Deer in Suburban Colorado

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

This is the Final Picture I took - these two spend too much time in my back yard and allowed me to walk right up to the fence. The smaller one was a fawn this past spring. They trotted off when I went outside the fence.

Thumbnail by pollengarden
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

This is the first picture I took through the kitchen window. My Corgi is trying to herd five deer out of my veggie garden and fruit trees. Before the dog went out - one of the deer was nibbling on the peach tree on the far right. Peaches are fairly deer resistant, but the apples and pears (not shown) are a favorite deer snack.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

This is the second photo: the deer pointedly ignoring my other dog.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Wow that's a lot of deers, How many were there? I'm counting 4 in the first pic, but the second seem to be showing more.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

There seemed to be 5 total. Three? ran off, 2 weren't afraid of the dogs and stuck around. My husband saw 13 in the backyard last spring, that would be the most sighted at once. Just beyond the fruit trees there is a utility easement that leads to a drainage easement that leads to Pueblo Reservoir in Pueblo State Park. I think that is where they originally came from. But the two in the top picture may not even leave the neighborhood anymore.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Great pic's !!! They sure are a brazen herd.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.