Some Orchtoberfest pics

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Went for a 2nd trip this weekend to Orchtoberfest and was able to catch some orchid pics. Beautiful!

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Ok last one. There were thousands of plants, wish I could have gotten more pics. =)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
north coast nsw, Australia

ohhh beautiful esp. the Paphs.

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

Great pics. Where was this Ochtoberfest at? Tell us more about it.

Jim

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

The Orchtoberfest was at E.F.G. Orchids in Deland, Fl. www.efgorchids.com I stumbled on to the add for Orchtoberfest by accident looking for a place locally to take my daughter to get pumpkins, hay ride, etc. and it said they were having a plant sale so I decided to check it out. I went in without much expectations and I was very pleasantly elated when I walked through the door of the greenhouse. They had soooOOOooo many orchids, epi's, Huernia's, Stapelia's, desert roses, ferns, bonsai, plumeria, bat plants, etc. Ok so I bought a couple things, then went back the next day and got a couple more things...lol

Their website says they've been in business for 65 years and are apparently one of the oldest orchid wholesalers in the country. The people there were very nice and helpful and the plants were very nice and well maintained. I'll post a few more pictures...

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Black bat plant

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

White bat plant

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

money tree bonsai

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Check out the huernia's in sea shells, really neat!

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Epi's, huernia's and bromelliad's oh my! (haha)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Other neat stuff...

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow, really nice. I feel a day trip coming on.

Jim

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

Wonderful pics, thanks! If I went to a sale like that I'd have to take X amount of cash and leave the credit cards at home.

I've been looking for a nice Ric Rac plant like those in that last picture. Wish I was up that way more often.

Elaine

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Pure , I worked up there Friday and Saturday. I work for them on/off as needed. I also end up buying alot of plants...they are literally 5 minutes from me. George and Paula are great people, and there is really no other place like it right around here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.