My Hydrangea Blooms

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

I just wanted to share some bloom pics from my hydrangeas this past summer. I was looking through my photo album wishing it was summer again so I could have all these blooms back.

First three pictures are Endless Summer from two planted side-by-side by the deck.

Thumbnail by LadyAssassin
Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

2-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

3-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Cityline Vienna-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Annabelle-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Limelight-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

PeeGee-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Hamburg (this one is a new plant for me, so it's not that exciting yet)-

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Kyushu (this is new, too)-

I don't seem to have pictures of my Pink Diamond, Red Sensation or Glowing Embers. Maybe next year.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Very nice, LadyAssassin. Most of the old wood bloomers no longer have nice blooms and are turning brownish. I can understand how nice it would be to look at those nice old wood blooms longer during the growing season. How is Vienna working out for you?

Belleville, ON(Zone 5b)

Thanks Luis!

This was my second year with Vienna and I am very happy with the blooms, and the amount I got this year on a relatively small plant. It seems to be the only macrophylla that holds up very well in all day sun, and this past summer was very hot and humid with blazing sun every day.

I bought Cityline Mars in September, but the nursery had already deadheaded the blooms so I will have to wait until next summer to see this one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.