Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1231353

This picture from 2010

This message was edited Dec 27, 2011 7:09 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

it is a beautiful picture indeed.. can I show one of mine from an earlier date?
July 2010

Thumbnail by joeswife

I've got to grow one of Becky's Mauve Splash sds this coming summer. The flowers were beautiful
Very pretty Debra. Love the soft color

Thumbnail by patootie

I have to tell you Jackie Dear, your photo expertise has improved greatly this past year.. the post above is absolutely beautiful.
july 2011 pandurata

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra, if I capture a good pic on occasion, its thanks to my new camera, lol
Beautiful pandys Debra. You're photos are always exceptional. We have some great picture takers here
on our forum.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie and Debra.

I had a few nice blooms this morning worth showing. This was a real small bloom but still neat.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

The color on this one is really nice.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And Mauve Splash was really nice, I'm glad it's blooming as I was testing different seeds to see what I'd get.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And this real nice blue bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Helena, they're all very beautiful... but that first one that looks hand-painted — sublime! (-:

This message was edited Dec 30, 2011 1:05 PM

Beautiful blooms Helena. Your Mauve Splash is special with all that blizzarding.
I agree with Nick, the 1st bloom is a beauty.

I Love the blue, but that splash is excellant!

Gautier, MS

Thank you Nick, Jackie and Debra. I did enjoy those blooms a lot.

Some more blooms from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's another one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And a dark one.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms and awesome photo's Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Just 2 blooms today for my quiet moments before everyone awakes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And a very light one.

Have a great day everyone!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wonderful blooms Helena. Those were shot inside your greenhouse?

This message was edited Jan 2, 2012 11:15 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.. Yes most pictures of the blooms are taken inside my gh, sometimes I take the vines outside to take pictures too. All the blooms I'm getting now are from inside the gh, though today I didn't have any good ones. It's getting a bit nippy again but we have not had a real bad frost yet. I still have some tropical plants blooming close to the house where they do get a bit of protection. Three months to go before we can have plants outside again.

beautiful! I keep missing the oppurtunities to get shots of bloms downstairs, noticed my sharp pod is blooming, and a large red w/white edge is blooming, and stictocardia is all over the jungle room ceiling, full of buds about to open.

Looking forward to your pics Debra, esp stictocardia.

My ochracea has a few buds forming.

oh cool. please post them when they open, mine has not ever bloomed. maybe this winter?

Will do Debra
I hope you start to get blooms this winter

here is sticto, it is blooming now

Thumbnail by joeswife

more shots, it is up in the ceiling vining along a wooley string, so it is hard to get good shots, but I will take what ever I can get ATM..

Thumbnail by joeswife

moonflower vine is budded up again.. it is in another room by a window..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Love seeing everyone's blooms. They're all so pretty and cheer me up with the grey days of Winter. Keep 'em coming.

Fruity, ya gotta get ya one of these.. I will send ya one this summer, but they bloom in winter.... would do good over a kitchen window, or any south facing window, but mine is under lights in the jungle room.

An absolutely gorgeous stictocardia bloom Debra. Love the color.

Helena, Missed your last post. Are you in zone 8.? The last few nites we've had temps in the 20's.
Tired of the cold weather already.

Deb, I can't see very well so today I almost pulled a yellow leaf, so I thought, off my ochracea. Turned out it was my
1st bloom on ochracea.
Here it is, just for you, lol

Thumbnail by patootie

oh that is beautiful! I had one lil flower this summer, tried to save the vine before freeze, brought it in, it didn't make it. I thin I have another one somewhere.. meanwhile.. here is a bloom college girl picked off the vine downstairs..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I hope my vine makes pretty blooms like yours Debra, maybe by next year.

Jackie, I'm in zone 8. Love your gorgeous bloom too. I hope I get a bloom or two from my vine this winter. Is it a small bloom Jackie? The color on yours is really nice.

Thanks Debra and Helena. Debra., I can look for the sds I ordered from Cat in Texas and send you a couple.
I had ordered a few from her about 3 yrs ago cause I thought I was going to lose my vine.
Your sticto is a lovely color, not much orange showing so I really like it.

Helena. I had pruned this back and repotted it late summer. So compared to previous yrs, its a small vine.
The bloom today was only 2 and 1/2 inches but as the vine gets larger, the blooms will be 3 inches across,
a nice size.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty color and bloom Jackie. I also got my seeds several years ago from Cat. I had a vine with small blooms several years ago but the cold got to it and I let it die.

This neat bloom today is from 2009 seed from one I called incredible blue.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A nice bloom from dusty mauve.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

2 beautiful blooms Helena. I guess we can start looking forward to this summers blooms.
But in the meantime, we can all enjoy your lovely winter blooms. Wish I had a few going but too many problems
this past yr and not enough time.

Silky Blue in 09. This one came from Joseph

Thumbnail by patootie

love the blue, Helena... and thanks, Jackie, I still have seeds and a live vine growing, got my seeds from Cat too! LOL
the first mauve bloom i ever had was the one that got me over the "blues"
or, maybe the first akatsu no mai from Karen? anyway.. we love them all, right?

i loved the silky blue from joseph too... course u know i am a sucker for blues..

Thumbnail by joeswife

A lovely blue Debra. I love the light colored powdery blue blooms as much as the darker blue blooms.
I think its safe to say we love em all, lol

blues are fantastic, but this Roman Candy was the first white tipped magenta I ever grew(2010), and was thrilled with it.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.