difference between two white ones?

Galien, MI

I bought Ice Blue and Gillian Blades, and the tags are now missing. I can't find my notes diagramming what I planted where. I'm trying to figure out which is which, based on pictures. Both bloom on new and old wood. How would you tell the difference between these two?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

All I can think of is to wait until they bloom and then compare photos to Plant Files. Make labels in advance so when they do bloom you can identify each one and label them. Also, take photos and label them as to the names.

Galien, MI

The pictures look the same to me, when I look at the plant files photos. Am I missing something?

Looking at the photos on Plant Files, it appears Ice Blue has a light blue central bar while Gillian Blades has touches of lavender. Probably from 20' away it would be a challenge to notice the subtle difference between them.

Galien, MI

Ok, thanks! It also look like Gillian might have more ruffled edges. Yes? I saw some examples that didn't, so I wasn't completely sure.

Yes! I was just going through screen capture photos and that's what I noticed as well. Very nice!

Athens, PA

The tepals on Gillian Blades seem to be a bit narrower than on Ice Blue. I have GB and I don't always see a ruffled look to the tepals either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.