CLOSED: CLOSED: Hibiscus seeds

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

Any one interested I still have some Radius Hibiscus seeds(photo below) Thanks DG mail me

louisiana

This message was edited Nov 1, 2011 8:05 PM

Thumbnail by louisiana
Blackshear, GA

I would love some...sending you a dmail.

Linden, TX(Zone 8a)

Is this the hibiscus coccineus or Texas star hibiscus? If so I would love to have some seeds.

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

Frosty Kay
No,this is not the Texas Star.Enlarge the photo and you can see where it is planted in the ground and then the end of it is over by the pine tree.They will have a single stalk and flowers up and down the stalk.A very beautiful flower and easy to grow.I sprouted my seeds using the paper towel method.I do have seed left ----send me your address.Thanks a lot and know you will be happy with them
louisiana

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hibiscus radiatus-large deep wine colored flowers, pretty palmate foliage, blooms late.
Here in zone 7 they bloom through early frosts and persist until a hard freeze. I have had them return after mild winters, but most seasons I have to take cuttings in fall or start from seed in late winter. If I did not have it, I would want it!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Dmailing you

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

poisiondartfrog
You described it just right--thank you.Have you seen other colors beside this?I love Hibs.
Thank you for reading my post
louisiana

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

Sorry,not any more seeds. Will have some more in Spring.Thanks to every one that requested seed.They are in the mail now.Thanks very much
Rachel

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.