Sky Diver is so cute

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Here is a bloom of my new Sky Diver. Wish I had a better quality camera so I could capture the color. It doesn't show here, but there are blue/lavendar streaks and spots. The bloom is very small--I wonder if they will get bigger with subsequent blooming?

Thumbnail by Seaecho
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

The bloom is very pretty.

Lynn

Montgomery, AL

Tell me about Sky Diver. Is that an african violet? I love yellow blooms.
Jamie

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

The bloom is actually white. It looks yellowish in the pic, but is not. Yes, its an AV. I'm hoping the bloom will be larger when its opened completely. I hear Sky Diver can vary greatly in bloom color. That prompted me to get one, to see what color I got. The blooms are also held fairly high above the foliage. Here's a link to show you the diversity of color you can get with the blooms.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=sky+diver+african+violet&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Seaecho
It might just be the light,but the plant looks like it could have a little powdery mildew.If so,spray a little Lysol above it and maybe increase air circulation.

I loved the link.It had pictures of many lovely African Violets.
Lynn

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

could be light reflecting off the hairs on the leaves.

I wasn't sure either.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Okay, to weigh in on his one: All I can recommend is Neem - both for prevention and control... :)

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

LOL, its remnants of the packing material that was used! Two sellers sent me plants in some kind of stuff that looks like fiberglass, but is not, because its soft. I am still having a heck of a time getting it off my plants, even though they get a warm bath with every watering. It won't brush off easily either. The plants bpsimpson sent me are the only ones that don't have it, and they didn't have that packing material in their boxes. So I'm HOPING its not powdery mildew!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Oh, is it the yellowish, fibrous kind of stuff? Like rock wool? That's a total disaster as a packaging material. I cannot believe that it's still being used...

It gets stuck on everything that has a fuzzy surface and it makes me itch and sneeze...

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out an easy way to get it off plants...

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what it is! I kept thinking it would eventually come off on its own, but its been WEEKS and its still there! LOL

I have never heard of it.I am sure glad it's not mildew!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.