Have: Crimson Clover

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I bought a packet of Crimson Clover for me to grow but unfortunately it's a 2 lbs bag. note: Ooops I should specify that I'm not sending the whole 2lb bag as a trade. Instead I'm dividing it amongst 2"x2" baggies so that I can send it to multiple people. Just let me know how many 2"x2" bags y'all want.

What I'm interested in:

Note: if you have something to offer that is not on the lists below, please offer. Especially edibles, I love edibles and herbs.

Edibles:
Eggplant - I prefer small fruited or at least a small enough plant for container growing. Would love multiple colors as well.
Peppers - Hot or mild. Please no bell peppers. Honestly I'll take any, I love growing peppers.
Specific Peppers I'd like to grow - Pizza Pepper, Purple Jalapeno, Fooled You Jalapeno
Asian greens and vegetables that can be eaten raw in salads
Mizuna
Summer Squash - any color, any shape
Pineapple Ground Cherries
Purple Tomatillos
Basil - I like ALL basils, would like some new ones
Herbs, Grains, Oca

Flowers:
Hummingbird favorites - please no mixes.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2012 11:10 AM

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I have fresh Ghost Pepper seeds - they are very hot! They were harvested yesterday and need to be dried. Dmail me, please.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> I would like to trade it for any of the following:
>> Asian greens and vegetables that can be eaten raw in salads

There I can help you!

Here's a link to a list of what I have, currently split up into small, sample-size pkts, like 1/16th tsp or 50-100 seeds each.
Those I would be happy to share for postage.

list: http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/thread/view_post/813937/
whole thread: http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/thread/view/64625/

These are what I'll have most of, once they are delivered from eThaiGrocer:
:
- - - China Green Baby Bak Choy = Brassica rapa (Chinesis Group)

- - - Yu Choy Sum = Flowering Pak Choy = Brassica rapa (Chinesis Group) or Brassica rapa var parachinensis - or - Brassica rapa var purpurea / (Purpuraria Group)

- - - Gai Lan = Brassica oleracea (Alboglabra Group) "Hong Kong Gai Lan" Chinese Kale/ Chinese Broccoli

Here's a summary of the numbers of varieties I've collected:

6 - - - White Stem Bok Choy = Pak Choi = Brassica rapa (Chinesis Group)
5 - - - Green Stem Bok Choy = Pak Choi = Brassica rapa (Chinesis Group)
2 - - Yu Choy Sum = Flowering Pak Choy = Brassica rapa (Chinesis Group) or
Brassica rapa var parachinensis - or - Brassica rapa var purpurea / (Purpuraria Group) (Hon-Tsai- Tai ?)

2 - - Tatsoi = Rosette Bok Choy = Brassica rapa (Narinosa Group)

2 - - Komatsuna "Spinach Mustard" = Brassica rapa (Komatsuna Group) (turnip family)

4 - - Gai Lan = Brassica oleracea (Alboglabra Group)

3 - - Asian Herbs (small quantities)
3 - - Non-Brassicas (small quantities)

>> >> Mizuna
I think I probably have a tiny amount left of this, from a trade from Merrymath, but would split with you so you can try this one:
MIZUNA - Japanese Mustard - Brassica rapa var. nipposinica

Instead, aree you interested in Komatsuna (also mustardy?)

>> unfortunately it's 2 lbs. I would like to trade it for ...

Have you priced postage? Last time I looked into mailing someone some cover crop seeds, the postage cost more than buying the seeds locally. But that was First Class Package rates (bubble mailers, $6.40 per pound or 30-50 cents / ounce). I've never looked into cheaper USPS rates for heavy packages.

If you would like a few ounces each of my 1-2 year old Fall Rye or "Cover Crop Mix", you can have it for postage (but that's a very bad deal!)

Ooops I should specify that I'm not sending the whole 2lb bag as a trade. Instead I'm dividing it amongst 2"x2" baggies so that I can send it to multiple people. Just let me know how many 2"x2" bags y'all want.

I just sent you a dmail, Tiki.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

you have Dmail

This message was edited Jan 16, 2012 2:52 AM

LazLO - HELLO! Where have you been? We've missed you! Are you doing o.k.?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello, Kay!

You've got Dmail.

Lazlo, we are SO HAPPY to hear from you!

Kay, LazLo - your seeds will go out as soon as we can leave. We are sort of snowed in at the moment lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.