Printer and computer compatibility? Desparing here

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Okay, so I'm not at ALL savvy about computers. My HP printer recently bit the dust, so hubby and I bought another one. Like a dummy, I assumed ALL HP printers would be compatible with all HP computers. I guess I was wrong. . . everything went fine until the PC couldn't find software for the new printer. And when I try to find out if the two are compatible at the hp website, my computer freezes (yes, its 5 yrs. old and needs RAM also). So I'm in a bind.

Is there any way someone can check the hp website and see if a Pavilion f503 desktop would be compatible with a Deskjet 3050A eall-in-one? I'd be so grateful. I guess its the lack of Ram that is causing it to freeze frequently so I can't research it myself. (More Ram is on the way). Thanks loads!

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!