DG Album Block Swap

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

*********CLOSED 01/10/2012*****

Well, l am not sure if we are all ready to start a new swap but I am going to put this out and see what we get for responses. This challenge is a little different as I am going to do this in sets of 6, limit 2 sets per person. This is an applique swap for all skill levels and styles of applique hand or machine. Please be sure you use pre-washed fabrics, these are a lot of work don’t want to lose any because of bleeding. Make sure whatever style of applique you use your block will be washable by the recipient when their quilt is assembled. If you use embellishments they must be secure; and not too heavy everyone these are going in the mail. Your sets will be mailed to me. I will separate and mail them to all of you. Please make sure you identify your blocks you will get back as many blocks as you send up to the limit of 12 (2 sets), you need to send me your blocks in a SASE. Please put your DG Album blocks in a Ziploc baggie write your screen name and how many sets you are sending. You will get back the exact number of blocks you send, if you want one of your own blocks please make one for yourself as you will not get your own back. Sign up for this will close Feb. 10th 2012. The completed blocks should be here to me by or before May 10, 2012. The mailing date will be May 14th ,2012. Here are the swap guidelines….

1. Background block must be off white. (Quilters Choice for TOT or plain).
2. Applique must depict you and your personality . (Ex: Baltimore style/ Friendship block)
3. You may embellish any way you wish as long as it is secure and washable.
4. Applique colors are quilters choice to suit personality.
5. Block Size you make is 12.5 that will finish at 12 inches.

Ok I am hoping for 12 people to sign up for this more are welcome please DM me if you want to participate in this swap. You only need to commit to six blocks, 12 if you want a bigger quilt. Sign up starts now closes Feb 10 or sooner if we get 12

1. Quilter5bdsr -- 2 sets (12 Blocks)

2. Cheriffic -- 2 sets

3. abbisgranma -- 2 sets

This message was edited Jan 8, 2012 12:33 PM

This message was edited Jan 10, 2012 5:10 PM

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!