October 26th, 2011: Lantana 'Dallas Red' (Lantana camara) by sunkissed

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for October 26th, 2011 was Lantana 'Dallas Red' (Lantana camara).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-10-26

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Love the bright colors!!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Truly stunning. Gorgeous photo!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice shot! This stuff grows like a weed here! Love it!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks everyone...that shot was taken in the spring...the plant went for awhile without blooms during the hot months, but now it is busting out again. I do love the color changes of this one from bud to flower.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The colors are so fantastic. Love your shot,

It seems the last few weeks only lantana is in full bloom in the nurseries. I have seen such beautiful ones. I have resisted though. I am drowning in plants for the winter but I think I will get more in spring. The ones here though planted in the garden get so huge. I do not have the space. I have 1 that has both yellow and white blooms in a pot for several years and I just love it and it seems to love me too. It was originally planted with a purple one and it was so pretty together. But the purple hated me and left.

This one you captured so well is a for sure to get one!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Kell.. I have lavender, white, golden and the Dallas Red photographed. I have had the lavender and white for many years in the ground and have to trim them back or they'll take over the garden. They all bloom sporadically during the hot summer months, but do the most blooms starting early fall and keep blooming even after we have nights down into the freezing temperatures. In fact the leaves will burn, but the flowers still pop out. All the way up until the heat in May...I chop them way down to the ground then. The Dallas Red will freeze and not come back, so I keep it in a pot...do I can lug it in on those darn freezing nights...but it is a hybrid and not the native weeds like the others. Guess they like FL humidity.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.