Black Friday SalesAre You Shopping??

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I've been saving money and holding off on buy anything until these black friday sales. Are y'all catching these deals? I'm just thrilled with the bargains I've gotten.

I managed to snag a new Gateway computer, dual core, 6 gig ram, 1 TB hard drive, DVD/CDR drive, HDMI port, card reader, wifi and Windows 7 and lots of USB ports for $300 shipped. I also got a new Acer laptop, dual core, 4 gig ram, 500 gb hard drive, DVD/CDR, HDMI, wifi, card reader, wifi, Windows 7, 15.6" screen, and USB ports, for $360 shipped. And I bought a new wireless HP Officejet 4500 printer for $50. I can sell my old equipment for almost as much as I paid for these new ones.

I've waited all year patiently, saving money and checking out the specs to see exactly what I want. The equipment I've bought is upgradable and I know how to upgrade them myself if I need to. I tell ya, it feels good to know I'm going to have some "up to date" equipment again. And I did most of my shopping online. The printer I happened to catch at Sam's today when I went in to get groceries. I'd found the same printer online for $50 with $20 shipping, so I saved a few bucks by buying it a Sam's. I was surprised that Sam's wasn't swamped. I guess other stores were having better black friday deals. But if you don't want to deal with the crowds, the same stores have online sales too.

I also get sneak previews each year of the Black Friday ads before the general public gets to see the ads. There's actually a group that researches them all and gets the inside scoop way before the ads are released. You can sign up for the ads, which only come out for about 2 months, around this time each year. You can email webmaster@bfads.net . They don't spam you and you won't hear from them any other time of the year. But this time of year, they'll give you links to the ads before they're released. You can also follow them on facebook at www.facebook.com/bfads if you don't want to sign up for their emails.

So who's shopping? Online or in store? Were your stores crowded? What bargains did you get??

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!