My mother-in-law is gone

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi, everyone,

My beautiful MIL, Mary Jean,passed away in the early hours of December 5th in Ohio. I loved her very much and will miss her a great deal. She loved her family and butterflies and dahlias and gave me the second largest clump of Hosta I ever got. My husband is on his way back from Ohio as I write and we will have a memorial service for her later on in the year. Goodbye Mary Jean.
Martha

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

What a lovely tribute to her, Martha! I wish I had words that would give you comfort. My thoughts are with you and your DH. Hugs winging their way to you!
Louise

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

{{{hugs}}}

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Sorry to hear Martha

South Hamilton, MA

Best to you, Martha It is wonderful to have known such a person & her death will leave a hole to fill. Just concentrate on the good memories.

Thomaston, CT

It sounds like your MIL was a friend & garden mentor...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Sorry to hear.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry for your loss

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

my condolences

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very sorry Martha, sounds like she was a lovely women.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Martha, it was nice to read your loving tribute to your DMIL, May your Hosta clump and every passing butterfly or blooming dahlia bring you great memories of her. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, everyone. I have always appreciated the kindness of the members of Dave's Garden. I relayed your condolences to my husband and his sibs. He and I are donating a butterfly bush to the Saugus Garden Club's Butterfly Garden here in town. It will be planted in the Spring and will be a blue one, her favorite color. I am going to plant some large containers with dahlias next spring also, with some to go to the Butterfly Garden and some for me.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, this is sad news. (I assume you meant Nov. 5.) I am always happy to hear of beloved MIL because the stereotype is so strong against MILs. I imagine I will be one eventually so it is good to hear there is hope for the DIL-MIL relationship. I'm glad yours was happy and full of mutual admiration, respect and love, which can only lead to more happiness to everyone in your families. Strength to you and your families as you pass through this difficult time.

Carrie

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks to you all!
Martha

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello, everyone.
Just returned home last Monday where we spent 5 days in Dublin, OH with my FIL. We had a beautiful memorial service for Mary Jean with the whole family present and many of their friends. We spent the rest of the time managing my FIL's move to a smaller apartment in the building. It was good to see everyone and the weather cooperated with all of our travel plans. Thanks again to all of you for your kind wishes and thoughts for us during this time.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Glad to hear it, Martha.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.