Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Patti, enjoy your day!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by pirl
Thomaston, CT

It feels like a great day to garden on Nantucket....enjoy yourself!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy b-day patti!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday! Put your feet up and take a work break today!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Patti - the grand lady of gardening! Hope you're having a great day.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy belated Birthday, Patti!

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Happy belated birthday from the frigid Valley - snow today/tonight.

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
East Bridgewater, MA

I agree with 'flowAgen': plop down on the sofa, and put your feet up.

You deserve it after all that great gardening last year!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy belated birthday, Patti. May your gardens always prosper.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Happy happy Birthday, Patti! Hope you are having a really lovely day! :)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I had a really stupid birthday that found me stuck in Hyannis alone, after I missed the boat and last plane to get home for a nice dinner that my DH was cooking for me. I was trying to get down from Boston when I got in a huge traffic jam. I went out to dinner for bad Mexican food alone but was smart enough to avoid eating any beans. I slept in a house in West Yarmouth that I did the design renovations for a few years back that I have been given Life Rights to crash in as needed. The heat was on, but the water was turned off while the owners are in Santibel for 3 months, so I had to make a quick exit to a coffee shop in the AM to use their facilities.

Then I decided that flying in 60 mile an hour winds wasn't the way I wanted to spend the day after my birthday and the boats had been cancelled so I was stuck again until early evening when the winds finally laid down. I did some shopping, and spent money that I shouldn't have and was pretty bored all day. I was happy to get home in time for dinner. But then my computer wouldn't work so I was dealing with that all day yesterday. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Today I am dealing with taking down the Xmas decorations,long last and trying to catch up on a pile of mail and computer messages. So I hope I am back to somewhere close to normal, but mostly happy to see all of your nice birthday wishes. DG is my continuity, my grounding point each day, and my source of inspiration, and information, so thanks again to you all, always, Love Patti

PS. I had another good doctors appointment last Monday so I got another get out of jail free pass for the next 6 months. Yippee. Plus Bert (Bleek) has a lily bulb sale going on right now. Double yippee.

Thomaston, CT

Oh, Patti...how frustrating! But....a great doctor's report that was worth it all!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow what a nightmare.. sorry to hear it babe.. Hope DH made it up to you!!!.. glad to hear about the doc results!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy belated birthday Paitti!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Patti.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks again, My birthday was all belated, but all is well.

I am heading back to Vt tomorrow to work with the electrician on those plans. I just hope I don't get stuck somewhere again. The house is coming along. Old posts and beams going back in and exposed in the old carriage house so it is looking more like it did a hundred years ago only now it is integrated into the house and the old two seater outhouse that was sealed up in the corner is gone. Old is good, but that was too weird. The insulated roof panels are going on today, so as soon as the windows/doors arrive it can be buttoned up and warm with some heaters. Poor carpenters. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

luv it Patti

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they need the warmth now!!.. guess it's a good incentive to work faster though

Thomaston, CT

It will be beautiful!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience on your birthday, Patti, but I'm a firm believer that when roadblocks are put in our way, they may be placed there by Angels keeping us safe. Your VT house is an exciting project, and you will find it wonderful come summer, I'll bet. Very happy to hear about your good doctor visit! That's a wonderful bday present.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Louise, Ha, I do like a good roadblock when it takes you some place new and beautiful. My bout with cancer a couple of years ago took me back to pottery after 40 years. That was a wonderful detour.

I met with the electrician and plumber this week in Vt. I also did some tweaking with carpentry details, and that is now done except for cabinets. I hope the windows and doors come soon. I froze just being out there for a couple of hours. I don't know how those guys work outside all day. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

DH says you get use to it, he said it takes time but eventually being inside seems to hot. :) He's been retired from Carpt. for 9 years now and misses it but said he'd freeze now in this weather.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

See...you know just what I mean! So glad you have turned that corner, Patti. It's nice that you have those beautiful pots to show for your detour! I can't help being excited for you about the VT house excitement. I love nothing more than renovating a house...once it's done! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.