I need some help, please

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I have a problem that is rather lengthy to explain- here goes: Both my DH & I use free Avast on our pcs and like it. All who use it know that although it is free, we have to register every year and update it. His copy is nagging him to register, but I have tried dozens of times and it will not. It gives me the error I have attached. I went to MS and downloaded both .netframework 2 & service pack 2, but even after rebooting it still won't work. Sooo, I disabled Avast, and downloaded free AVG- get the SAME error. Now I don't know what is wrong. I would appreciate any help from the gurus !!! Thanks
PS- Edited to say: His PC has windows XP, and is a 260GHz processor with 1G ram. It's slow, but he is resisting anything new! It does all he needs to do.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2011 1:40 PM

Thumbnail by JoParrott
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!