Pictures of Kenny & Jim's Plant Swap

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Sure missed those of you that didn't make it. Was a wonderful day to spend with great friends !

This is Kenny, Jim and our newest to TN swaps (from Texas) - Becky.

Thumbnail by n2birds

So good to see Marilyn. . . "but do you really think you can eat that entire cake by youself ?"

Thumbnail by n2birds

This was Jim's windmill spinner thingy that everyone was wanting to steal... yes, I said "steal". lol

Thumbnail by n2birds

Charlotte, Marilyn, and Crissy.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Mary (busy bee) and her sweet daughter Lisa.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Some of the garden pictures.

Thumbnail by n2birds

More

Thumbnail by n2birds

Thumbnail by n2birds

more of the gardens

Thumbnail by n2birds

Kathy Ann and Kim - "always waiting to be served".... but wait, I thought we had already eaten.

Thumbnail by n2birds

"Our hosts"
Kenny and Jim - 2 of the most wonderful people in my life !

Thumbnail by n2birds

Sheila - opening her door prize.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Loretta with her door prize

Thumbnail by n2birds

Christine with her door prize.

Thumbnail by n2birds

SaraLee with her door prize. (She was Becky's guest)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Becky with her's - isn't this butterfly beautiful !

Thumbnail by n2birds

Charlotte opening her gift - but looks like Kathy Ann is trying to take it before Charlotte can get it out of the bag.

Thumbnail by n2birds

... Finally, Kathy Ann got her door prize

This message was edited Oct 23, 2011 6:37 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

And Kim with her's.

Can't believe I didn't get a picture of Lisa's daughter with her's - she carried around the rest of the day. She was sooo proud.

Thumbnail by n2birds
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Great pictures. I had a great time, Thanks jim for allowing us to come to your home, your gardens are beautiful! it looks like a tropical paradise around there.

I didn't get my own gift, Kenny got my gift. lol I'm not sure who's gift I got. but I liked them.

Olive Branch, MS

Missed the one's that couldn't make, but thanks for all who came. Sandra I did get my Oreo's and Coke. It was great seeing everyone and meeting Becky, SaraLee and Sheila. The food was great and swapping plants was fun as always. I don't mind volunteering Jim's place at all LOL, so when we get together again if we need a place I'll just tell him like I did this time.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Marilyn updating her Facebook status.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Becky and Bonnie

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Mary and Marilyn who is still updating her Facebook status. LOL

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

I guess whatever it was went that way!!

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Marilyn was very protective over that cake. It appears she and Crissy where fixing to have it out.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Sheila

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Thumbnail by obbirds
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What a great time!!! Loved every minute! Kenny thanks so much for telling Jim we were having it at his place!!LOL Yall got some great pictures! Marilyn really did do a great job guarding that cake!

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

I had a great time too! Enjoyed the company, food , and Jim's amazing landscape! I'm with Charlotte, I want to come live in Jim's botanical paradise! I'll post pics later. I gotta get up at 3:30 am for work 12hrs. So I'm going to bed. Good night all.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Great pictures, everyone!
Kenny--you are tooo funny with those captions! LOL

I'll be right back with a link to my photos. No sense in posting them all here. You guys have already posted some really good ones!

We were on the road before sunrise!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

. . .and we were still on the road at sunset! Now that is dedication to gardening and to friendship! :o) (as seen through the bug-splattered windshield)

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the link to my photos. There are also photos which I took at Kim's house on the afternoon of 10/21/11. There are about 100 photos in this link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105392295270959293400/MidSouthRU102211?authkey=Gv1sRgCIzF-fXYvaqqmAE#

This message was edited Oct 24, 2011 7:25 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Good pictures Marilyn!! Now wouldn't Kim's Peackcocks and Jim's windmill go good together! I missed the metal bird by Jim's pond! So much to see I couldn't take it all in!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad you enjoyed the photos, Charlotte!

Here's a photo of the new little shade bed which I made yesterday for the plants I bought at Homestead. This bed is along the north side of the house and gets very little sun so it should be perfect for these plants. I will enlarge it to go along the entire wall but there is a scrubby tree mixed in with an old climbing rose and they need to come out before I can do any more. The climbing rose needs to be planted in the sun and the tree needs to be tossed!

Thumbnail by marsue
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Very nice pix! Marilyn, I did not realize that you took so many pix of my yard!

Olive Branch, MS

Marilyn your pics are great and next year your beds will come to life. . Kim I think I could live on you deck. We've worked the past few days getting the shelves re-done so now we're ready to start putting things away.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn your bed looks good! Your daughter is going to enjoy all your flowers!

Kenny hadn't thought of concrete blocks to make shelves - need to remember that. I did that many, many years ago but hadn't thought of it recently. You are going to be able to pack that place tight!!

I haven't done anything yet and it may be toward the end of the week before I can. Have a busy week.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad y'all enjoyed the pix! Yes, Kim, while you were hiding behind the coleus so I wouldn't take your picture, I was taking pictures of your flower beds! ROFL

Kenny, you and Jim have really been busy in that greenhouse since Saturday! I am looking forward to next spring when I can plant the EE's that I brought home with me!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.