What's in bloom today

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

My African bulbs are in bloom. Dynamite. A beautiful red Hadeco Sonata from Blooming Bulbs.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A later photo of Dynamite.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Hot Lips, a Hadeco Sonatini from Blooming Bulbs

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Another photo of Hot Lips

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

First Love, a Hadeco double Symphony from Amaryllis Bulb Company

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A later photo of First Love

Thumbnail by bsharf
Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

Thank you for showing!
New season!
German Productions!
"PapDon2" x "Royal Velvet"

Thumbnail by haweha

Thumbnail by haweha

Thumbnail by haweha
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

What a difference in the offspring from the same cross. Which parent contributed the shape of the flowers?

Thank you for your feedback.
And "Hot Lips" is now w/in my Frontal Lobes, got into my wishlist; I like the trumpet shape, the color and the shape of white midrib.

Pariter contribution, I do not know the appropriate term, but both parents contributed equally. The broad "butterfly wings" (the upper segments on the left and right side) are due to "PapDon" and H.papilio, respectively. This provides the offspring with slightly a differential symmetry, as one is generally accustomed to, in the "common" big flowers of TETs. And this is exactly what I am targeting!

"PapDon2" itself might be the most attractive knight Star Lily that I obtained EVER.

Thumbnail by haweha
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I can certainly see the butterfly wings in the PapDon2. That is really pretty.

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

These are all lovely. I love the intense red of Dynamite.

I've bought a couple of Christmas bulbs and have potted those up. Happy Memory will be a first for me so looking forward to that one.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Lovely Bells from Easy to Grow Bulbs. A pretty smaller red bloom on a scape that always has 5 buds instead of 4. As it ages, the edges of the flower become slightly ruffled.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A later photo of Lovely Bells. Here you can really see the difference in the flowers with age. The older bloom, on the left, has a ruffled edge, the new bloom, on the right, lacks the ruffled edge.

Thumbnail by bsharf

Love that Lovely Bells!

Aphrodite is opening.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Favorite time of the year for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, seeing the new crop of bulbs come into bloom.

No new bulbs for me this year, will have to wait for the regular bloom time. I have no more room, well I might could make room for a few more. LOL

Aphrodite in all her glory. Just noticed another bloom scape has formed on this one too :)

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Nice photography: the flower really jumps out with the dark background.

"PapDon2" x "Royal Velvet" The first specimen shown above blessed me with a second scape, 3 flowers. "Forcing" indoors resulted in a rather different color(-pattern)

Thumbnail by haweha
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I have an "Evergreen" pushing 2 flower spikes. Photos when she pops open!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

My first bloom for Hippeastrum Cybister 'Bogota.' The bulb has two bloom-stalks, totalling 8 buds. They open quickly, then the petals and sepals slowly recurve throughout the day. I'm glad I added this one to my collection...

Thumbnail by SCBegoniaGuy

bsharf, that First Love looks a lot like my Rozetta!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

First Love looks similar to several other cultivars, but according to Hadeco's website, its a good ID. Knock on Wood, the first 4 bulbs that have bloomed have been what I ordered. Remember some of the past years, where so many bulbs were incorrectly labeled?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Magnum from Royal Colors, a huge beautiful blood red flower

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Another photo of Magnum

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Snow Drift from Easy to Grow Bulbs. A pretty white double. This bulb came with a pest. A big fat caterpiller is now eating the scape. The bulb has never been outside, so the eggs had to be on it, when I got it.

Thumbnail by bsharf

Beautiful blooms!!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Starsong from White Flower Farm, flower is about 16cm across and dripping with pollen-might make a good pollinator

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

later photo of Starsong

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Cherries Jubilee from White Flower Farm Nice size, unusual cherry pink, slight ruffling on the edges. Also has a darker pink outline on the edges (similar to picotee) that is very attractive.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

'Evergreen'

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Evergreen is my favorite green Amaryllis: it puts on such a show, since all of its buds open at once.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Another green that is currently in bloom: Fantasy from Royal Colors. This was listed on their website as a miniature. Boy was I surprised when it bloomed, each flower was between 17-19cm across: much too large for a true miniature. I contacted RC, thinking that they had substituted. Well, the size is correct. It actually is a midsize bloom. RC listed it as a miniature to differentiate it from their other green Amaryllis, Luna which is a large flower. I bet I'm not the only person who wondered why this miniature was so huge!

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A later photo of Fantasy.

Thumbnail by bsharf

Beautiful blooms, I have a Charmeur with 3 bloom spikes & a Prelude just beginning to show. Found them while in AZ., just had to have them! lol They are huge bulbs from Hadeco. I like that Cherries Jubilee.

Jewel.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Apricot Parfait from Royal Colors true apricot color, mid size

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A later photo of Apricot Parfait

Thumbnail by bsharf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.