Oh no...SNOW!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yesterday sunshine and bloom,
today snow and gloom!

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That was earlier this morn and yesterday my grasses were beautiful, now smashed flat. Dahlias are covered and breaking and all heck has broken loose!

Thumbnail by haighr
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Is this early for winter to be hitting your neck of the woods? Looks like that is the end of your dahlias for the season. Did you grow them all in pots again this year? I was going to put a couple in one-gallon pots and sink them into the ground like you do, but never got around to it. Maybe next year. Most of my dahlias that I let overwinter in the ground came back - lost about 4 tubers of out 25.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Very early.
No I did not have the dahlias in pots this year, dang. They need to be dug, rinsed and stored. Glad yours overwintered and came back, no way they would do that here. Not sure the snow and cold haven't already ruined them???

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, no snow yet. been in the upper 50's amost 60's.. freeznig at nite though. I transplanted my dahlias and brought then ndoors. I cut them back and am hoping I might get a few blooms going before spring..

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I hope you get some blooms. I might try that next year instead of just putting all away. Been the same temps here as well and T-day was quite warm almost 70.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, sounds like a plan.. Hope you and yours hada Happy T day and case I do not get the chance, here is also wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.