Which approach is most effective for you?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Let's say you have 3 giant couches & you've washed all the slipcovers, linings AND cushion parts. Putting them together is a tedious, difficult chore. Do you:

1) Bull through & get the whole thing done, even though it takes 2 hours & you break 2 nails & can barely lift your arms afterward?
2) Just pick at it over the course of a couple days, knowing it will get done eventually?

I washed all these things on Oct. 7 in advance of my b'friend's visit. He helped put the frame covers on but then I bogged down because I needed to repair some of the cushion linings. Last night I decided to tackle the project just in case I felt like straightening up the house enough for Christmas decorations. And finished settling the last cushion just now. Helllooooooo, December Third!

I use my timer a lot for 'don't wannnnnnnnnnna!' chores but am not sure whether to rely on the baby-steps rule or just grit my teeth.

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!