Indoor mini garden

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

This little garden was made by using an old blue speckled roasting pan like my grandmother used to use. Every time I look at it I think of her. Plants are dwarf mondo, baby tears and miniature jade. All are indoor plants. I need to order some more concrete to anchor the patio but for now it will do. It took longer to drill the holes in the pan than it did to make the garden!

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Another view.

South, TX

That is really nice! I bet the holes WERE very hard to drill! You did a great job!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sally. I hope you are feeling good today. I think of you so often and miss your lovely fairy gardens.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How cute! Love the birds nest. Wish I had room inside to do something like that.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you flowAjen. I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. That's why I do the mini gardens. They can be made in tea cups or anything and sit in a window sill, table center piece or anywhere there is light. I put this one on my livingroom end table under a lamp. It's a small roaster only 12 inches by 8 inches with an old microwave clear glass plate as a saucer. I found the roaster at a junk stores and said "Ah-ha, I can plant in this." Then I saw the $1. price tag!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Really cute.....too bad I only have good light in the dining room and every space is filled with house plants....LOL

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Awwww. Sorry because this is so addictive.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Hello Joyce, cute gardens....

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks again Char.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I love it Laney!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Bev. I need another color fence that would show up better. I put a little bit of floral tacky to hold the birdnest in the crook of the jade tree. (I just love the birdnest.) I used up all my paint and keep forgetting to get more. :0( Mud_Elf is making colorful cushions for the chair and love seat for me. I can't see well enough anymore to sew. Gettin' old ain't for sissys. lol

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I like it the way it is, but see what you mean about the fence not being very visible. Maybe replace the fence with a white picket one instead of painting it (I like the rustic look of it). Or train a flowery vine across it?! I can't wait to see the cushions Kris makes once they're in place!!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I like rustic too Bev. I have some rusty metal fence I might replace the wooden one with. It stands higher the the one that's there now and the planks are wider. Might show up better. Have to see.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.