What can you tell me about a Tablet or Ipad?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I think I want to get some sort of Ipad or Tablet. I've never had one and am not quite sure what all they'll do. My bosses uses one most of the time instead of lugging her laptop everywhere. She loves it. So I'm guessing a tablet is much like a mini-computer. Am I right?

I have a laptop but I don't like to lug it around either. I don't have a fancy cell phone with internet access and all the apps. But I think I could find some uses for a 7" tablet, especially when I am sitting in the doc's office with my mom.

I've looked at a lot of them but it makes my head spin. I don't want to spend a lot of money since I just bought the laptop. So can you tell me some of the better features I might need? I want to be able to listen to music, watch movies and surf the net wirelessly wherever I go. What resolution would I be happy with? What kind of processor or speed should I look for? What else should I be concerned with?

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated!

NancyAnn

This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!