CLOSED: Sock, Sniff and Sip Swap - Interest Thread

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

This is an interest thread for a new swap to be held in January 2012. A New Swap for a New Year! :-) It would be a person to person secret swap, with each person given a buddy to send to.

The SOCK could be anything from warm fuzzy socks to wind socks. Any type of sock would work
The SNIFF could be anything scented such as candles, bath items, good smelling food, etc.
The SIP could be any type of beverage to sip such as coffees, teas, hot chocolate, wine (hmmm), etc. (Please be sure if you send something liquid, that is is packed well in bubble wrap, so it does not break!) You could also include something to sip their beverages 'from'.

I will ask the participants to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges) The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. You are not required to include every item on someones list, this is just a guide. You might include your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your secret partner. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 15, 2012.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Have I left anything out? This is my first swap to hostess, but I have a couple of the best ones giving me a hand.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post. Sign-ups will be through
January 10, 2012 and swapee's assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by January 31, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I'm looking forward to doing this swap and hope everyone else does too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Participants>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like/Dislike link is posted next to the names for your convenience

Crit/Patti - Hostess - December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8946898 & January 2, 2012, 12:49 PM,
Post #8951445

monkeymomr/Robyn - December 28, 2011, 04:00 PM, Post #8945601

taters55/Linda Kay - December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM, Post #8929881 & January 2, 2012, 06:56 AM, Post #8951034

rvnsbrk/Neener - December 16, 2011, 05:54 PM, Post #8932477

joeswife/Debra - December 26, 2011, 10:16 PM, Post #8943769 & December 27, 2011, 09:59 PM,
Post #8944989

rouxcrew/Joy - December 16, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8932422 & January 2, 2012, 06:26 PM,
Post #8951943

Robynznest/Robin - December 15, 2011, 03:36 PM, Post #8930890 & December 16, 2011, 03:29 PM

happgarden/Joyce - January 2, 2012, 12:56 PM, Post #8951453

deejay/Sue - December 15, 2011, 06:00 PM, Post #8931068

Fruit of the Vine/Susan - December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM, Post #8938814 & January 2, 2012, 9:33 PM,
Post #8952217

lizrainey/ - December 15, 2011, 10:15 PM, Post #8931367 & January 3, 2012, 06:40 AM,
Post #8952459

Cville_Gardener/Carole - December 16, 2011, 02:12 PM, Post #8932167

froggiesgirl/Julie

GardenQuail/Michelle - December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM, Post #8932757

jab91864/Julie December 17, 2011, 11:50 AM, Post #8933159

Tina_A/ December 19, 2011, 03:42 AM, Post #8935117

synda/Synda - December 27, 2011, 12:10 AM, Post #8943825

goldhillal/Crystal - December 29, 2011, 07:15 AM, Post #8946314 & January 3, 2012, 09:01 AM,
Post #8952577

This message was edited Jan 5, 2012 1:22 PM

Thumbnail by Crit
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up please?

Any type of sock would work, I wear a size 8 shoe, but my slippers are a size 9...
I love scented candles, lotions... floral's, aloe, cucumber...
Favorite scent in oils... bath and body works eucalyptus spearmint, but kind of pricey if it is not on sale...
Favorite Flavor in drinks?... Bailey's, A&W root beer, lemon hot teas, hot chocolate, wine...
Favorite colors? Purple, blue, yellow...
fruits or choclates? Chocolate...

This message was edited Jan 3, 2012 8:16 AM

YEA LK. Glad to have you!

I'm trusting in you and Fruity to help me out on this and keep me in line. ^_^

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

No problem just holler if you need help.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Sign me up please. I'm in the exchange but will send you a d mail also. This is going to be so fun. Robyn

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey everyone! What a great way to start the New Year. Love those socks you're wearing, Patti...lol You know I'm in and from what I can tell from reading your guidelines, you're not going to need my help at all and am tickled to participate in the first swap you've hosted! Bet it won't be your last......

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Haven't done any swaps for a while because I haven't been in the mood. This one sounds like something I could handle. Sign me up Patti. I'm in the exchange.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Can I be in?

Welcome girls! Love to have you! Debra .... of COURSE you can be in you silly girl!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Me, Me, Me!!!!! (Waving her hand furiously) Wanna do it, please!!?!

You got it chickie ....... (furiously waving hand back!!!!) Welcome!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I so wanna be in on this. I'm in the exchange and can d-mail you my phone number.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ONE QUESTION if this is a jan swap shouldn't our SSS'S be Delivered in JAN ??? hope know one gets up-set with the ???.we have two-three weeks to shop even know :) if we sign up now .
i even shop now for valentine's day in FEB .

if no one objects to receiving from me in jan I would love to join :) I Have sat & sun to shop so i will be looking for my christmas list Items PLUS For the SSS Swap . :)

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Toes waving to join, don't these toes look like they need some color. Work colors are so boring and the computer room is so COLD.

Edited to add my likes/dislikes:
Don't do any kind of coffee, must be allergic it gives me the hiccups (honest)
Do hot chocolate, teas
Do do wine.... ;) sweet white wines
Do any kind of chocolate except dark chocolate
Can't do air scents, dh has allergies
Do like scented soap or bath powder that will work
Do like food...rofl, no allergies there
Do warm socks, Missouri is very cold in the winter
Hope this helps my Bud

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 8:49 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden

Quote from deejay9 :
ONE QUESTION if this is a jan swap shouldn't our SSS'S be Delivered in JAN ??? hope know one gets up-set with the ???.we have two-three weeks to shop even know :) if we sign up now .
i even shop now for valentine's day in FEB .

if no one objects to receiving from me in jan I would love to join :) I Have sat & sun to shop so i will be looking for my christmas list Items PLUS For the SSS Swap . :)

The sign-up will end January 15th with boxes to be mailed out by January 31st. You could start putting together things for you buddy, then when you get your name add some personal things they put on their want/like/dislike post. You could mail your box as soon as you get your name ..... as early as January 16th. Plans are everyone will be mailing their boxes by Jan.31st or at least so their buddy can receive by that date. I just wanted memberships paid up to Feb 15th so if there is a problem I can reach the participants. Hope this clears it up.

I take it you are "in"?

So glad to have you happ and Robyn ...... and deejay if you decide you want in! Welcome! I hope this will be a fun swap!

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 3:32 PM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll start gathering this next week if this is a go. BTW I am allergic to oranges and most other citrus items, I can't even stand the smells of them. But it's a go on anything else. I'd even take chocolate bars, They work great in cocoa.

Thumbnail by Robynznest
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

What a cutie baby there Robyn! Is that your buddy? Does he have rubber shoes for the snow? Oh I forgot we aren't going to have any of that in Missouri this year...rofl.

I put chocolate bars in my cocoa too. There's just something about the decadent rich flavor that gets me. The pup is adorable. I have one and if she had to go out in snow she would sue me. She doesn't even like getting wet. LOL.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I"M IN I was just Pulling your Toes About time Limit >:)

My loves are windsock or whirlies RED-WHITE-BLUE is cool with me
I do not do socks with toes in them But I Do Love warm Bobby Socks Size 7-9
any colors .

I DON'T DO CANDLES & I LOVE THEIR SCENTS ,BUT I CAN DO AIR FRESHENERS , PLUG INS,
LAVENDERS, ORANGES , CINNAMON, VANILLAS, MOST ALL SCENTS
as for My SNIFFER I'm A Big COFFEE Drinker I Go through 2 coffee pots a yr :) But in between I Also Love
MINT Flavored Hot Cocoa , VANILLA OR GINGERS FLAVORS , I WILL LOVE ANY SURPRISES :)
OH & I Found a New Love for
MIKE"S HARD BLACK CHERRY LEMONADE JUST TO RELAX AFTER A LONG DAY GOOD NIGHT ALL .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Our doggy loves his groomer and being bathed in the sink between appointments but have to push him out the door in Winter to do his 'business'.

hmmmmm.....my name's not up there...yet...lol

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm in please and thank you!!

The hard lemonade would deffinatly be warming. YYYYUUUUMMMM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

"Pebbles' loves to go out in the snow, she runs and eats it as she goes, but she can only stay out a few minutes in the stuff and then she can't hardly walk. I go out and shovel a big area for her to do her business. Would love to find waterproof booties for her that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I have to find her another heavy coat, the one she has now is about worn out. hmmm think I'll hit the thrift store next week and check out baby sweaters for her.

Hard lemonade sounds good but I think I'll go eat some rum balls. Maybe have an Amoretto on the rocks.

Goodnight all.

Do you have a Target store there. This week they have a ton of doggy sweaters in the dollar bins. Lily won't leave a sweater or jacket on so I gave up. My daughter got a boxer a year ago and he thinks that she is his mommy so she curls up with him and that keeps her warm.

Pacifica, CA

can you sign me up too!

i drink a lot of coffee , i like tea and cocoa too any kind I'm not fussy here.
don't do socks that have toes any other is great.
smells, i like everything except rose
foods, no cheese or coconut everything else good

This message was edited Dec 16, 2011 2:05 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This one sounds great ... sign me up too, Crit. ^_^

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Closest Target is 60 miles away. Wish it were closer. May have to take a trip next week, but do they all carry the same things in their dollar bins. I wonder.

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm in. Will come back to edit for likes/dislikes! love, julie

HI GIRLS! WOWZER am I excited about this swap. I have 9 before everyone after deejay so I know we will have lots of people to swap with. YES, I would definately say this will be a go! Sorry I haven't gotten you listed Fruity! :-( Will get everyone posted to the top with your info.

Robin .... how much does your baby weigh? I have some sweaters I got at Petsmart last year but they are too small as my little blind baby has gotten sooooooo chuncky! I would be glad to send them so someone can get some use. What a cutie!!!!!!

These are two of my furbabies, Bobbi and Bowzer.

Thumbnail by Crit
Pacifica, CA

crit what kind of dogs are those? cute as can be!
look like one of mine i have a fox terrior and a parson jack russell

Thanks! They are Rat Terriers. Kind of along the same terrier lines as yours.

Here they are on my bed. Bobbi likes to hide behind the pillow and curl up.

Thumbnail by Crit

This is Pistol. She will be 18 in a few months. She is my blind one and has gotten real chunky since this pictures was taken, because she can't exercise like she use to.

Thumbnail by Crit
Pacifica, CA

lol pistol looks like she puts everyone in their place poor baby.
mine are both wild,
and keep me on my toes my jack Russell just caused a big commotion
we got new blinds for the front room window, well he decided it was obstructing his view to bark at the mail man
so he spent the day chewing holes in then so he could stick his fat nose out to see who was at the door! hmmmm
got to love them!
actually when i saw that i died laughing told him OK point well taken.

OH MY!!!!! lol I keep the blinds on my floor to ceiling windows up about 8" so they can still see out, just because I didn't want them to tear them up.

Lily is a mini pin and was the runt. She weighs about 6 lbs. She was getting really fat until the boxer got here. He keeps her moving. She is about 7 years old. The first three years of her life was spent in a kennel with limited human contact. It took about a year for her to start being comfortable, but she still doesn't like strangers. She loves to hide behind the pillows or under the blankets. I don't know why she wont leave her sweaters on. It might get to hot when she's cuddled with Oscar De Lahoya, the boxer.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Likes/dislikes:
Socks -- like cotton socks, aloe-infused socks, toe socks ... wind socks too. Shoe size is 7½-8 and sock size is medium (5-10).

Sniff -- like vanilla, cinnamon, spices, berry, lavender, citrus, cucumber -- nothing floral or overly sweet smelling -- and not fond of bath oils, sprays and such things although love Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile soaps, both liquid and bars, as well as other pure soaps like that

Sip --
like just plain coffee, half-caff or decaff, but whole caff is just fine,
like organic teas of all kinds (green, black, whatever color)
like red, rose', and white wines, Amaretto, Irish Creme, and flavored liquors and liqueurs

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, candles and the like are probably not such a good idea ... no open flames due to the cats.

Soooo ... other "sniffs" I really like are food items (actual food): dark chocolate, sauces, pastas, soup fixins, spices (esp. exotic ones), jams and preserves, etc.

Favorite color is green, followed by orange, earth tones, and yellow ... also black

This message was edited Jan 3, 2012 11:34 AM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Crit. My baby just turned 2 on Thanksgiving. She weighs about 5 to 6 lb.s and keeps the Cowboy on his toes for sure. If it's below 50 out she won't go out unless she has a sweater or something on. She's a little chihuahua. People thinks she is a min pin. When I first got her and was training her to go outside, she was hilarious looking she kind of pranced so her feet barely touched the ground. We laughed so hard with the first snow, she acted like she was wading through something that stunk, now she loves it but not for very long and she gets tired of it after a couple of days. I think she longs for those 90 degrees weather like I do.

I'm going to mimick Caroles likes and dislikes except for the citrus and I love any kind of coffee, the only liquors I can't stand is Granny. You don't even want to know what I think of that. don't use bath gels, bubbles, but do use shower stuff.

This is the Cowboy.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2011 5:04 AM

Thumbnail by Robynznest
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Awww, he's a doll baby. ^_^ These dogs on this thread are all such little cuties.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.