Anywhere To Buy 6 Pack Coleus In Spring?

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Howdy All:

I've seen it mentioned here and there on other forums, but how about north Georgia? I've really become attached to Coleus but they're just too expensive for my in the way they're sold around here. IE 99 cents per pint. I'm interested in hundreds this spring either by six pack (if I can find them) or go to NC Farms for rooted plugs.

http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/index.php?cPath=65_79

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi,,, can't help you, but I love those coleus too.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I get them at Wal Mart and Lowe's.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Six packs are becoming harder and harder to find because the garden dept. folks can't keep them adequately watered. Instead you now have "landscape packs" of twelve to fifteen plants that are seeded into much larger trays with a water retentive medium. The plants are pretty much the same size but the root mass is significantly larger if you are looking to do baskets. They are also appreciably more expensive than six packs.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Could also have to do with my location as the local Lowes garden manager says we're "at the end of the line" (or last delivery) when it comes to choice. Seems the places nearer to Atlanta have more variety. Oh well. I could use some low growers as the plugs I bought (too many) are mostly knee high types.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.