December Weather - Here Comes Santa

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

December starting with a light covering of snow. Temp dropping into the 20's.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

29°/43°/22°
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Snow flurries this evening will give way to partly cloudy skies during the night. SSW winds shifting to NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Adina,
No rest for the weary, or, is that the wicked? ROTFL!!
Adorable doggies!!!

Sunkisssed,
You are a beautiful family!!

Rusty,
I had a sore throat for a day. You have my sympathy on your's and your neck. I hope both are better now.

Minnesippi,
Grinning over the snow and dead stops :o)

Pepper,
Grinning over the enthusiasm for snow. I was just telling DH I am not ready for it yet, LOL!

Jeanne,
Working with plants sounds wonderful! I need to go thru seeds to see what garden I'll be putting in next year, and send seeds out to a friend.

Celia,
I'll take the snow over the nasty wind :o(

Thanks for the fresh start Bernie,

It took me a while to get the house back in order and fall back into the routine with the Grandkids, and going to DD's for a day, which I did yesterday. I miss the kids already :o)

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Well it is cold in Flor--ee-da this morning...and I forgot to shut the windows last night... 44.1 at 7AM...58 in the house! Cats in my lap trying to keep warm. Puts me in the mood to put up the tree. Should warm up to 72 today, didn't make it there yesterday...Sunny.

(Zone 7a)

The winds weren't as bad at our house. This is just barely North of us. We have winds of 15-20mph now.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Wind-gusts-of-100-MPH-cripple-commute-knock-power/IjxfgKiMvkaRMGjkdb2wnw.cspx

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Temps in high 40s and sunny. Didn't need coat again today. Tomorrow that changes. lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

23°/40°/30°
Abundant sunshine. Cloudy with rain developing after midnight. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Sunkissed,
Whooo, I'll bet the house was cold!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEAR CELIA! LOVE YOU!

Pepper,
We hung the rest of the lights yesterday but had a bit of a sharp wind. Your day sounds nice!

We have a bit of ice on the back steps this morning so a passover rain must have fallen after dark. I went to bed early, so I never heard a thing!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

(Zone 7a)

Awwwwwww...thanks, Sally!!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I heard on the GMA and sure in Southern California got 150 mph windy hit alot of trees and power out 250,000 houses! This is first time in history in Southern California...

I get little bit better but still cough...

(Zone 7a)

Glad you're getting better, Rusty. I hate being sick.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rusty,
Thanks for the update. I haven't even had time to listen to any news and for once DH doesn't have the TV on.

I hope you get better soon. This is a bad month to get sick. Or get sick now, not later :o)

40s and mostly cloudy. Had some sprinkles a bit ago and more rain on the way. Snow taken out of forcast for here which I'm not happy about!! lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We have that cold front heading this way. It's supposed to rain over the next few days, and I didn't get the GH watered yet. Oh well. It's been cool enough maybe they are still damp. I'll try to check on them tomorrow. We may have a freeze next week, so they should be watered before then.....

Some family members got the crud so I started the Dayquil to try to head it off at the pass.......Had a major migraine a couple of days ago, but feeling better today so had to run errands, pay bills, groceries....you know the routine.

Dearest daughter was able to get a good deal on a laptop for my youngest granddaughter, and the other two are getting cash, so I just have a few things to pick up for the adults. Answered prayer!

It has been decided that we will have Christmas HERE. At least most of the deep cleaning got accomplished for TG, so I just have to vac, dust, and do floors. I hadn't planned to put up a tree, but I guess I will......2 ft or 6 ft....that is the question!

Sorry to hear about all of the storms, wind, lost of power. I can relate, only when we get those situations it's usually 95 deg. outside. I usually don't have to turn on our heat until Jan or Feb, but I've already had it on most of the past week of night and early morning. It's either pay the energy company or the vet for the babies.......Energy co. won.

Happy Holidays!
Jeanne

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40°/48°/33° Rain likely. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall around a half an inch. Cloudy with occasional rain... mainly this evening. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Pepper,
Don't worry, you'll get your snow eventually.

Jeanne,
How many plants do you have in your greenhouse?
I hope you can head off anything that's going around.
The crud. I wonder if it's a new thing or if it was around when I was a kid, under a different name. I am so thankful I don't have migraines and very symathetic for those of you who do. I'm glad you feel better.
Smiling over the good fortune to not have to run all over loking for gifts.
Sometimes a small table-top tree with the gifts piled on the floor look nice. Do you have a low table to bring a small tree just a few feet off the floor?

We get the boys today. I held off to give DD a chance to dose everyone. The twins have ear infection in one ear. That just started.The oldest has a perpetual cough that they insisted he get medicine for. It's been on-going for a year. They kept telling the Dr. that. He also got an asthma type medicine to open up his lungs. The middle boy seems to be healthy this time.

I know we're tired of sick boys!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

59° this morning and up to 77 today, should make it back to 80 by Tuesday before next front comes in. We are heading to north FL in our motorhome for a week to Stephen Foster State Park campground, they light the whole park in Christmas lights...It will get down below freezing mid week there...so getting my fuzzy boots out from under the bed and dusting them off. ☺ They will have snow flurries each night...don't laugh the only way I'm gonna see snow.

http://northfloridanow.com/stephen-foster-festival-of-lights-p5047-92.htm

Sorry to hear everyone catching bugs...take lots of vitamins and drink lots...clear liquids...that is. Rest if you can...ha!

Rusty I hadn't heard about CA. I've been busy cleaning and decoration this week and not watching TV. I'll have to look that up...Like Texas gal only time we see winds like that is during the hot months...in fact I've never seen winds like that ....really that is something.

Everyone take care this week...my husband and I don't have the fancy take on the road Internet phones, so won't be able to chat until we get back...remember only 22 more days...☺ he he.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

My son went thru numerous ear infections when he was a toddler, and my granddaughter for much of her young life......no fun! Oldest granddaughter had to have tubes put in her ears when she was a toddler.....had forgotten about that!

My daughter was allergic to milk from the time she was two yrs til nine yrs. One eight oz. glass would throw her into pneumonia. She ate her cereal with diluted liquid dairy creamer. I even cooked with it. She still has to be careful in the winter mos not to eat ice cream. She still has asthma. She is one of them with the Upper Respiratory Infection. She is coughing up green stuff. They gave her a steroid shot and antibiotics.

In my greenhouse I have 12 small plumeria trees, two mid size plumies, and one very large plumie, several ferns, 5 majesty palms, a bird of paradise, numerous airplane plants, aloe vera, a firecracker fern, wandering jew, think that's most of it.....I'll let you know if I forgot anything after I water. I just open the plastic enough to stick the hose in.....I can't walk in there or even step in there it is so full. It is an eight by eight gazebo enclosed with industrial strength shower curtains and a canvas cover. It worked a few years ago so hopefully it will this time. I tried it on the patio last year with the tan canvas side covers and plastic, but it did not work. I still ended up covering them up with sheets to add warmth.

I do have a table to put the tree on, so it might end up the smaller one. The last time I put the six footer up it was up for one and half years.....I have fibro and no body wanted to help take it down....so it stayed up. After I finally got it down I said, "NO MORE!!!!" The two foot is beginning to sound like the best idea!

I have insomnia....still haven't been to sleep all night....too much sugar before bed I think....my brain just won't shut down. I hope to go try again here shortly. I've already taken pain killers, and benedryl and melatonin.......yeah.

I think I'll put on some quiet music....you know they say it calms the beast.......

Take care!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sunkissed,
I'm grinning over your traveling to the cold when you temps sound so NICE!!
That sounds like an awesome place!ave a safe trip and a wonderful time!! I'll bet you look cute in your fuzzy boots :o)

I'm done shopping!!! I've not even started wrappping...

Jeanne,
The oldest has tubes, and had his adenoids out a year ago this month. Right after Christmas. He went thru it well and was barely sore after.

Your daughter has my belated sympathy. That's a real tough row to hoe when you are so little. I think that's the Grandson's problem. Always carrying upper respitory.

That's a neat assortment of plants. You just need an over-head sprinkler!

You know, I think I remember the tree being up for that long from another thread. It sounds familiar. I think the little tree sounds just as nice!

If I spend a lot of time on the computer close to bedtime I find all night long I dream about still being on. I try to run the mouse, read and everything. I don't think that's good, so I don't get on at night anymore.

I think the music is a good idea. Nap well :o)

Well, my last thread caught up on....here.

Have a nice day everyone!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well Santas sleigh will be working good. Started snowing about 2 PM. Very fine stuff, so it will probably be around for a long while. Temps only in the 20's for high all next week. Winter is here!

Winter hasn't reared it's head here enough to make me happy yet. lol.

Highs in the low 50s and rainy all day. Rain has mostly moved off so now just waiting for the cold front that is pummeling Nebraska and Iowa to hit us down here.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Finally went to sleep at daybreak this am and slept most of the day, so now I hope I can sleep tonight.

I didn't get to water today, so will try tomorrow. There's 60% chance of rain for tomorrow.

It was a very warm day today and not so cold tonight, but freeze is predicted for Wed am 32 deg.

Stay well everyone!

(Zone 7a)

We got a very light dusting of snow last night. It's mostly gone now. Very cold here for the next few nights, in the teens.

24 now and clear skies.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yesterdays snow.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
(Zone 7a)

Pretty! Are those kitty prints?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Could be with a dozen cats around here. No mice or rabbits!
Another shot.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

All snow chances for the week have now been pushed south of me. Grrrr......

Cold with temps in low 30s and mostly cloudy.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

27°/37°/21°
Partly cloudy. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Partly cloudy this evening with more clouds for overnight.

Bernie,
No snow, but the icy wind tells me winter is close.

Jeanne,
Some times you just need all that sleep at once. I hope it broke the insomnia.

Bernie,
Lovely picture, but for some reason I can't get into winter mode. I am not ready. I wonder why?

Pepper,
Cracking up over our "polar'' opposites :o)

I had the boys help put up Christmas decorations yesterday. They love to help :o)
I made refrigerator bread that I can bake from today, and I have more delicate Christmas things to put out. I love the quiet time I have with my snowglobes :o)

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Cloudy 28°
RealFeel® 13°

Oh so chilly this morning when I took my step-son to work ... Brrrr! I has to take him to work everyday...

Still not get better again as yesterday I was better then get worst coming back again...

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rusty,
I hear ya. My cold came back with a slightly sore throat, GRRRR! I'm drinking more tomato juice today. That seemed to kick it some the first time,

(Zone 7a)

Sally, I drink warm OJ. That seems to help me. You could switch it up with the tomato juice.

18º this morning. Chances for snow have been pushed south of us, as well. Southern Utah is getting the snow and we get the winds. BUT...we got lucky again and the bad wind is just barely north.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Quote from billyporter :
Rusty,
I hear ya. My cold came back with a slightly sore throat, GRRRR! I'm drinking more tomato juice today. That seemed to kick it some the first time,

I drink new brand Sunny D Orange Peach and it so taste good yummy!

(Zone 7a)

That does sound yummy!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We like sunny D. I haven't seen the peach. It should be good!

I've never tried warm oj.

I think I did need the sleep all at once. I've been sleeping really well now.

We have a cold front coming thru, Thurs it's supposed to be 30 deg.! Cooooold!!!!!!! It's not going to get much above 55 all week, but then it is December!

We got some more Christmas shopping done today so I am almost half done!
We've decided to put the big tree up this weekend since we are having Christmas here.

We have a mouse or critter in the attic I need to feed decon before we go up
there to get the tree down and the boxes of decorations. I guess we should shake the boxes abit to make sure nothing has taken up residence in the. Altho the kitties might have a field day if they had access to a real mouse!

The pictures of snow looks really pretty.

Sorry to hear of those who are not feeling their best. Hope you get well soon!

(Zone 7a)

I hope it's not a raccoon like in the Allstate commercial. }:-)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

No kidding!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's just a small mouse so that after it eats the decon it can get back out and not die in the wall. We did not know what kind of an animal it was.

That is the most horrible experience EVER. I could not even sleep in here during the two week process of it's decay last year. Everything had to be stripped and washed to get the smell out. YUK! Not pleasant!

We've not had much success with traps. I really do not have the funds to call a professional to get it out.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Quote from Texasgal77 :
We like sunny D. I haven't seen the peach. It should be good!

It new 1 gallon Sunny D Orange Peach jug...

Currently
Cloudy 25°
RealFeel® 10°

Had chance of flurries early but not much!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/watches-warnings/329440

This message was edited Dec 6, 2011 4:53 AM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

29°/31°/17°/
Through 10am: Periods of snow or snow showers will continue throughout the next six hours.. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
We have a few flurries ion the roof now.

Celia,
I never thought about warm OJ. That sounds good!
Awwww, cute little birdie!

Rusty,
YUM. I love the peach flavor!

Jeanne,
I have to laugh at myself. I was tired, but when I went to bed I was awake. Before I laid down, I started counting backwards from 100. I realized I was thinking right past the numbers, but I was getting all the numbers. There's no quieting a busy mind till it decides, I think :o)
Grinning again, DH just told me it will be back in the 40's later this week and I just said the same thing!
Grinning, the kitties would like nothing more than a live mouse, LOL!!

Celia,
I LOVE THOSE ALLSTATE COMMERCIAL!! He had me with the first one in his pink headband!
The Vikings on Capitol One run a close second!

Rusty,
I hope you get over what you have. I hope I get over what I have. I hope we all get better!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Will be sunny today, high of 16º

(Zone 7a)

The Capital One Vikings are hilarious!!!!! LOL

Cold. 22º and sunny.

High around 32 or so and sunny.

Got some snow early this morning but only a dusting. Made the morning commute in the area pretty bad though. Wrecks everywhere!! Lows in the teens.

Went to Crown Center and the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City last night with some friends. Walked around outside even though it was cold and had a great time!!

(Zone 7a)

We went to see Blue Man Group tonight. So much fun!

Clear and 18º.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Gee 31 is beginning to sound warm! haha! Thank goodness it is not 1 or 16! The last time it got down to 16 pipes all over town busted......that was about 1989!

Went out today. It was 44 and that seemed cold. Picked up a few more things for my youngest granddaughter.

Dearest daughter is still sick with that upper respiratory infection. She sounds really bad. Please keep her in your prayers. She is seeing a Dr. and taking all of her meds.

Went out while ago and tried to clip the top canvas cover of the gazebo to the plastic. Covered most of the plants in there with sheets. Checked the temp when I got back in.....instead of being warmer it was one degree colder in there. Oh well. Hopefully they'll be ok. I may try to find some bubble wrap to insulate it with.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.