January 11th, 2012: Lisianthus 'Double Mariachi Blue Picotee' (Eustoma grandiflo

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for January 11th, 2012 was Lisianthus 'Double Mariachi Blue Picotee' (Eustoma grandiflorum).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2012-01-11

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful!!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

So gorgeous. Love all the swirls! Terrific photo.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love it!!!

Havelock, Canada

Calf_Sue - I see that you are in Zone 9a. What zone is this flower hardy to? It is just too beautiful for words.
Wow.

Regards
Elaine

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Procrastinator, this is not my photo, the photographer is shown at the bottom of the photo, dawndoll2 took this lovely shot.
If you click on the link above then scroll down, there is another link on the left "View much more information
about this plant at PlantFiles." and it shows that these blooms are annuals so anyone should be able to grow them in the warm months.
On that Plantfile, you can also click on the genus name 'Eustoma' and it shows several additional entries showing all the beautiful color ranges of these blooms.

Havelock, Canada

Thanks

Is my face red or what? Thanks for the info and the direction. This is on my Want list for sure.

Gratefully

Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.