CLOSED: Sock, Sniff and Sip Swap - Interest Thread

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

howdy yall! jist hearing bout this swap, an pretty interesting! dont beleive i will play...but will jist sit under the table and watch the fun...ok? hic! however did i miss it? hic!

jist luving all th fur babies, especiallly the parrot! use ta raise them....but they wouldnt stay outta me cuppa!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Jax somehow I can see you with a parrot on your shoulder and Baileys in the other hand. :0)

Carole, Pyewacket came from the old movie "Bell, Book and Candle" with Kim Novac and Jimmy Stewart. Her siamese cat was named that. When Frootz told me they were having kittens the first time and we knew we were going to get a couple we picked that name for one of them. We as it turned out the first litter only had one cat and he was black. But we decided to keep it anyway.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh the animals are a riot and so much fun. You guys have quite a collection.
I have never had my cat attack the printer. Sometimes if I am painting Hairy will try and slap at the end of the paint brush, which doesn't work well when I am doing fine lines, course any book or newspaper is a must to sit in the middle of.

I also picked up some things for the swap over the weekend. Great sales going on and this weekend will probably be better.
Debra, I know our no kill shelter in the city takes donations, I bet you have one in Wichita you can donate animal things to.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I think we live through our pets one way or another, don't we all wish we could run around and cause havoc on a human and get away with it. We can do funny things and listen to the laughter and as a cat I would love to turn around and smack a dog when he comes up and sniffs my butt.

In our area we have two rescue shelter thrift stores and they love donations like that for animals. We also have the Humane Society thrift store and horse resue society with a store. All take any kind of donations to sell to the public. Most try to keep dog and cat toys etc. for the shelter in the area. I have taken several bags of things to them and have bought loads of stuff after dropping items off. They make out pretty good when I show up.

Pacifica, CA

robyn, cant stop laughing very well put!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Robyn, u r a hoot! LOL
Tonight I made long sticks with twine and pheasant feather stick toys .. I hope my grand fur babies like their pressies from granma..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, that shows you how long it has been since I saw that movie (Bell, Book and Candle). Great kitty name, methinks.

Did some more shopping for this swap and a couple others. Oh, fun, fun, fun. :-D)))

^_^

This message was edited Dec 20, 2011 9:37 AM

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

My grey feels it's his right to taste anything I may be eating or drinking. Last night I had a mug of tomato soup and grilled cheese and he was right there glaring at me if I dared to sip too long on the soup. You have to watch him though 'cuz he is a dunker and will leave crumbs and chunks floating in your mug if you let him have a solid food in his foot while he sips from your mug.

If he is in his cage and knows I am eating something and not sharing, he does one of two things. If his small metal bowl is in his cage he throws it against the bars in protest over and over again. If he has his large metal bowl he takes his nails and scrapes it along the bottom of the bowl while he glares at you... he knows I can't stand either noise and will run to give him something to stop the sound. He got me trained very quickly!!!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Debra where in the world did you get pheasant feathers?? Haven't seen one in a very long time here. When I was kid they were all over the place back home. We even had them nesting in the flower beds at my Grandma's house.

Your bird sounds like a hoot. We tried the bird thing briefly here. Bout drove me nuts and then some. Had 2 love birds named Smith and Wesson. They were pistols for sure!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

If I don't talk to you all in the next few days, I'm letting you know now I'm going to be very busy, but will try to keep in touch. We went from Christmas being just the 2 of us to having the whole fam damily. So now I'm gonna be shopping and cleaning. I'm so glad I got all the baking done before now. whew I'm worn out already.

Merry Christmas to all of you and a very Happy New Year. Love and Hugs to all of you.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome Tina!!!! I have you down, would you please d-mail me your information including e-mail addy?

WAVING furiously at jax ....... hey sistah!!!!!! Glad you will be joining us as a spectator. Super glad to have you!

Thanks for letting us know Robin. Don't stress out and just HAVE FUN!!!!! I'm having the whole fam damily on my DH side for our Christmas on New Years Eve day. ^_^

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from jab91864 :
My grey feels it's his right to taste anything I may be eating or drinking. Last night I had a mug of tomato soup and grilled cheese and he was right there glaring at me if I dared to sip too long on the soup. You have to watch him though 'cuz he is a dunker and will leave crumbs and chunks floating in your mug if you let him have a solid food in his foot while he sips from your mug.

If he is in his cage and knows I am eating something and not sharing, he does one of two things. If his small metal bowl is in his cage he throws it against the bars in protest over and over again. If he has his large metal bowl he takes his nails and scrapes it along the bottom of the bowl while he glares at you... he knows I can't stand either noise and will run to give him something to stop the sound. He got me trained very quickly!!!

LOL ... I had a Cockatoo at one time and that was very much like having a 2-year-old around ALL the time. And talk about an escape artist. Pitch a hissie fit if he couldn't get out of his cage. Yep, they have us trained in no time, jab. :-D)))

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...........jist luvs that "fam damily"!!!! lol

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Merry Christman Robyn. Have a good time and don't stress!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and Happy New Year to all my DG friends.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Buttoneer, and I wish the same to you and your loved ones! That's a beautiful variegated Poinsettia bloom. I hope you're planning to join us!

Patti, these are my preferences but I'll be happy with any of the the SSS's my buddy picks for me.
For SOCKS I'm good with regular ones, toe socks, fuzzy socks...any length...or windsocks. Size 8 shoes.
For SNIFF, I like clean-smelling scents like Linen, Ocean, Cucumber, any kind of Citrus, and earthly scents like Evergreen, Sandalwood and Patchouli. My least favorite scents are especially sweet ones like Gardenias and food, but I do love Chocolate, Vanilla and Cinnamon.
For SIP the stronger the coffee the better. We have a regular brewer and a Keurig machine that uses pods. Hot chocolate (white or milk) and cappuccino are all good, and I enjoy trying wines from other regions of the Country. No food or drink allergies.

Favorite scent in oils... Are we talking about body oils or sticks? My all time fav body oil is Skin-So-Soft. If we're talking sticks I like earthly ones like musk and sandlewood.
Favorite scent in lotions...anything clean smelling like cucumber, citrus, linen, aloe and beachy scents. I'm not fond of super sweet scents like Roses or Gardenias.
Favorite drink flavors...hazelnut creamer in a strong cup of coffee, Hot White Chocolate, cappuccino, any flavor of Crystal Light packs are easy to add to a bottle of water, and I drink a lot of Diet Berry Green Tea.
Favorite colors...any on the color wheel.
Fruits or Chocolates...never met a fruit I didn't like 0:) and am with Joy with the various chocolate covered fruit. Although I can't stand chocolate covered cherries. Prefer dark chocolates like Dove's, Lindt's, Ghirardelli and Godiva.

Seeing everyone's critters is fun! Robyn (monkey), we've been owned by two Fawn pugs in the past. Both of them were such loves. They're gone now but I found this photo in my archives of them posing together Christmas Eve 2000. I'm sure you know the saying, 'You haven't been loved til you've been owned by a Pug." It was so true with ours :)

This message was edited Jan 2, 2012 10:42 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Crit I just can't stand it, I HAVE to sign up for this one it is calling my name !!!!! I will edit later to put in my Likes and Dislikes..........

Pacifica, CA

awwww love the pugs

got my socks done 1/4 of slip hmmm sounds like a out of control box again lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Synda, it is so nice to see you! Welcome to the swap!

I'm putting you down Synda! Welcome to our swap. Please dmail me your address, phone # and e-mail. Thx.

I was thinking, you might want to put your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post. I have gotten things before that were too small. I have BIG FEET! lol

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good idea, Crit.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I have been trying out some new recipes of old things and have really hit the mark with my "new" coconut macaroons, white chocolate fudge and eggnog fudge. My old recipes were cloyingly (is that a word?) sweet and these new ones are not dietetic but earn a wow factor. The macaroons have orange zest and cranberries in them, when I open the lid the sniff is wonderful. The eggnog fudge is the same way, you pop open the tupperware and you smell nutmeg and eggnog with a hint of bourbon. I already have a couple pair of fun socks, so I am really getting set for this one!!

Joy

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Joy that fudge sounds divine. I broke down and made some Scottish shortbread the other day. Had some good Amish butter I treated myself to and I used whole wheat pastry flour and evaporated cane juice. They are very tasty considering they don't have any refined stuff in them.

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I haven't done any baking at all this year. My oldest daughter was over last week and asked why aren't we baking yet...
My mom got her Christmas package from me and told me Julie I dug all the way to the bottom of that box and there were no Christmas cookies/candy, did you forget...lol.

Talk about the guilt!!! I'm just really tired and haven't been in the baking mood.

Tonight after work I have to make the deserts for the family dinner tomorrow. Maybe it will jump start me to throw together a quick cookie tray or something...
I had originally planned on doing fudge, some salted whiskey caramels (new recipe I got online) and flavored marshmallows along with my usual cookie concoctions .

I hope everyone is blessed with a wonderful holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neener, what is evaporated cane juice?

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

LK Evaporated Cane Juice is an organic type of sugar. Very minimally processed. They squeeze the cane and then dry it. It isn't pure white.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Pacifica, CA

merry christmas everyone

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Frootz that little Mickey is too cute for words.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

M C from me too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!!!!

Joy, those maccaroons sound great! I love them.

I haven't baked anything since Thanksgiving. I HAVE to bake cookies and wrap presents TODAY. I'm having Christmas with my grandkids tomorrow and they always expect cookies from Grams! Spoiled too, I know. Need to get their presents wrapped up and loaded so I can leave early in the morning. I don't know what's with me this year...... have not been able to get into the mood, keep procrastinating!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. My family had a wonderful time and always late as usual but that's ok, that' my family.
Scared to go to the garden room, not sure the last day I watered.....dang, I do this every year. I get all busy

Crit, here you go, couldn't be easier, and not too sweet. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

Coconut-Cranberry Macaroon
about 24 cookies

Ingredients
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
• Finely grated zest of 1 orange
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
• 3 cups (about 8 ounces) finely shredded unsweetened coconut
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk the sugar, egg whites, cranberry, orange zest, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Toss the coconut with the egg mixture until completely coated.
Moisten your finger tips with water. Form about 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter into pointed mounds or pyramids on the prepared pans, spacing them about 1-inch apart.
Bake until the edges are golden brown and the entire macaroon is nicely toasted and dry, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve.
Store macaroons in a tightly sealed container for up to a week.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Oh Joy, macaroon is my favorite cookie, favortie. That sounds wonderful!

Those sound really good. Never made macaroons before.

Couldn't believe how easy they were to make, and how quick. I am the main coconut person in the house so I thought I would have free rein but both my guys like them as well. Enjoy!!!!!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Joy, thanks for sharing your recipe! Thinking I may need to give these a try some time :)
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Michelle

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Joy I love your little goats. Are they new??

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.