supposed to be Nymph Fly

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I received a leaf last year. It's supposed to be Nymph Fly. According to description Nymph fly is supposed to be a semi-miniature. I'm waiting for it to bloom. One of the leaves is 3" long. Here's a picture taken this morning.

Thumbnail by imadigger
(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

The couple I've seen have grown like kind of a mess....the leaves and stems twist and are close together. The one I had was never very small like you would think mini would be.

tish

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

tish, the leaves on this one twist and turn every which way. LOL I received a leaf in a trade quite a while ago and thought maybe it was mis-named. I'm going to take a few leaves off that see if they grow the same way. This one is not a semi-mini at all. One leaf is 3" long and almost as wide.
Eileen

Charlotte, MI

Eileen,
It should grow much smaller than 3". I'll look through my prop trays and see if I still have this one.
Diane

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I think yours may be Blue Tail Fly,but if so the foliage would be bustled.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2011 12:58 PM

Montgomery, AL

This is my Nymph Fly in a 3in pot. The leaves are very large, but don't twist or tangle. I'm going to let it bloom to see the flower for the first time. A lady exhibited her Nymph Fly at our show last year in a 4 inch pot. It was in with the standards. Hers was sporting to bustle-back at the time and had a note beside it indicating the anomaly. It was interesting. Are Blue Tail Fly and Nymph Fly related via sport?
Jamie

Thumbnail by jamiew
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Jamie,
'I'm not sure,but I think both were hybridized by Dates.
Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.