Temperature Roller Coaster Ride

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This sort of thing has been going on for weeks now .. up and down, up and down. Looks like we'll get our first frost on Saturday. I'm ready for it .. everything vulnerable is tucked away in the greenhouse!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We had frost here Saturday morning. Crazy, since the temp never dropped below 40. Glad I had brought in my succulents and citrus that have developing fruit.
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Ours hit Saturday morning .. gingers & brugs gone .. today I start cleaning up the mess.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Oh no! Nothing was really damaged here; I guess it didn't last long enough.
Now we're gong to be in the 70's/50's for this week. May get rain later in the week.
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I only got a half inch out of the front that passes through .. we're coming into another dip in temps .. only in the upper 50's tomorrow but will be back into the upper 70's by Monday .. No complaints here!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

And here we go again .. high today? 80!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Sure was! An I was decorating the Christmas tree tent at work. Gotta love it!
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I dug up all my curcuma gingers this morning - they were desperate for a divide .. so here it is November 21st and I'm sweating! Gotta love it!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Deja vu!

I was remembering that we had warm weather last November and sure enough found this thread from one year ago today!

Suppose to get into the upper 70's tomorrow!

Weather liars say colder and wetter than normal Winter for this year - I would have no complaints if we repeated last years Winter!

Winston Salem, NC

Two questions:

Anyone using floating row covers? I'm trying for the first time.

Do you dig up your dahlias and store in the winter? I'm in Winston Salem, NC.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.