Sock, Sniff and Sip swap ***REVEAL PAGE****

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hello everyone. We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235927/

*****REVEAL PAGE! This is where we will reveal our secret swap partner and show the wonderful goodies that she has sent to us. Please have your camera's located and charged ^_^ so that you can post pictures of your goodies as soon as you are able. Boxes should start landing very soon so be watching for the mailman!******

This is a person to person secret swap, with each person given a buddy to send to.

The SOCK could be anything from warm fuzzy socks to wind socks. Any type of sock would work

The SNIFF could be anything scented such as candles, bath items, good smelling food, etc.

The SIP could be any type of beverage to sip such as coffees, teas, hot chocolate, wine (hmmm), etc. (Please be sure if you send something liquid, that is is packed well in bubble wrap, so it does not break!) You could also include something for your buddy to sip their beverages 'from'.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges) Please include your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post for the socks.The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. You are not required to include every item on someones list, this is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 15, 2012.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post. Sign-ups will be through January 10, 2012 and swapee's assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by January 31, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I'm looking forward to doing this swap and hope everyone else does too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Participants>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like/Dislike link is posted next to the names for your convenience

Crit/Patti - Hostess - December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8946898 & January 2, 2012, 12:49 PM,
Post #8951445

monkeymomr/Robyn - December 28, 2011, 04:00 PM, Post #8945601

taters55/Linda Kay - December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM, Post #8929881 & January 2, 2012, 06:56 AM, Post #8951034

rvnsbrk/Neener - December 16, 2011, 05:54 PM, Post #8932477

joeswife/Debra - December 26, 2011, 10:16 PM, Post #8943769 & December 27, 2011, 09:59 PM,
Post #8944989

rouxcrew/Joy - December 16, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8932422 & January 2, 2012, 06:26 PM, Post #8951943 &
January 12, 2012, 05:10 PM, Post #8965188 (shoe size 8)

Robynznest/Robin - December 15, 2011, 03:36 PM, Post #8930890 & December 16, 2011, 03:29 PM, Post #8932293 & January 4, 2012, 12:28 PM, Post #8954281 & January 12, 2012, 08:53 PM,

happgarden/Joyce - January 2, 2012, 12:56 PM, Post #8951453

deejay/Sue - December 15, 2011, 06:00 PM, Post #8931068 & January 12, 2012, 07:57 PM, Post #8965393

Fruit of the Vine/Susan - December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM, Post #8938814 & January 2, 2012, 9:33 PM,
Post #8952217

lizrainey/ - December 15, 2011, 10:15 PM, Post #8931367 & January 3, 2012, 06:40 AM,Post #8952459 &
January 12, 2012, 08:54 PM, Post #8965470

Cville_Gardener/Carole - December 16, 2011, 02:12 PM, Post #8932167

GardenQuail/Michelle - December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM, Post #8932757

jab91864/Julie December 17, 2011, 11:50 AM, Post #8933159

Tina_A/ December 19, 2011, 03:42 AM, Post #8935117

synda/Synda - December 27, 2011, 12:10 AM, Post #8943825

goldhillal/Crystal - December 29, 2011, 07:15 AM, Post #8946314 & January 3, 2012, 09:01 AM,
Post #8952577

OutlawHeart81/Kelly - January 8, 2012, 01:40 PM, Post #8959285, January 12, 2012, 05:32 PM,
Post #8965208 (shoe size 5/6 or boys 4) & January 12, 2012, 10:35 PM, Post #8965560

BirdieBlue/Sheri -

Thumbnail by Crit
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see what has been shipped!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^

Welcome BirdieBlue. ^_^

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Have mine about ready Hope to get it shipped this next week when i go in & Shop for daddy's Birthday he will be 99 the 25th & all he wants is cake & Ice Cream with his kids :) No one can get away to come out on weds so we are going to have his party on the 22th.
but hope to get my box out by Tuesday.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Monday is MLK holidayso post offices will be closed.

WOW Susie. 99 !!!!! That is just AWESome !!!! Happy Birthday to him.

I have my box all ready to go. Was going to take it in Monday. Thanks for the reminder about the P.O.'s being closed Carole. Since I don't work anymore, I forget about the holiday's. Are you off work that day? Is suppose to be 71* Monday. We had snow 2 days ago. LOL

Can't wait until they start arriving. Should be any day now!

BIRDIEBLUE Likes/Dislikes list:

I like fuzzy socks for sleeping
arm warmers with thumb hole (they're kinda like leg warmers)
most all of the lists above would work for me

Not into Nick knacks much
don't have many dislikes
favorite colors are yellow & turquoise blue (like the Swedish flag)

Someone asked if I have Blue Birds. Yes!!

I am so very glad to have a working puter again.

Wing waves to ya,
BB

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Susie that is so wonderful your daddy is going to be 99.......you are very lucky !

Wish it was going to be 71* here !!!!!!!!!! I'm so ready for spring.......

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday to your Daddy, Susie.
Hiya, sherry!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday to our adopted daddy!!! 99 ... way to go!

I was going to mail Monday too but then I remembered ... but since we are retired, sometimes I don't remember. I pay little attention to the calendar anymore. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not so good. ;-)

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
BirdieBlue, glad you're able to join us, and that your computer is working again :)
Got to do some shopping for my buddy Saturday evening. A little more to go, and then I can get it all packed up to go :)
Thanks for the descriptions of the pictures. My guide dog says that if your kitty would like to be friends, he'd be happy to receive that box! He promises he'd take good care of kitty :) A friend of ours has a kitty who likes to come visit me, even though there's a big dog (yellow labrador) next to me. I always think it's so fun when the kitty comes over to see me. I love kitties, but they don't often visit with the dog next to me. I do have to occasionally remind my dog to be polite... Things like "Don't hit the kitty in the face with your wagging tail" (he was busy looking at our friend's dog while doing this) and "really, the kitty doesn't want you to sniff him so much!" Thankfully, our friend has a very patient cat :)
Michelle

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL, Michelle. ♥

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Michelle. We have a neighborhood cat that is friendly and patient like that. It doesn't bother him a bit to be next to my dogs. But then again he is bigger than my dogs.

Welcome Birdie.

I have one more thing to get and I will mail mine out Wed.

Happy Birthday Daddy.

In the 60's today, hope we don't have the winds like we have been, I want to burn some leaves.

Michelle, that is good stuff ... made me smile! ;D
I miss my Duke dog, but my grandfur babies ( Kitties) always cheer me up when I visit them..

TY All Told daddy about all the Happy B-day wishes from you all so now your all on his Prayer list :))) He Knows how special you all are when he turned 95 a few of the DG Members sent him bird feeder, bird house , cards , cookies , he was so surprised so you all are in his prayers as special people :) HEHE
now today i have to call the kids once again to remind them of his b-day he is so funny but driving me crazy this morning so back in to start lunch for us & Will be back after dinner pray i make it through dinner :) Just Kidding girls .
have a great day all

Awwwww Susie..... he is so cute. You are so lucky to have had him around for so long.

LOL @ Michelle. Your post made me smile too. Had a mental picture.

I understand Debra. I miss my Polly Wog Dog, too. But, I see her every night when I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up ..... plus lots of times during the day. I have the polymer that Charleen made me hanging on the wall next to my bed.

Watching football this afternoon. Thinking I might make a pie. Even though I am trying to watch what I eat, you can't deprive yoursel of everything or you will go nuts! ^_^ Besides, DH would kiss my feet for another one. LOL He has a real sweet tooth!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rouxcrew) Do you have any big plans for your bday?

Whatever you do or don't do ..... I hope you have the greatest day ever!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY

Here is a Fat Free Birthday Cake for you, a Square 4 Layered Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries trailing in a spiral from top to bottom !!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make my mouth water!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Joy.

evening all just finished super , its just daddy & i tonight so trying to get caught up on the threads , was out repotting a few of my plants
today .

happy Birthday JOY sure hope your haven a great day the way you would like to spend it :) hope your not jumping out of a plan , or bungi jumping off a cliff .

you all have a great evening off to play bingo :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Evening everyone.

Oh I know what you mean, Patti. I've been buried in play-off games the whole week-end. So excited the 49er's won! They're my sentimental team. Well, who's left to pull for after the Steelers lost last week-end :(

Happy Birthday Joy and to the whole Rouxcrew Zoo!

Bless your Daddy's heart, Susie, and wish him a Happy Birthday for me too. Are you going to put 99 candles on his cake?! Time sure does fly.

well i plan to make my famous PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE & cheap with 99 candles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not 3 boxes of candles
by time i got 50 lit the other 49 would be melted :( . told him i would take his teeth out so he won't loose them again this year :) the grandkids thought it was funny. he's counting the days & Mins he can't see so its what time is it ???? ever 1/2 hr NO JOKE.
anyone tell me where i can find a talking watch ????

right now he's waiting to go to bed i told him not till 9 pm in hopes he will sleep all night :) ya all have a great evening .

i hope to have my box ready to go out by weds the latest.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Your Peanut Butter Sheet Cake is always a great crowd pleaser, and he's going to have a lot of loved ones giving him hugs and kisses. Hopefully some will be Chocolate, no teeth needed :) Take his pic for us on his B-day. I still remember the one of him wearing his tie from froggies_girl.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks guys! Went to a sheepdog trial today for my birthday. Took my young pup, Jam, and my two top level dogs, Crush and Lite. This was a competition for green dogs and handlers so my "big" dogs and I worked moving sheep around for everyone today, keeping things running smoothly, and my baby ran an exhibition run. He isn't allowed to compete at the beginning level because I am a pro. Dave and Evan unloaded my truck full of bricks while I was gone and took the big wreath down off the front of the house. Woo Hoo! Don't have quite enough for the floor of the greenhouse, so I think I will make my front walk brick. We will go out to a neat little place on Friday.
Love the cake! Since I didn't make me one, that one will have to do.
Stopped in at a store on the way home and found more stuff for my box. I have got to get it sealed up before it gets a life of its own! Plan on mailing Tuesday.
Give your dad a big hug for me Susie! 99, hope I am around that long.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joy it sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday !!!!!!!!

Susie here are a few links for Talking Watches.........I think Rick and I would love that Peanut Butter Sheet Cake too much !!!!!!
http://www.sightconnection.com/clocks-and-watches-talking-watches.html

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780247&CAWELAID=395908673

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2707914602P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM2707914602

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Alarm-Talking-Watch-Date/dp/B000NW0J7E

Happy Birthday Joy! Glad you had a great day. Susie, I love to read the stories of you and your Daddy, it gives me great pleasure. I would love that sheet cake, yum!

I need a bigger box, and after I get one from work tomorrow, It should go out on Tuesday. Today I started my water bottle planters , and have 6 going now on the window sills in our bedroom. Can't wait for spring. Warm enough here to plant some tulips out front in the triangle garden. Yippee!
I , too, love my polymer of Duke that Charleen made me. Not to mention the hundreds of pictures of him on my screen savers here and at work.
Here is a funny for Charleen.

Thumbnail by joeswife

thank you all for your help We Have The perfect Watch & It will be here about the 20 TH just in time :)) This will be the best gift we can give my father & trust me for my family .
being blind & hard of hearing is very hard on him but he is in better health then many,,& he knows this so he thanks god for that, as we thank him also :)
i truly do not mean to bore anyone with my stories about daddy. & i hope i'm able to help all of you with
T's & P'S as you all have helped me . love you all so much .
off to give him his hair cut & shave you all have a special day will try to get back later.
susie

oh hope to get mine out tomorrow but they are calling possible freezing rain but will see.

Sounds like you had a good day Joy. I am so impressed with you and your dogs. I think that is just awesome!. Plus, I LOVE the names you have for your dogs! ^_^

I love reading the stories about your daddy too Susie. Don't think you are boring us! If someone doesn't want to read it, they can just skip over it. Peanut Butter sheet cake ..... sounds YUMMY!!!!

Sounds like there are going to be a lot of SSS boxes flying in the air tomorrow. Mine is setting on the counter waiting for it's trip to the P.O. I can hear it saying ..... send me ....send me. It doesn't understand about the holiday. teehee

Cool pic there Debra. I really like that!

Well, calling for 73* here today but the wind is like 30 mph, at least it is from the south. Have a few things to do in the yard so am going to try to do that. Dropping to 42* tomorrow, then a slow warm-up each day and back to 73* again next Sunday. January in Oklahoma! You never know WHAT to expect. Like they say, if you don't like the weather today, stick around till tomorrow! lol

Have a great day all! I will be checking in periodically.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Well, think I've finished my shopping... Will have to get it all ready to go. Hoping to get it mailed out before the rain comes later this week :)
Synda, that Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries sounds delicious! Bet it's quite pretty, too :)
Susie, that peanut butter cake sounds yummy :) Give your dad birthday wishes from me, too :)
Take care, everyone, and have a great day!
Michelle

Gm all I Just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU For all the wonderful Letters for wanting to Help me in my Quest of making daddy's Life much easier for all of us I Wish I Could Post all the responce's . not just from all of you but we have members who have been reading this forum who I have never traded with or chated with before that wanted to help .
I'm just blown away of all the generousity (MS) & Kindness of DG Members .

we Now have a Talking watch witch I Know will help a bunch for jim & I have to stop what we do walk over to daddy to tell him what time it is SO this will help a bunch . & Then I Found a place for REFERBISHed Hearing aids that I Could afford :) .
so this will be a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY For him :) .

well it is time for me to go help jim get daddy up for the day Thank you all & If anyone would like to send a card My address is in the address exchange & His name is RICHARD SHOEBRIDGE .
have a great day all .
susie

Good morning SSS'ers! Gee, Michelle and Susie are sure up early this morning! I am thanks to my DH alarm clock, but he was already gone and on his way to work. UGH!!!!!! Thanks honey (she says sarcasticly)

Brrrrr...... took Pistol (my blind dog) outside to potty and got shocked! After our 70's yesterday afternoon, I walked out to 27*. Our high today is 42*. SHEESH! Gotta love Oklahoma!

Lots of boxes taking off for new destinations this week. I'm so excited to see what everyone has received! You know .... with all the swaps and seed/plant exchanges, you would think the great folks on DG should keep the P.O.'s going by themselves! LOL

Ahhhhhh ..... nothing like lying in bed with my puppies sleeping beside me, drinking some good stong coffee with Amaretto creamer and talking to the best people in the world ...... on DG. ^_^ You all have a wonderful day and I'll check in again later!

Patti

NOTICE: This is a public service announcement .....WELL, not really, but is a swappers announcement. teehee

PLEASE remember to put DELIVERY CONFIRMATIONS on the boxes you are mailing to you buddy, then dmail the number to me as reply to the buddy email I sent to you.

Thanks!
Patti

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Those who know me will appreciate this. Packed two boxes last night for mailing this morning, one for this swap and one for a birthday girl. I was extra careful to get my cards IN the boxes, something that I tend to forget till they are sealed. Printed labels, taped everything up, and there, sitting on the bed was my buddy's fuzzy socks! Argggh. So I open up the box, repack with socks, seal up the box and there, sitting on my bed, is my card! So there is no telling what I have packed in my box. I did stuff the card back in but I was afraid to open it again. Now if I can just remember to put it in my car for the trip to the PO, I will call this day a success.

Joy

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Joy you are so like me. I do the same thing every time!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just sent you my Delivery Confirmation. ^_^ It's on its way as of today. ^_^

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

WoooOoooo0000000Ooooo!!!!! Got my box today!!!!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The first one!! Yippeee....whee....^_^

So what was in your Box ???? I'm sure it wasn't a little Girl :)))) Crit My box just went out today Due date is Friday the 20th
will send Conf # Soon ..

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey...... All of what i wrote is gone but the first line?!
Ok let me start over.....
So i got my box from my buddy synda today!!!! she went a little wild with the swapping! Holy cow!!!!i wasn't sure my counter was big enough to fit it all! Best of all was the card. Warmer than any coffee or tea, but a nice compliment to both! I am a dork and i won't lie, a few tears fell. It's lovely. Synda is a wonderful card writer, oozing with heartfelt sentiment, and the familiarity of lifetimes. I sound like a movie critic, so in that case two thumbs up!
On the card is a toddler in a robe with curlers in her hair and a cup of coffee
inside it says i'm a real till i have my first pot of coffee. So cute! ...& true! :)
It made my day!!!! Thanks my friend.
Now..... Ok... Bear with me while i try to give you a detailed account without loosing track of what i already named ( quick! Name all seven dwarfs! Lol)
mint truffle hershey kisses
arbuckle's coffee
flavors:
chocolate raspberry
chocolate cherry
gingerbread
pumpkin spice
hazelnut creme
coconut cream!!!! (my favorite!!!)
caramel pecan
Single serve coffee creamers french vanilla
earl grey (my favorite tea!!!!!)
Cozy chamomile
mint medley
pomegranate crystal light drink mix!!!
Pink fuzzy ballet slippers!
Black super soft silky socks
Ohio state candy bar! Buck eyes!!!!! (did you know i got engaged in akron ohio? :) )
Pretzel m&m's!!!!!
Candles:
pumpkin pie
apple pie
fresh linen
angel food cake
apple blossom
seeds!!!! Herbs and gourds!!!! :)
Hot pepper jelly (always wanted to try this!)
Pumpkin butter!!!
Turkish delight!!!! Mmmmm (i ate half of them already! ...how did you know???? )
a cozy throw blanket

this rocks!!!! :) i just put the water on for the chocolate cherry coffee and then off to do more shopping for my buddy. :) :) :)
I think this swap was just the trick to get rid of winter blahs!!!! :)

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.