! You have lots of Valentine's here! ^_^

Waving hi to you, Betty. Any of us would be proud to be your Valentine.

I got a kick out of your want for wrinkle cream, Susie. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a magic potion, or an endless supply from the Fountain of Youth?

♥♥♥ ya'll

Really Don't need my Youth back just want my Skin tone back :) when i look in the mirror I just look all wrinkled up like a prune any more & These Face mask don't seem to help. I see all these TV Makeovers & makes me wonder How they do It ?
So if any of you have any Good Ideas let me in on it :) But Then I' used to be your age so guess i better just Be Happy To Grow old GRACEFULLY :)
well i have daddys cake in the oven so guess i better get back into the house . already have had 3 phone calls from people who daddy knew years ago & didn't know he was still with us . so they will be here tomorrow :) much to get done yet .
ya all have a great weekend

sunny today
susie

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your visit..am sure your dad is thrilled to be having friends over for a visit!

Love the lists above, will certainly keep them in mind...

As for my favorites

ANYTHING will do. Love surprises!!!

Also, no fret that it will not arrive on time..belated boxes are sometimes the best!

You know what, Susie, the older I get, the more it seems like my late Mom is starring right back at me in the mirror. That's a good thing and is comforting to have her good genes.

Tomorrow's your Daddy's Big Day! Tell us all about it.

Hi, all.
Betty, seems to me there are some things we're not supposed to mail to Canada, but I forget exactly... Can you remind us which things we can't send? Also, if you like things like T-shirts, socks, and such, can you let us know what size? Favorite colors? Thanks... gotta ask now, you know... If I wait til I find out who my buddy is, and they haven't said, I wouldn't want to give it away! :)
Hmmm, still thinking about what to put on my list :) Will try to do my list soon...
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGnonmail-e.asp#1378224

Tobacco products
Firearms
intoxicating beverages
Drugs, including narcotics and other controlled substances
Medical/Biological Materials
Perishable Items
Liquids, liquefiable substances, fatty substances and powders, provided they are otherwise mailable substances, must be properly prepared
Live animals

Plants

Thanks LK, Will post this at the top so her buddy will know.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks LindaKay. Lol. After that list what else is there to send??l

I bet your buddy will find something nice!

Ooh, I can think of lots of some goodies. Seeds, magazines, recipes, garden tools & gloves, primitives with metal or wooden accessories, candles, fabrics.....and I'm sure there are many more that aren't illegal.
I have traded with Canadians for Canna rhizomes and bulbs. They were noted as 'bareroots' on the custom's form. Course that was a couple of years ago before security became so tight.

How was Daddy's big day, Susie? Can't wait to hear all about it.

Pacifica, CA

i want to play!!!

i like everything in chocoalte except for two things coconut and chocolate cherries

drink lots of coffee and teas and chocolates,

dont like the smell of rose and sandlewood

i like homade and hand crafted gifts and surprises.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wondered where you were Liz...lol

Guess that is a lot of pretties FOTV...now I'm excited.

Am hoping to go to Buffalo on the 4th so shouldn't be a problem mailing and getting to my swap buddy on time.
Coming through the Canadian border, now that's questionable that it would make it on time but I think a gift coming in end of February might help those end of February blues...

Where is everyone???? Out shopping? ^_^

getting ready to here :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

When did you say we would get our names Crit??? just need to know who I'm shopping for your side of the border and posting??

Sign ups are scheduled to close Jan. 31st. Will that give you enough time or do you need it sooner? I can go ahead and draw names and if others join I will just redraw except for you. Which would be the best? I know you need plenty of time.

Michelle/GardenQuail, please remember to post your list of likes/dislikes. ^_^

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012 8:42 PM

LIKES/DISLIKES

I am pretty easy to please. Surprise me!!

Love all kinds of chocolates. Chocolate truffles, chocolate caramels, Brachs chocolate covered cherries, dark chocolate covered orange slices, dark chocolate mint, chocolate with nuts/coconut, etc........ Get the idea? lol I LOVE chocolates. (no critters in my chocolates though. YUCK) ^_^ No liquor chocolates, I have several I'm working on! yea!

Schnops: Peach, cherry, etc. (can't handle it anymore ^_^ )

Favorite colors purple & turquoise. House colors brown, tan tones with burgandy and hunter green, lavender bedroom, dining room mauve and dusty rose, kitchen green and brown.

Favorite smells lilac, gardenia, rose, sweet, floral, earthy/musky, clean. Don't care for cinnamon or melon as a scent.
Have scentsy warmers and do like candles.

LIKE shower gels, soaps. Hand cream & lotions. Same scents as favorite smells except musky & clean.

Socks: aloe, slipper, knitted, toe, any kind. Shoe size 10.
My feet are really dry so anything for that is great. I wear socks around the house all the time.

Homemade goodies are always welcomed!!!! (Foods, can't do anything too spicy.) Jams, jellies, butters are great!!
Love anything for the yard and gardens - homemade or bought. Decorated pots, flags, frogs, etc.

Kneeling pads. DH stole mine for the garage and took one to work. lol

Decorated/painted China cup and saucer sets. (I have part of my grandmothers and am adding to it)

T-shirts XLG. I love them big and loose

Coffees-the darker and richer the better. ^_^ Teas - flavored, Constant Comment, Oriental, etc.

I think this should paint a good picture. Thank you in advance buddy!!!!

Patti/Crit

This message was edited Jan 29, 2012 3:25 PM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2012 6:00 PM

Hi, all.
Likes/dislikes:
All kinds of chocolates... was tempted to copy Patti's list :) but I'll add that I also like chocolates with nuts (like hazelnuts, almonds, etc).
Homemade goodies (but no hot spices or alcohol, please).
Hot chocolates, especially flavored ones would be great! Herbal teas could be good, too, though I received several from the SSS swap :) But if you found a peach flavored one, that would be yummy :) Please, no coffee.
Would be fun to try some of the air fresheners, but not the plug-in kind as I don't have a good place for these. Possible scents include: floral, spices, fruit... Not as fond of the "beach/ocean" scents and the like, and already have several linen scented candles, so preferably not these.
Scented hand soaps (bars prefered).
Love candles, too, but since I just received a bunch from the SSS swap, perhaps some of the other things would be better, unless you find some floral, pear, or cranberry scented ones. Don't have these.
Scented hand lotions (floral, fruit, spices), but not shower gels/bath powders. Please avoid any with aloe as repeated use causes skin to itch.
T-shirts/sweatshirts (size large).
Socks (shoe size 6 1/2, 7 with my orthodics [sp?]).
Love listening to nature sounds (birds, rivers/streams, ocean, etc).
Probably forgetting something, too, but this should give my buddy some ideas :)
Michelle

This message was edited Jan 26, 2012 2:23 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Crit, just made an executive decision. Lol. Will go to Buffalo on the 4th so won't be a problem. Can wait until 31st!

Me either, Betty........only 4 days to go :)

Michelle, listening to nature's sounds are so soothing. Got to admit pushing the button on the display at Walmart more than once while shopping in the craft department just to hear the different ones. What a wonderful idea you brought up.

Hi, all.
Didn't know that Walmart had things in their craft section with nature sounds. What kinds of things do they have? Might need to check these out :)
Sometimes we've found stuffed animals in stores that play a bird call when squeezed just right. As I recall, There's often a sign saying that they're sponsored by the Audubon Society or something like that. Those are always fun to play with :)
Also, at one time, there were cassettes and CDs with nature sounds, but I don't know if these are still around. Never had one of these myself, but I've heard of them. Would be fun to find something like that some time.
Hope my buddy likes chocolate... Have some great ideas of places to go :)
Michelle

This message was edited Jan 28, 2012 1:00 AM

Come on 31st! Why is it I get so antsy when the deadline date is drawing near. I have everyone's names ready, but need to wait until the 31st to send out so we don't have someone come in thinking it closes the 31st, like we did on the SSS swap.

I went shopping yesterday. Didn't intend to, went to Walgreens for prescriptions, and they had some of the cutest little things. Sooooooooo, of course I bought. lol

Suppose to be in the high 50's and low 60's this week, so I see myself probably horseback riding nearly every day. Just unbelievable for January, so I'm taking advantage of it.

If you want, put out the word on threads you visit that sign up for this swap is drawin near if anyone is interested.

Crit

Michelle, I think you are 'safe'. Don't recall anyone on here that doesn't LOVE chocolate.

Oh, and I love any kind of chocolate too. Also with stuff in it. Just no ants or grasshoppers, please. ^_^

same here crit no critters in my chocolates unless its cupid or an bunny , or chicken :) why wait just draw tonight & send out tomorrow :) hehe any new one lagging we can take care of them also :) JUST MY 2 CENTS

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Hope I can join!
After making a list and then losing my post, I cheated and went thru the last two swaps and the lists and copied the parts to WordPad, so now computer take that if you lose my list I don't care cause I saved it! Sometimes I wonder who/what is operating this thing.....rofl.

milk chocolate anything- do like dark chocolate mints- no liquor or critters please
bar soap - moisturing, lilac, and gardenia
homemade - jams, jellies, apple butters etc.
homemade - craft items
anything for the garden - really windy here so windsocks don't last long nor do chimes
outdoor metal gardening signs for the outside walls of the tool barn, want to cover it
gardening - gloves, tools
boot mats - good for setting pots on probably hard to mail too big
socks - warm fuzzy for winter, I don't wear shoes inside
drawer liners - love those
white wine - sweet
margaritas
spicy food - dips, salsa
recipes
colors of house - living, dining, kitchen all one room, couch and chase are denim; kitchen has advertising around top, bright colors. Bedroom - non color..rofl, beige, taupe, gray.
pierced ears - wear smaller earrings, some tangles
collect - flower frogs, probably besides plants the only thing I have multiples of
crafted bird houses
bulbs and seeds
love decorating the house for whatever holiday - valentines I have a red and white table runner, and white and red towels, would love more stuff like that.

dislike:
red wine
scents of melons and other veggie or fruit products
kneeling pads - have several, I don't dislike them just have plenty, dog stopped eating them
candles - dh has allergies
spray fragrances
dark chocolate
coffee - gives me the hiccups (I know too strange)
honey
syrup
Sorghum

LMBO ..... good for you happ. I think I may save your list to my computer too! lol Of course, would have to tweek it, you have dislikes that I LOVE. tee hee On the birthday club we use to have a Likes/Dislikes thread that was great. You could add to it or remove from it anytime. We have gone to just cards now so I can't find the list. I had it saved to my bookmarks, but when I had my Windows Vista updated to Windows 7, I lost my bookmarks. :-( boooo I usually go back to swaps I've been in before and copy my list then tweek it. ^_^

Yes, Yes, Yes............. you are more than welcome to join us! Love to have you.

Share the swap on any threads you visit to see if anyone else wants to join us. Sign-ups are about to close!

Crit, add my name please? I thought I already asked to join. Any thing goes, I love surprises!

crit maybe this link might he a few of you ...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/

Thanks Susie. That isn't the one I was thinking of ..... but it sure will help!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.