A Great New Tool Discovery!

Carlsbad, CA(Zone 10b)

Recently I found a new tool on Amazon and had a chance to use it this week. It's the little bottle on the right with what looks like a large needle at the top. I used it on all the skinny lines in the butterfly which are scooped out slightly and about 3/16" wide, and instead of the usual hour or two I was able to finish a MUCH neater job in 15 minutes, with drying time in between coats. I was so excited!!! The glaze did have to be thinned so I put on four coats, probably an overkill.

Glazing takes me longer, especially fine details, as I have Essential Tremors which in my case causes poor fine motor coordination and my hands often jerk and don't go where they're told. Glazing details and skinny lines is a challenge and sometimes looks like a five year old did it, leaving lots of cleanup and touching up to do. (And of course for some dumb, probably unconscious reason, I like to do fine details like this piece.)

However, I thought I'd share this as I can see it being helpful to anyone as the glaze just flows out so smoothly at the rate you squeeze and you wouldn't have to re-dip a brush. Another student tried it yesterday to draw some slip designs and it worked really well for that, too. We apparently had one in the tool supply previously but people didn't clean it out well so it finally got tossed. Hope this is helpful to someone out there and not old info.
Annie

This message was edited Nov 14, 2011 6:57 PM

Thumbnail by Anniesfollies
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!