CLOSED: FREE Rose Of Sharon seeds (US only)

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

My Grandfather passed away a few years ago and he had 50 + Rose of Sharon plants in his yard that he planted well over 20 years ago. He had many varieties and colors. From my memory he had single and double petals. Double petaled came in maroon and pink (both varieties developed seeds, unlike recently sold double plants that do not produce seeds anymore). Single came in pure white, white with red center, pink, lavender, and bluish color.

I collected seeds from most of his plants, and i'm sure the seeds will produce many interesting hybrids. One of his plants is known to produce albino seedlings frequently, but i'm not sure which one exactly, and I mixed all the seeds together so when I give them away people get a variety.

I'm giving away free seeds to whoever wants. Just send me a message with your name and address and i'll send them to you. Or if you want a quicker reply, just send me an email to keithp2012@yahoo.com and put the subject "rose of sharon seeds". All the seeds have found homes!

This message was edited Nov 15, 2011 12:54 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.