CLOSED: Christmas Swap, Signup Ends Nov 6

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Is it me, or has the past year flown by? I can’t believe it’s already time for our Christmas exchange! Thank you so much, LK, for volunteering to Co-Hostess

Among the suggestions of gifts below are several clever ideas many of you submitted. When you sign up, pick TWO categories by the numbers you’d like to RECEIVE and also let us know if you’re allergic to any foods or scents. Also mention the type of decorations you like or don’t like. Your Secret Santa may choose to send more than the two categories you pick.

1. Receive a Stuffed Stocking, either bought or homemade.

2. Receive an Ornament, a decorative Santa, Snowman, or Snow Woman. It’ll be up to your Buddy to choose which one.

3. Receive a minimum of six bows along with a plain wreath, homemade or bought. You as the recipient will be able to change the bows during the coming months and decorate the wreath to your liking.

4. Receive a new decorated Red or Green Garden Trowel or another new decorated gardening tool you can display inside or out. Again, it’ll be your Buddy’s choice.

5. Receive a small artificial tree decorated with traditional or non-traditional items. Non-traditional items could include shells, mirrored tiles, pine cones, feathers, sprays of flowers and leaves, or a combination of these or other items you have in your craft stash or imagination. It’s totally up to your Secret Santa how your tree will be decorated.

6. Receive food or non-food items. A few food items could be cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolates, pickles, and jams. Non-food items could include soaps, potpourri, fuzzy socks, or dish towels. Just for suggestions. Your Buddy will surprise you with their choice(s).

7. Receive a Glass Jar Candle with the scent of your Buddy’s choice.

8. Receive a regional cookbook OR several recipe note cards OR a magazine, new or used, that features Holiday recipes. Again this option will be left up to your Buddy.

9. Receive a mystery gift that begins with First Initial of YOUR User ID.

10. Receive a Large or Small garden flag OR Wind Chimes…your Buddy’s choice.

As always, our goal is to have fun as we celebrate another Christmas together and enjoy each other’s company! Put your thinking caps on, use your imagination, and brighten someone’s day with a box of gifts whether they’re on the suggested lists or not.

Fine print…..

If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting, please D-mail me your name, address, phone number and email address for my log.

All participants need to ensure your subscription is paid through January 31, 2012.

The value of the gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number.

Sign-Up ENDS Saturday, November 6th, at Noon.

You'll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail from either LK or me. Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. Please Priority Mail your package with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 5th. If you are mailing fragile items, please insure your package. Keep your receipt handy or D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you used to either LK or me, depending on which one of us assigned your Buddy. NEVER post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226690/

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 7:11 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Reserved for participants.

1234dottie / Dottie -- > #2 I love ornaments. Snowmen are my favorite. #4 Any kind of garden tool. #10 I do not have any kind of garden flag, I also love windchimes. Would love to have Surprises.

Bettypauze / Betty -- > absolutely no preference. Cannot receive plants or food across the border.

Carolyn22 / Carolyn -- > I don't like vanilla scented things, but love cinnamon. Would like a stocking stuffed with homemade items or things such as gardening tape and seeds. The other ideas all look good too.

ClanCampbell / Chris -- > #2- I like Santa Clauses best, I guess- really, no preference here
#10- don't really do flags that much, but everyone knows how much I love windchimes :-) (hint,hint) :-)
No allergies, but I don't like food smelling candles (like apple pie, etc) - would rather have something scented like flowers or vanilla (hmm, guess that might be food scented) I once found a victorian rose/vanilla candle that I LOVED.. and they quit making them LOL.

Cris316 -- > Would love to receive any of the items. Numbers 2, 6, 7 or 9 especially.
Allergic to bananas. Love vanilla scented items (candles, sachet, etc)

Crit / Patti -- > #6 is first pick. Second picks would be:
#2 I like snowmen/women
#5 Up to my buddy
#8 I love cookbooks and other people's recipe's that they like
#9 I'm a C. If you opt for cactus, I like unusual hens/chicks, odd cactus like living rock, etc. I'm not especially "asking" for cactus, just wanted to throw that in, in case. It is ALL up to my buddy
#10 Would like to start getting yard flags, but don't have any of the holders that they go on. I also love windchimes.
No allergies. Love food, chocolate, jams and clay thingy's. (hint hint. And that's a C! ) Don't care for cinnamon type scents. Use scentsy warmers more than candles. Like scents like Thunderstorm, Enchanted Mist and Rainforest...or for Christmas Poinsettia Pine.

Cville_Gardener / Carole -- > #4 and #10
I don't care for santas, elves, reindeer, angels, stockings, holiday ornaments and so forth. We don't put up a big tree.
Not allergic to anything but not wild about a lot of overpowering scents. Cinnamon, vanilla and citrus are my faves.
Do like small decorated trees (the funkier, the better), yard art, gardening items of all kinds, mobiles, stained glass, dark chocolate, soup fixins, pastas, and coffees/teas (especially organic).

deejay9 / Susie -- > I Would love any of these #2, #3, #6, or #9 but truly anything for my new home. Love rainbow colors. I have a small white tree so I have my hands up for Mini oddball ornaments for my tree from any one :) Love crafty people.

froggies_girl / Julie -- > My preferences are #6, 9, 1, 4, or 5 (I'm collecting New Orleans Saints items and their team emblem, the fleur de lis). Hyacinth, paperwhites, or other bulbs are fine. Buddy, I'm putting specifics but I'll love whatever you send. And I'd love a book that the children and I can record favorite Christmas traditions. Can be handmade or bought.

FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- > I'm picking #9 and #10 but would be just as happy with Surprises. Also love dark chocolate, jarred candles, and homemade jams or jellies. Don't send me a Fruitcake...lol, and I can't stand Chocolate Covered Cherries.

happgarden / Joyce -- > #2 and #9 Anything is ok with me. I am traditional bright red/bright green/and white Christmas person. Love surprises & homemade jelly.

irisluvr0252 / Debbie -- > Sorry, I can't pick just 2!
#2, 6, 8, 10...out of these 4 I think I would go with #2 and #8 but would definitely be happy with anything my buddy chooses!

jab91864 / Julie -- > I will be easy, whatever my buddy wants to send. No allergies or major dislikes.

joeswife / Debra -- > Surprise me.

lizrainey / Liz -- > #6 and #10 -- No rose smell, no coconut or cheese.

mandy97 / Mandy -- > I think I'd like #6 and either #1 or #8 - buddy's choice. I'm not a fan of floral scents, but do enjoy fruit and cinnamon scents.

Mud_Elf / Kris -- > First choice would be # 5. I would like the mini-tree as it can be our Christmas tree for this year. I would love a cowboy or beach themed one.. The cowboy is for the long suffering Ralphie. My second choice is #10 as I can always use more yard art.
Need to say we are in a tiny place so any types of scents over power us so no candles or anything like that PLEASE. And we are on restricted diets so food is out too.

purpbutfly / Cindy -- > I would rather be totally surprised. Let my buddy decide what she wants to send me. No candles though because I make candles myself. Would like to have a butterfly tree.

ridesredmule / Char -- > #5 and #9 and #10. I can't stand smelly candles. I'm not a candle lover. Can't even go into one of those perfume places. Lord help me around those cinnamon brooms that almost take my breathe away.

Robynznest -- > #2 and #6. I love snowmen. I am allergic to oranges and most citrus fruit. Even the smell of an orange makes me sick. Other than that I'm pretty easy. A snowman and loads of dark chocolate will pretty much make me a very happy camper.

rouxcrew / Joy -- > #6 and #9

taters55 / LK -- > No specifics, just what ever my buddy wants to send.

warriorswisdomkathy / Kathy -- > #10 (would adore windhimes, hint hint) #5, if possible a traditional (it's been 5 years since I've had a tree and most of my lights and ornaments were aquired by my daughter and family. Love various Santas and or #6. I didn't see anything about any elves, if my trade partner has one to spare that can dig and plant I would forever be grateful.

Staying to chat...

AmandaEsq / Amanda
rvnsbrk / Neener

This message was edited Nov 6, 2011 9:01 PM

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

O.K. Christmas is in the air.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I am afraid to look outside cause I am afriad I will see Christmas in the air (snow) rofl.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

just came in to take over with daddy so jim could get some sleep i was up most the night also .
Doc came into the room & said he could not get to the tumor as big as daddy;s prostrate is & said that the tumor is a slow growing type so it might be another yr or two possible 3 yrs before anything becomes of it & to remove it now he would few better doing the surgery up in grand rapids where his own surgical staff is & he would be there if any bleeding occured .
we have opped not to put him through any unnessasary radical surgery at his age he is 98 & he has a better chance seeing that 100 mark without the surgery .

ok so we will get our names this weekend ??? looking forward to this one well guess i better get off here daddy will be ready to get up soon
back later i the day

see your another early bird miss carol :)))

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

nah, taters! thunk i jost sit this one out............under the table! yall have fun, now!

Athens, PA

Susie - sounds like a good idea. I didn't think they liked to do surgery once a person was into their 70's. I hope Daddy is not in any discomfort.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, don't work too hard today. Sending prayers for your Dad!

doc says daddy is in better health them any of his 50 & 60 yr old patients. this is why he is ok with removing the tumor so that it won't grow but he could not get to it without special instruments that he did not have here & he would feel much better with his own staff .
this is why he did not go through with it here . witch is ok . with us daddy is in no pain with this .. but now will just stay with cathater
& Is doing well with it .
pastor is in with him now so i came out for a coffee break :) ya all have a great day also going well here today :)
susie

Bless you dear girl and your wonderful Daddy....

Susie, you are so lucky to have your Daddy. And we are lucky to have him in our lives every day. I do not have a father so I am kinda adopting him,, hope you do not mind!! It has been so much fun to read about him over the past 2 years, I always get a chuckle when you post about him when he is well and now that he is sick I worry for him too. So like I said he is family. Hope this makes sense as I so rarely do..lol

Been working all day on future swap buddy's stuff!! And Lk has been craking the whip on me for molds,, so back to work..

However I will share my pressie from my sweet Ralphie!!

Thumbnail by

(((Susie))) sending hugs to you and your Dad.

GAgirl, are you in girlfriend?

He's pretty Cool most of the time But Lately now he's been wearing us out :) He just cannot sleep going to go give him one of my
special HOT TODDY Tonight To help him Sleep . elfie those little guys are very cute .
well jim wants me so gotta go back later "MAYBE " GnAll

Kris, those are so cute!

Love the little Gnomes Kris. So cute.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Dang it's getting harder and harder to get on DG lately and I have high speed DSL.

Elfie I feel the same way. Susie your daddy is our daddy, too. You're a very special lady to take care of him and bless his heart, 98 years young. He might just try to out live you.

Yes, mine too and I'm an old woman....

Blackshear, GA

Hey Fruity,
If you mean the house....no...another holdup on the granite. Won't be in(granite) til end of next week...so we are another week behind. This is really getting old!!

You have to be so tired of hold-ups before you finally get to move in. What I meant to ask was if you're joining us for our Christmas Swap? Sure do hope so :)

Anybody else out there lurking, come on and join us. Sign-up ends Saturday at Noon.

Blackshear, GA

Sorry Fruity....misunderstood.

I just can't right now...even though I would love too!! I just have too much going on right now. Still haven't had my GH moved yet. The guy was supposed to come today,but I haven't had time to move all the plants out of it and forgot I needed to have the electricity disconnected. Bah humbug! Anyway, he's coming next week (fingers crosssed). I am so afraid the weather is going to change before I get it moved. Supposed to be in the 80s most all week next week so if that will hold true, I 'll be ok. Thanks for thinking of me. Definately next time.

GM All Just haven my coffee waiting for everyone to get up. Munchin on a donut sure wish i had not made them now for they make so many .& are like Potato chips cannot eat just one . well i hear jim moving around so you all have a great day I Hope to be able to go shopping this weekend.

Morning Deejay,, Give Daddy a kiss for us all!

GaGirl.,, Sure wish you could join us as it is always more fun with you in a swap. I would come help ya move that problematic GH. But I would probably just move it way further west that you have plans for...heehee...

My hands be hurting today.. Might have worked them out a bit much yesterday.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Elfie I love your little elves. Gorgeous work.

Elfie, I take TriFlex I get at GNC to help me move my hands. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to do anything. It is a oval tablet. Don't want to be without it or my Copper bracelets..

TriFlex,, humm will check.. Thanks for the info!!

Blackshear, GA

LOL Elfie I have an 8 x 16 glass one also that needs to be moved, but it may have to stay behind. I will be sad if it does.
Heading to Athens to the GA game, supposed to be COLD. Have a great weekend!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I wanted very badly to join this swap, then DH just a few minutes ago, burst my bubble.
He said, knowing me, I won't settle with just $20 worth and will go overboard. Then he reminded me that there are some commitments in Dec. to take care of.

It's a strange adjustment from being carefree on gifts once upon a time...

So.. forgive me.. but I'll be lurking.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 11:19 AM

Ohhhh,, I may have to try to talk Ralphie into coming to help move that to my,, oh I meant your house....lol

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Leave a greenhouse behind, oh no way! They would be prying my bloody paws from the doors! LOL

Can't wait to get my name, so exciting.

I always go out the Friday after Thanksgiving, but now alot of stores are starting at midnight, good grief, that means I wouldn't get any sleep for 2 days... rofl. Someone else is going to have to cook Thanksgiving, so I can rest for the marathon... ;)

Well figured out we have a great craft show the 12th of Nov, then saw a sign there is another in Ks that same weekend, then a great one 19th of Nov, and last but not least there is one the Dec 3rd.

(((Jayebird)))

Just so our players know, LK and I have split the list of participants. Her name is on mine and my name is on hers. Secret Elves At Work, ya know. We are shooting to send names out Sunday afternoon around 5 o'clock.

LK, that's 5 PM my time an hour ahead of you after we 'Fall back' Saturday night....LOL Does that make sense?

Sure does. 4 PM my time.

Poor Elfie don bin working her fingars to dA BONZS TODAY.. tIRED eLFIE.. NEED TO JOIN jAX UNSDER THE TABLE AN GUZZELE SUM bAILEYS,,,,

Ya all gonna get drunk!!!☺ Then you can work that clay!!!!

Waiting under the table to get my name,,,

One more day Kris! Then everyone will have names!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

................come on lil elf! taters done says her gonna keep us supplid with bailey's!!!!!

Look what I did today!!!

Thumbnail by
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

aww that is adorable! is that coleus in the corners out front there? where did you find that gorgeous trunk? that fence is really neat, did you make that too?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.